Page 3 of 3 First 123

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have noticed that now I can handle deadlifts..

before I started training less miserably 100 lb deadlifts would leave me aching in the lower back like a huge bitch

now I walk away from exceedingly heavier lifts with no failure AND I lift only intermittently..

that's just another anecdote on the efficiency of GTG (grease the groove) training.. which is what he (Pavel Tsatsouline) talks about in his Calisthenic book.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhauk87
    I feel domesticated and silly using dumbbells and anything else in the gym besides me deadlifting
    As a fan of Pavel, you should know that he would say that "This is between you and your therapist". Get over it and you'll progress even better.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    welp I feel that a MAist can have a complete fitness regime with only a kettlebell at any rate

also, as another anecdote (not to defend myself or anything) I picked up a dumbell to do 1 arm swings with and I just wasn't impressed with its dnamios compared to the KB
    Last edited by Bhauk87; 3/03/2008 7:55pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's true...but he can also have a complete fitness regime using only a barbell too. Or only a chin-up bar. But if you have access to more stuff, no point in limiting yourself just to prove a point.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Page 3 of 3 First 123