Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    I'm not exactly The Question's biggest fan, but I do think he has a point. The rashguard I wear has protected me in the past from minor cuts, mostly from untrimmed finger and toenails.
    Oh I understand his point and the additional value of a rashguard, but I lean towards the facts that enough cuts, bruises and abrassions will occur all over that the probability of not getting it due to using a rashguard is very minimal (as Upa put it.).

In fact, one doesn't even need to have a cut to get staph. It can easily seep in on a hair follicle or a minor abrasion which can still occur with a rashguard. Thus, when we compare that with other forms of equipments (and sanitation products which are not mentioned in this thread), it really doesn't look as essential but a nice to have.

As I'm saying this, I'm looking at the scratches on my right forearm due to untrimmed nails with suspicion :(
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i always thought the three biggest arguments for a rashguard were:

1) it's easier to pivot when on your back (as long as it doesn't have some huge screen print on there)

2) when you're sweaty it doesn't get all wet and clingy

3) you can't catch a finger or toe in it and get caught up in it (more of a danger to your training partner, really.)

agreed that they are not needed but are nice to have.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    tell that to aoki and sirc.

but what is worse, being the guy wearing rainbow tights, or being the guy tapped out by gogoplata, from a guy wearing rainbow tights?

No contest

Being tapped by the guy wearing the tights is way worse

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like someone to come up with a Rashguard with realistic fake muscles and 6 pack on it.

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    I would like someone to come up with a Rashguard with realistic fake muscles and 6 pack on it.
    realistic fake muscles? :icon_scra
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    muscles painted on in a realistic manner....and ...... ah ... you KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Or you could, you know, stop being a fat ************.

Actually, it's pretty tough not to appear like a fat ************ while wearing a rashguard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question

Actually, it's pretty tough not to appear like a fat ************ while wearing a rashguard.

No my way is better

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    I'll try to make this simpler for everybody:
    Ugh....I like rashguards....I suggest wearing them....they are nice....they are not neccessary for training....
    You mean it isn't like those foo-foo restaurants where if you show up without a jacket and tie you have to wear the "house" ones?

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question

Specially if you are fat ************.