12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 3:26pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSProtection View Post
    [blah blah testimonial blah blah blah]

ESDS is a very simple selfdefense system made in first hand for police and security personel. It has not much to do with Martial arts allthough some ideas come from martial arts. The main thing is that it has to be easy to learn, effective and that a policeman or security guard etc are supposed to don´t get sentenced in a court if used it in the job.
    I hope you realise that bullshit peddlers of all stripes come here all the time and say things exactly like that. Even if you are different, you haven’t provided any reason for us to believe it.

For you who might be interested in ESDS you could check out

http://www.youtube.com/ipdtaworld

http://www.youtube.com/esdsworld

http://www.ipdta.com/index.html
    …Um.

YouTube- Forearm inside

YouTube- Hit to the inside of the leg

YouTube- Take down

…What?
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 3:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those videos are supposed to illustrate what ESDS self defense represents ?

REALLY ?

DS Protection, how many real full-on fights have you used those sorts of techniques on ?

How many real full-on fights have you been in ?

Are you REALLY expecting anyone here to take what you're saying seriously, following those videos ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 4:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Selfdefense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    I hope you realise that bullshit peddlers of all stripes come here all the time and say things exactly like that. Even if you are different, you haven’t provided any reason for us to believe it.

…Um.

…What?
    Well Petter! I have nothing to prove, and you don´t prove anything either by posting those videos.

As I said before, it´s better to come and try training instead of sitting behind a computer and think a lots of stuff.

Best regards/Daniel

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 4:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Petter! I have nothing to prove, and you don´t prove anything either by posting those videos.
    If those videos—which, I will point out, come from the links you provided—are indeed representative of what the ‘system’ has to offer, then I beg to differ: We have all the evidence we need to dismiss it.

As I said before, it´s better to come and try training instead of sitting behind a computer and think a lots of stuff.
    Life is short. Even if I lived anywhere near Stockholm (which I do not, nor ever have, being from Östergötland), I can’t imagine that what I saw in those videos would make it anywhere on my priority list, unless below the heading “Watch qua sketch comedy”.

But then I think my life is better spent watching That Mitchell and Webb Look, which is funnier and showcases higher martial expertise.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 4:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    Those videos are supposed to illustrate what ESDS self defense represents ?

REALLY ?

DS Protection, how many real full-on fights have you used those sorts of techniques on ?

How many real full-on fights have you been in ?

Are you REALLY expecting anyone here to take what you're saying seriously, following those videos ?
    Hello!
    No those videos don´t represent what ESDS is all about. I have never said that have I? These videos are on some people trying how it feels to hit on different areas of the body.

But I tell you what, I have actually used the hit on the arm a couple of times when people have grabbed me at work, and when some people have tried to take my baton. And guess what! It did work for what it was supposed to work for. The people released me and the baton. Also the tecniques of this system is tested by police officers and security people in Sweden, Poland, UK, Russia etc every day.

The last videoclip could actually work as a takedown for a police or securityguard. Not always, but sometimes. No tecnique works on all people but I guess you already know that.

About how many fights I have been in! Well, I have never claimed to have been in X numbers of fights, and I´m not going to either. But I tell you what. I have had my share. As I said I work as a bouncer for example, and we do not stand and roll our thumbs all night.

No, I didn´t believe that everybody would take this seruíous, since there are to many people judging by what they see on internet and on videoclips instead of going to a training and try things out before they speak.

Since you´re a moderator I´m a bit dissapointed about the low tone in your answer. I thought this was a serious forum, that actually wanted to find the serious instructors etc. out there, and therefor I answered in this thread in a really humble way about a system I know about.

But I guess that this forum is like most other martial arts forums on the net. Full of people who instead of trying different martial arts and selfdefense systems choose to sit behind the computer writing **** about everything they don´t know about. Who thinks that things aren´t serious if the instructor doesn´t have black belts, have won a lot of mma fights, cage fight etc.

Since when can you judge a system by looking at some videoclips? In that case you could also learn a complete system by watching videos or what?

Best regards/Daniel

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 4:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If those videos—which, I will point out, come from the links you provided—are indeed representative of what the ‘system’ has to offer, then I beg to differ: We have all the evidence we need to dismiss it.

Life is short. Even if I lived anywhere near Stockholm (which I do not, nor ever have, being from Östergötland), I can’t imagine that what I saw in those videos would make it anywhere on my priority list, unless below the heading “Watch qua sketch comedy”.

But then I think my life is better spent watching That Mitchell and Webb Look, which is funnier and showcases higher martial expertise.
    As I wrote in the post before this, you can´t really judge a system by some videoclips can you? As I also wrote there I have actually used these tecniques when working. These are not the only tecniques trained at or being used in the system.

Yes, life is short, and it could be shorter if you not train selfdefense. I have traveled all over Sweden training. But I understand if you can´t tear yourself away from your computer to come try training.

Yeah, I believe your life will be better of in front of the TV.
    At least it will hurt less then selfdefense training.

Have a great day.
    Best regards/Daniel

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have actually used these tecniques when working.
    Would you like me to explain why this assertion is unconvincing, or do you know but choose to post it anyway?

I have traveled all over Sweden training. But I understand if you can´t tear yourself away from your computer to come try training.
    If you had the situational awareness and perception skills to read the HTML page in front of you, you might notice that I’m not actually in Sweden.

Of course, I do train martial arts. But I chose to train primarily in a martial art for which there does exist evidence of usefulness. You can even find some of it in videos.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heres some more ESDS clips. Not showing it all but showing a bit more than the three clips Petter posted.
    And again, you can´t judge a system by watching videoclips only.

YouTube- ESDS Samoobrona ćwiczenia sytuacyjne

http://www.youtube.com/user/ipdtawor.../9/D8vxwgs8inM

YouTube- ESDS Samoobrona

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:15pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to give you a hand and give you a couple ideas to slow down the ****-talking.

You presented some videos that look like drunk guys hitting each other at a party. Don't do that anymore. Show us some continuous sparring or a typical training session.

Give some verifiable names of LEOs who have used this system and ways to contact these individuals. Alternatively, they could register here and present their credentials for verification.

Keep in mind: It is not our job to prove or disprove your claims. That responsibility is placed solely on your shoulders because you are representing ESDS to us. From what you've presented, it is hard to believe such tactics would be used by law enforcement or in a self-defense situation.

It is now your job to prove to the contrary.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you like me to explain why this assertion is unconvincing, or do you know but choose to post it anyway?

If you had the situational awareness and perception skills to read the HTML page in front of you, you might notice that I’m not actually in Sweden.

Of course, I do train martial arts. But I chose to train primarily in a martial art for which there does exist evidence of usefulness. You can even find some of it in videos.
    Well, I actually don´t give a damn what you think or believe. Everybody has it´s truth. Glad you have found yours. As I have stated if you bothered to read my first post properly, this is not a martial art. Its selfdefense. You like many other martial artists have a tendency to believe that a martial art automatically works as selfdefense. There do exist evidence of it´s usefulness. It´s used everyday, and as I also stated before, it´s mostly for police and security personal. Systems made for police and security personal tends to look a little different then a martial art.

It´s just sad that some people think they are so good and know so much that they have to talk **** about systems they know **** about or only have seen a couple of videoclips from. Instead of trying. If you have tried it and don´t like it, then you could talk **** about it.

Best regards/Daniel
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast