Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 1:03am

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My wrestling diet

I dont know if this will help anyone, but I lost 60lbs and gained a great deal of muscle. I started my first wrestling season at 270lbs and ended it at 210lbs (Eventually found better comfort at 230lbs with 28% fat. Keep in mind I am 6'7) No snacks, no sugar, NO SODA, no milk. 3 meals and 3 meals only. Large breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner. vegetables with every meal and no less than a gallon of water. I would start my day off with eggs, fish, brown rice, orange juice, brocoli, celery, carrots and a fullbody protein shake.
    (Other brands are good too, I just like FullBody) For lunch I would pack some juice, a veggie pack(lettuce, baby tomatoes, carrots, celery...etc) with some non fat, low carb ranch and a chicken sanwhich.(No mayo, just with lettuce, tomato on all wheat bread) For dinner I would have a piece of chicken or fish with some vegies. Oh and on all of these no breaded or deep fried fish or chicken. During the season I did 3 hour workouts 5 days a week and 4-5 on saturday.(My coach is hardcore, keep in mind I wrestled for the same high school who trained Dan Barerra and most of us know how he trains) during the off season I just workout 1-2 hours every other day. Allowing a day for the muscles to grow. butdo legs one day, arms another, torso another and then do a full body long work out another day. Keep your body guessing. Also vitamins are great. I use B12, Wheaties and NOS. I cant say this diet will work for everyone, but at the end of 3 months I had lost 60lbs of pure fat and I was ripped. I didnt have a six pac, but without flexing I could clearly see my triceps and biceps, my stomach wasnt sticking out, my waste size went from a 42 to a 38. I looked good and felt great.

Best of luck,
    -Dozer

P.S. you can go through sugar withdrawls so be for warned and little things like taking the stairs and doing the dishes by hand do help. Screw plastic surgery(not to bash those who need weight loss surgery for medical reasons), screw the miracle diets. Eating right and working out works. Oh and dont do this alone, its easier when you have back up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 2:09am

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds like a solid diet. Nothing really new here, I'm sorry to say, but good on you for losing the weight.

A kid on my wrestling team lost 60 pounds between September and February, doing pretty much the same thing (diet, 2.5-hour workouts 5 days a week). Actually, come to think of it, he had very similar numbers (240 to 180).

Stick to it and you could go 189 next year. You could be an 89'er with the strength of a heavyweight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 2:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know its nothing new, but it works. But I am comfortable at 230lbs. I am sure I could get to about 188lbs, but I dont like being that hardcore. you look at Imes and Sylvia they barely make weight. When I wrestled, I wrestled at 230lbs and during the off season I was 230lbs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 4:17am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uri Shatil, I like your cat.

He/she looks like a real ghetto kid with the mismatched black and white.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 3:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by namaste
    Uri Shatil, I like your cat.

He/she looks like a real ghetto kid with the mismatched black and white.

HOLY OFF TOPIC MESSAGE BATMAN!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 5:28pm

Style: Oyoma Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great post Big Dozer, gives us fatties some inspiration.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 11:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No prob. Also I would like to add due to wrestlers starving and sweating to make weight my state enforces nutritions tests when they do drug tests. If you dont pass you dont wrestle. So this diet will get you healthy, not just loose weight. Anybody can loose weight, but it take work to be healthy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 12:30am

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer
    No prob. Also I would like to add due to wrestlers starving and sweating to make weight my state enforces nutritions tests when they do drug tests. If you dont pass you dont wrestle. So this diet will get you healthy, not just loose weight. Anybody can loose weight, but it take work to be healthy.
    Nutrition tests? Damn. We just get hydration tests every now and then. I'm lucky I'm not moving to Idaho (oooh, I know your home state).

I prefer to use a combination of healthy diet (always, but especially in the pre-season), then when match time comes closer, dehydration and (let's be honest now) deprivation.

Namaste- why thank you. His name his Jake, he is eight years old, and he's very good at chess. Why, here's a very old picture of him with my older brother (NOT ME) playing a very close game.
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 12:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well its not to hard to figure out. I have stated a few times on here I went to the same school as Barerra.