Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/07/2008 6:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much better...

BTW, Mav, remember the bartender at Aqua?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 12:52am

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    You all have horrible taste in music.
    Are you sure about that? I guess I only can groove to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liyiT_DGREA

If you don't get wet between the legs listening to this song, then there is something wrong with you... Yes, I mean guys too. I'm a dude myself.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 2:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Then again, you're a hippy who thinks life is fair and should be full of cuddles and wet puppy noses. Why you do Martial Arts is beyond me.

By the way, Mas Oyama was Korean.
    That's Sensei Hippy to you, grasshopper. And Oyama turned Japanese

I do martial arts because I like to hit people. You youngsters have such a weird view of hippies. Somehow you think that the current neo-hippy wannabe with dread locks, wearing a tie died dress, and smoking a joint while panhandling and giving your daughter STDs is what hippies were about. Jesus H Fucking Christ. You should spend some time reading my old correspondence with that Baby Eater, Vargas. It took a while, but in spite of his military training HE managed to break out of the (your tiny) limited mindset. It took awhile, but he did learn that I wasn't Jane Fonda and Barbara Striesand with a beard.

I remember being accused of lying when I mentioned my 'Nam vet friends. A-historical dopes assumed that somehow there was a big difference between hippies and vets. No, we were all smoking pot and chasing the same women and fed up with Nixon, Agnew and the rest of the assholes who were and are fucking our nation in the ass. Like last month at the Peace Vigil on main street this young Iraq vet came up and asked the two guys on the end of the line if there were any vets here and they replied that yes, me and him are both Vietnam veterans.... And many claim that that war ended because of the ever increasing anti-war movement IN THE ARMED SERVICES. And speaking of anti-war veterans, check out http://www.asoldierspeace.com/, which yours truly is helping get shown.

I'll make this as clear as I can, with a couple examples of real people.

Here's the most famous "leader" of the Hippies: Ken Kesey - the author of some amazing classic novels; the leader of the Merry Pranksters – a group of psychedelic radicals from the sixties and the holder of numerous records in WRESTLING FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON.

here's another picture: Looks like a Aikido ****** hippy. right? Christ.... Oh, and both of Kesey's sons wrestled for U of O and they family is active is fighting to preserve the wrestling program, which is being cut by the fuckwits who run (ruin) the athletic dept. They cut it at USU also, the money being in bringing in illiterate thugs "playing" football, rather than local guys, actual students, wrestling. fucking sad. http://saveoregonwrestling.com/?cat=1

And then there's Ken Babbs, Kesey's right hand man and fellow Merry Prankster. Who, in his own words, ""I was in NROTC in college, took the marine option and was commissioned a second lieutenant". He was a helicopter pilot who served in Vietnam. Another Tai Chi hippy in a Chinese robe shooting chi bolts? Right. He was the inventor and instigator of the "prank" concept and this is what he looked like in the sixties:

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 2:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a good quote, Ken’s son Zane, now 44, reflects on what it was like growing up in a wrestling family. "We had a wrestling mat in our living room. Dad was fierce. He had a very solid forehead that he used to clonk up against anybody with a tremendous amount of force. And he knew a lot of the old-fashion, really muscly moves. He respected many of the old masters.

"My brother Jed and I practised. We kept at it and learned a number of moves, eventually getting better at it. We competed for Oregon Uni and that was a lot of fun. But there was a wreck. Our team van went over a cliff, and my brother died in it. That was in ’84."

By saying, "Why you do Martial Arts is beyond me," you are
    creating divisiveness and polarity where none exists. I think that posting that video is disgusting. That means I fit some idiot vision of what you think a "hippy" might be in your fantasy land that lies between your ears, has nothing to do with me or my life.

Kesey, probably the most famous "hippy" in the world raised his kids wrestling. Me, once upon a minor long haired type who continues to protest war, and continues to soak his gi while wearing head gear, mouth guard and gloves, raised his kids as martial artists and since my daughter did successfully punch out an attacker, I thank God for it.

Remember the original Wiki article you (Phrost) wrote about a teenage girl and how she'd be taught martial arts bullshit and therefore was going to be easy to beat and rape or whatever? My daughter was in a system that spars once every three months and does a lot of two person kata. And JUST like BJJ exercises, they expect the higher the belt rank, the greater the resistance and the harder the strikes and takedowns should be done in their katas.. What a concept!
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 3/08/2008 2:54pm at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 3:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the If you lost a limb, would you continue to do Martial Arts? thread

Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    What is the point of making fun of a guy in a wheel chair doing karate?

It implies that handicapped people shouldn't do martial arts. Well, to be fair, maybe that they shouldn't do kata. But kata is a different subject. Of course the handicapp should work out in martial arts. Jesus fucking christ, there's a multi system bb (karate, aikido,judo + similar rank instructor in CMA) who lost his foot after it was crushed rolling at a BJJ dojo (strep in hospital...). Want to tell him that he shouldn't work out? I wouldn't dare piss him off myself. Of course he should keep working out. It would be hard, but so what? Life isn't for sissies.

I was at the "Blood Bath," the Utah Karate Open (similar to Kyokushin tournies, but head shots allowed), and an old guy on crutches and tied to an oxygen tank did a demo of Tensho kata - the same one that's shown in various places in this site. The fucker was on his last legs, actively dying. It was one of the cooler things at that tourney. But I imagine that many would ridicule this; after all, he wouldn't last a minute in the UFC.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone should tell Jean Jacque Machado to stop doing martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 1:03pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    I must learn that.

There's been a request I post my tea ceremony pumsae. Any seconds?
    Only if you agree to show all the hidden moves, so we mere mortals can use them in t3h str33t. ;-)

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 10:24pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was quite the man-dancer in my day.

Also, why no love for Olorin?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 2:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    Someone should tell Jean Jacque Machado to stop doing martial arts.
    Why? He's too good a specimen?
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314 LastLast