Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 2:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavo View Post
    ..//..Which basicly was to find out if I am police officer at all and if and what kind of crap I do teach.
    I have no interest in your occupation Slavo and I don't doubt that you are who you say you are, that's not an issue for me at all.

I'm just interested in what makes ESDS apparently effective for what it's used for.

Can you point me in the direction of some really good examples of training videos? Ideally on-line.

Thank you
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 3:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Swedish Bullshido

I do believe what makes participants pleased what we are doing is the way of our training.

I will put a few clips from our training on the webb and will let you know.

I will try to get a few with different topics. Still those will be taken out of the content.
    It will probably take a few days. Also I do use dropbox.com which allows me to send bigger files.
    So if it would be ok contact me of forum. info@esds.se

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 3:36pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slavo, many thanks for the effort of putting a few videos online however, with respect I'd rather keep the discussion here rather than between emails however; I also respect the fact that you might not rather continue discussing this on a public forum, that is of course your choice.

I would like to think that if ESDS is what you say it is then there shouldn't be a problem in keeping the discussion public and allowing a wider audience to judge for themselves what ESDS is. Of course there will always be those who will take what you post or present out of context however there are those of here who are very willing to have a reasonable discussion.

This particular forum is moderated quite strongly so we shouldn't see members being stupid.

Thank you.

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 3:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a matter if interest, are the videos in these posts :

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Swedish Bullshido

and

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Swedish Bullshido

... representative of what ESDS is about ?

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 4:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Swedish Bullshido

I do not have problems with that and will try to put a few public links with the videos.
    That was just an option for downloading the videos. But no problem I will try it another way.
    Regarding the material there are no secrets on those videos and those who are on them have nothing against it.

The mentioned videos are take from our training. That part covered the topic of how sensitive the human body is to different kind of blows.

So basicly during a few hours participants are hitting different parts of the body. Hitting in different ways. mostly using open hand.

We film that to find out the body reactions etc...

The first link including 3 videos shows participants testing how an open hand hit to the inside of the arm will affect the body. How it feels, how the body bends, etc ... If they are not doing it with enough of power they have to do it again.

The second video shows Patrick Macclusky. KM instructor from Ireland. He is testing his power hitting me to the inside of the leg.
    The third video includes his brother being hit to the neck.
    Of course it has to be taken into consideration that the participant is purely standing and waiting for the blow.

From time to time just to increase the stress we do ask people to close their eyes. Also not mentioning what part of the body we will hit. So we will have a moment of surprise.

We also started to measure the heart rate during such a test. We are not using a full power during those tests.

Those videos are not fakes. people involved in our courses are just asked to hit the training partner to a specific body areas.

Of course because of obvious reasons we are not hitting te throat.

on esdsworld on youtube you will find a few videos. One of those is with comments made by Patrick.

However as mentioned this is just a small part of our training.

There is a brief explanation about that on youtube site But people are not reading it. they just watch the video and make a comment.

The knowlegde how the body reacts to different kind of blows is take into consideration during another part of the training which is scenario based training.

Later different kind of scenario based exercises are done with different level of aggression.

Usually we are not doing any kind of sparring while teaching self defence.
    However we do include from time to time almost full contact option for the participants involved in exercises.

The last link with the people marketing a company of Serrator has nothing to do with me or ESDS.

I know the guy but he is not representing anything of what I do teach or represent.
    I was in touch with him and asked him not to mention my name and ESDS regarding what he is teaching.

We do have enough for me people atending different courses but unfortunately not all of them are able to properly explain what we are doing.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 4:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slavo, I've read you say "scenario based training" at least a couple of times and I wondered if you'd care to explain what you actually mean by that?

By "scenario" do you mean a set situation of role play where students are expected to handle a situation in a particular way or, do you mean in the methods of attack through which your students demonstrate and practice their techniques ? Like paired Kata for instance.

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2011 4:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Swedish Bullshido

Scenario based exercises as included in our training is some kind of role playing.
    It will be a specific situation with f.ex. 1 attacker, 2 witnesses. Sitting on the pub.
    Defending against attack. What kind - the defender will find out.

Usually we do cooperate with local pub / disco and we do run a course at their place.
    Of course we do have rules for those.

Also it could be a " house of horror " when participants are going through few scenarios depending on what part of the building / training facility they are.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/19/2011 4:47am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are your students allowed to train/practice with their partners actively resisting against the techniques being applied ?

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    1/19/2011 5:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UC stuff looks 'Interesting' they are based near where my folks live, so maybe i may pay them a visit in the future.

Just a thought though, are we now using BJJ and MMA as a benchmark
    against which all other arts, systems, skills are measured? I have respect for those arts, and i am a big UFC fan. However, MMA in particular is a skill set evolved for a particular arena isnt it. In that arena you have a cage, referee, time limit, and of course a set of rules. Not saying some of the skills are not transferable, as of course they are. But it is not primarily SD or SP related is it?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/19/2011 8:46am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobhope View Post
    ..//.. are we now using BJJ and MMA as a benchmark
    against which all other arts, systems, skills are measured?
    That's not where I've coming from but I'm sure others might share an opinion.

My interest is in how something is pressure tested to the point where it's proven to work against someone who fully resists.

Systems like BJJ, Judo and MMA to name just three (MMA is a sport not a martial art) are proven to work in situations just like that, I'm not suggesting they are complete systems but, as foundation, each works within it's own speciality, there's no doubt of that, because it's proven. The same cannot be said of many other system which exist whilst claiming otherwise.

~Ella Wheeler
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast