Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 7:29am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dagon
    Sad thing that it's hosted on a taido-site. Yeah, taido is mostly acrobatics and gymnastics, but acrobatics and gymnastics is perfectly legitimate forms of training.
    Not to mention it looks like great fun. Kinda like capoeira but with more aerial manouvers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 7:34am

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does that differ from other kinds of Joesondo?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 7:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually i know the dutch taido teacher.

one time he went to sweden to take a weekend seminar in escrima and after one weekend training he got a certificate and teaches it himself...:-(

those guys are probably from the same federation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 1:42pm

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dagon
    How does that differ from other kinds of Joesondo?
    Swedish Joesondo doesn't have groundfighting because there are no rules on the street.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 4:22pm

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    European taido is wrought with bullshido and japanese taido is fixated on acrobatics. Both paths are saddening.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 4:49pm

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyForum
    Swedish Joesondo doesn't have groundfighting because there are no rules on the street.
    Seems logical an insane way.
    Quote Originally Posted by saku39
    European taido is wrought with bullshido and japanese taido is fixated on acrobatics. Both paths are saddening.
    DO NOT WANT! (Any more examples of european taido bullshido and how about american taido?)

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 5:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The dutch guy told me taido was also about the aspects of fighting in the air...
    Im always trying not to laugh in his face because he's a nice guy.
    But he's hardly athletic, a bit fat and last year fucked up his kneecap making a frontkick against a bag...
    Last thing i heared he's been doing classes at the local uni.

oh well...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 10:35am

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    The dutch guy told me taido was also about the aspects of fighting in the air...
    Im always trying not to laugh in his face because he's a nice guy.
    But he's hardly athletic, a bit fat and last year fucked up his kneecap making a frontkick against a bag...
    Last thing i heared he's been doing classes at the local uni.

oh well...
    ^^^^that is exactly what I'm talking about. Talking theoretical bullshit and not being able to do the most basic of techniques. European Taido, ugh.

Posted On:
    3/06/2008 12:38pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adnan22
    Nice find friend. Even worse he has developed his own martial art based on what he learned from these "masters" using "TEH SCIENCE!!" and "DIM MAK" to help a normal nobody survive on the streets. I will translate his site, when i find the time........but basically what it comes down to is that his martial arts style is based on "The bodys natural defense-reactions".

He has a "dojo" in sweden, where he teaches this deadly scientific art. Maybe he learned SAFTA from master John Hess :-)
    Looks like BullSwedo to me.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Selfdefense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

About ESDS!

This is an old thread, I know. But I found it and have to write a little about ESDS.

ESDS or itīs founder isnīt at all bullshido. ESDS has nothing to do with Joesondo or Taido. The only connection with Taido is that the Swedish representant for Taido is an instructor in ESDS.

The founder of ESDS is born in Poland, but are now a Swedish police officer and have been in many years. He is also an instructor for the Swedish Police School. Teaching Swedish police students selfdefense, police tactics and much more. There are ESDS instructors in several countries. For example UK, Sweden and Poland. Most instructors work as police officers or with different types of security jobs. In Poland ESDS is really big.

The founder of ESDS has never claimed to have a lot of high dan grades or anything like that. He is totally hounest with his records compared to many other people. He has trained for Erle and for James Mcneil. James has been in Sweden many times, and I met him in Poland last year at the IPDTA:s yearly training camp.

ESDS is a very simple selfdefense system made in first hand for police and security personel. It has not much to do with Martial arts allthough some ideas come from martial arts. The main thing is that it has to be easy to learn, effective and that a policeman or security guard etc are supposed to donīt get sentenced in a court if used it in the job.

The founder of ESDS and IPDTA havenīt been marketing the system much at all. The people interested in it will find it anyway and try it out.
    Itīs a really good system trained by numerous policemen and security people. Itīs completely serious and itīs sad to find that some of you call it bullshido without trying it out first.

The founder or any of the other instructors never claims to be any martial arts masters with tons of high dan grades. But many of them is working in security business or as police officers and meet violence and threats every day. No one never claims that ESDS is a martial art. Itīs pure selfdefense. Not about some fancy moves.

I suggest that all the swedes, or anyone willing to travel to Sweden to try this system out, contact any of the instructors of the system and come train with us. After that you can say that this is bullshido if you want to.

How do I know all this? Well, Iīm an ESDS instructor myself. I also work with security in Sweden. I have worked on several nightclubs as a bouncer or in swedish, Ordningsvakt. I have worked in malls, the subway, football matches, festivals, concerts etc. I have been in the security business for over 10 years.
    I have also been training different martial arts since 1986.
    Do I have any high grades? No I donīt. Have never cared for getting high grades and have mostly been training kick and thaiboxing because I like fullcontact training and itīs fun.
    Do I think Iīm a master? No way. I have a thing or two to teach, but also alot to learn. Most of what I have to teach comes from real life experiense from my work. I will keep on learning all my life.

I usually donīt write on martial arts forums about ESDS, but thought this thread is so missjudging.

Another great thing is that the founder doesnīt do this to make money. The courses are really cheap to attend. Cheaper than most martial arts schools I have trained in. He does it because he loves it, and heīs a great guy.

For you who might be interested in ESDS you could check out

http://www.youtube.com/ipdtaworld

http://www.youtube.com/esdsworld

http://www.ipdta.com/index.html

Take care
    Best regards/Daniel from Sweden
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast