Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2009 7:24am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pensacola MMA club

Pensacola MMA club was formed by me, for Law Enforcement Officers. Initially we just wanted to meet once a week to keep our skills up to par. We began training at the training building at the prison. This went on for about a year. Eventually, we moved into the garage of yours truly because I got a new job and didn't want to drive all the way to the prison any more. So we bought some mats and started training.

The instruction is done by who ever has the most experience in any certain area. We have blackblets in TKD, TSD, Yoshukai Karate, and LEO DT instructors. I personally taught groundfighting at the prison to the rapid response teams.

I gave aliveness a 10 because this is the one thing we believe in above all else. All techniques will be put through the pressure cooker and tested. We have all had MANY use of force experiences and are well versed in what works on the street and what doesn't. You can spar with no equipment, or bring what you want to use. We have gloves, head gear, and shin guards which is the most that we use.

I rated instruction as a 1 because eveyone can be an instructor or no one. We deffer to the one with the most experience.

We have had members compete at NAGA and the Alabama BJJ state championships. We brought home 5 medols from that. Two members won their divisions. No one is required to compete because we honestly don't give a ****.

Eventually as we have been training, which is now about 4 years, some people left and got new jobs. Word spread a little bit, and now there are people who train that are purely civilians. We have limited space, so if you are not serious, don't waste our time. Send me an e-mail if you want to train, spar, or just test out some techniques.

I am starting to integrate some stick fighting into practice but that is a new project. So I can not really rate weapons. But I would love to learn, if anyone wants to come by.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/02/2009 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds fun. very dog brothers-ish of you.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2009 9:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take that as a very high compliment. So thank you! Feel free to come by if you are ever in the area!

Posted On:
    5/02/2009 12:03pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I plan on dropping in this week.

Posted On:
    7/18/2009 12:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kick boxing & jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been training here with Diesel for about 5 years now. I'll add more later.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2010 9:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All bets are off. Kickboxing beats forms in my opinion!
    Last edited by Diesel_tke; 8/01/2010 9:42pm at .
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 6:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kick boxing & jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mma club is back in service.......we are rolling thursday 4-1-10.....not an april fools joke..........no kung fu!!!!!...its on......ya"ll come on by

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2010 7:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come one come all!
    Last edited by Diesel_tke; 8/01/2010 9:43pm at .
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 11:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wanted to add to this thread because someone e-mailed me about what we are currently doing and if we are still training. The answer is: yes, we are still training. Same stuff, only the addition of stickfighting.

We have moved from my garage only, to the park accross the streat from my house. We are doing stickfighting there. The instructor has about 20 years of martial arts experience with lots of knife and stick experience. He has trained all over the place, and with tons of people of different styles. He is a former USMC helo pilot.

So, once again the way we train stick is the way we train everything else. Aliveness!! Head gear, gloves, knee pads are regularly worn. Otherwise we focus a lot of foot work, angles, distance, and strikes. Stick grapling is done, as well as empty hands, and normal rolling.

Oh, on Sundays at 3. PM me or e-mail me if you want to come out and I'll give you directions.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 10:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Just wanted to add to this thread because someone e-mailed me about what we are currently doing and if we are still training. The answer is: yes, we are still training. Same stuff, only the addition of stickfighting.

We have moved from my garage only, to the park accross the streat from my house. We are doing stickfighting there. The instructor has about 20 years of martial arts experience with lots of knife and stick experience. He has trained all over the place, and with tons of people of different styles. He is a former USMC helo pilot.

So, once again the way we train stick is the way we train everything else. Aliveness!! Head gear, gloves, knee pads are regularly worn. Otherwise we focus a lot of foot work, angles, distance, and strikes. Stick grapling is done, as well as empty hands, and normal rolling.

Oh, on Sundays at 3. PM me or e-mail me if you want to come out and I'll give you directions.
    What days do you guys train?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast