Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:15pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Omega, what the ****, man? That's nuts, dude. Why don't you wear one? Vasectomies too expensive?

I never leave home without my cup. Hell motherfucking no. I even wear that **** to church.

Cup and mouthpiece, forever.
    i remember you nutshoted me without my cup....

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:17pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    I think being young and being able to recover quicky adds to the non-chalance as far as protective equipment goes. After awhile all those shots start to add up. I'm so busted up at 43 I'd go in there like Iron Man if I could. Omega, I destroyed one of my nuts last year (non MA related), wear a cup dammit.
    You people have no sense of humor. I thought the ironic sarcastic "I don't wear a cup because I'm a kung-fu master" would've gotten at least a lol.

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, went right over my head. I'm glad you're protecting the boys though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:30pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    Mouth guards also help to protect against concussion......or atleast Ive been told they do, am I correct?
    I don't know if research bears it out, but Shock Doctor claims they do that, plus a few other things :headbang::

Mouthguards

Shock Doctor is the unchallenged leader in mouthguard technology.BRAIN CONCUSSION: Shock Doctor’s patented multi-layer construction featuring integrated Kraton® jaw pads absorb shock to help protect against concussions.
    TMJ DISORDER: Shock Doctor’s patented design features help protect the TM Joint from dislocation and related injuries.
    ORAL LACERATIONS: Gel Fit liners surrounded by exoskeletal shock frame ensure retention and comfort while protecting against internal oral lacerations.
    TOOTH INJURIES: Patented multi-layer, semi-rigid shock transfer core construction absorbs and deflects damaging impacts.
    JAW FRACTURE: Integrated Kraton jaw pads and lateral stabilizers help protect against side and bottom jaw impacts.

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:31pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    You people have no sense of humor. I thought the ironic sarcastic "I don't wear a cup because I'm a kung-fu master" would've gotten at least a lol.
    It got a l, but not quite a lol. I think your students probably laugh more at your jokes in person, because of... well, fear, actually...

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2. Head gear-does not protect you from getting KTFO. It prevents cuts and reduces head trauma. Even if you're going light you should have your own unless you like to have ringworm on your face.
    Gay.

8. Headgear with face cage, for ground and pound practice.
    GAY. Fucking GAY. Are you gonna take it in the ring with you?

9. A pair of thai pads
    10. A pair of focus mitts. And learn how to use them.
    11. A proper kickshield; and learn how to use it.
    Why should a student have this stuff? I mean, it's cool to have, but unnecessary.

12. Chest protector; like the TKD style so can practice going to the body without hurting you partner so much.
    GAYGAYGAYGAY

I see these guys on the throw-down clips pummeling each other with no headgear or mouth pieces, etc, and think, WTF? You would never see that at any pro gym
    BJ Penn disagrees.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:45pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great thread. I have encountered some people who are so "hardcore" that they don't wear equipment, even gloves. Consequently, they get injured and don't spar much.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 7:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, KB, CMA, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wraps are debatable although I have my guys wear them. Duct tape and athletic tape are a good thing but not neccessary.
    I hear what you are saying. I don't make people wear wraps all the time either, because it gets in the way of internal/circuit training. But more important I tell beginners "don't hit the heavy bags hard." I have seen some trainers allow people with poor bio-mechanics hurt themselves and develop "flat foot habit."

Tape is most versatile piece of gear you can use - from tucking always laces/velco to prevent cuts to strapping an arm to a body to training one arm combos.
    I could built a house on tape....I just wouldn't want to spent $500,000 on tape alone...:drunken_s

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 7:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *blank look...

Please tell my you just didn't answer your own arguement.
    Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, funny how a missing word changes the meaning and so forth.

What I mean to say is this:

Headgear covers the forehead and part of the cheeks. These are harder parts of the head. The parts that cause concussions when struck are the chin and nose area. Headgear doesn't protect these spots well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget your bottled water.
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast