Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2008 12:01pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    Hello Errant108,

I must stand corrected, indeed I messed up the ITF and WTF, it's 10 years ago that I stopped with TKD, but the fact is that the both federations nowadays only promote olympic TKD, so the ITF did a kneefall to the WTF what didn't do TKD any good.
    And the problem with TKD is that there for so far i know there are no different schools/styles like in karate (kyokushin/shotokan/wado...) witch would be a benefit.
    If you have been out of TKD for 10 years then perhaps you are working on old knowledge. ITF, whichever one of the groups you are invested in, have not been participating in the olympics. They are still seperate from the other groups. The only one who has shown interest in making an agreement with the WTF is the North Korean ITF group.

TKD is a blanket term now much like karate is. There are distinct styles and organizations. Different sparring rules are present, as well as different training ideologies. Whether this is good for TKD is up to one's own opinion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2008 9:03am

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Alnwick, I am on my phone & cannot mod threads. It will be moved later. You have my permission to blow me;)
    AWWW thank you but you didnt call me back last time so you aint gettin any now.:icon_cry:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2008 6:34pm

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those ITF bastards and their Olympic ways. They really piss me off with their v-neck uniforms and their constant arse-kissing to the Kukkiwon. Someone should do somethig about it. I mean I could be wrong, hell I haven't even done TKD in 10 years, but it pisses me off so much that I'm going that I'm going to start a brand new thread about it anyway...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12