Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 3:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WHY THE F*&$*#K ARE YOU NOT DOING JUDO???

Ok, this is actually a continuation of a rant I posted in the Go-kan-ryu karate thread, where I just couldn't understand how some crap like Go-kan-ryu karate menages to charge 10$ a lesson and expand so much that they are now an international franchise, while US JUDO clubs for the most part struggle with about 10 students per class even though the HIGHLY QUALIFIED Sensai's are TEACHING 6 DAYS A WEEK FOR FREE!!!

Thats right, it is killing me that my Sensai spends countless hours without any financial reimbursement (not that he asks for it but he damn well DESERVES IT) and still has to suffer the indignity that sometimes only 4 students will show up while the worst cookie-cutter TKD MCDOJO right across the street is always packed with 30 people or so.

Now to give a little background, my Sensei is Godan (very high black belt) who trained in Japan's Kodokan, won many MAJOR competitions (almost Olympian) and honest to god I saw him tap out Cris Owen and Tony Dimino during a seminar, both legitament Gracie Barra Black Belts. Since I trained Judo like forever, I know that this is not an exception and I know that in most clubs I have been at 8-10 students showing up was a good day.

So now, my question is WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT DOING JUDO??? I mean it is DIRT CHEAP, (in my club rates are 30$-40$/month unlimited and we will even drive you to it if needed be, no testing fees etc.) effective (just watch Olympia, see where BJJ came from or google Kimura vs. Helio Gracie) and thought by the people who genuinely love the art/sport and have no hidden motives whatsoever but to impart their knowledge and further Judo.

So now if you are doing Muay Thai don't you think you could tightened up your grappling/ground game a little bit for practically FREE??? If you doing BJJ don't you think you can improve your takedowns and get a fresh look at newaza for, ooooo I don't know FREE??? If you are grossly out of shape and lack self-confidence wouldn't you want to lose weight AND gain the self-confidence from knowing you can effectively kick ass, again not for 180$, not 140$ not 120$ but practically FREE? If you want your kids to learn discipline and hard work while being in a safe environment surrounded by good guys volunteering their time instead of egomaniacs and tools , wouldn't you want to give Judo a try for FREE???

So again, I respectfully repeat my question, WHY THE F*$^$K ARE YOU NOT DOING JUDO, and why the F&&$K do we need to settle with 8-10 people max attending any one class??? (Although it is getting a little better now)

Thank for listening,
    Edin

PS. Before I forget, if you are doing Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Aikido, Wing Chun, Krotty, TKD or anything with DO at the end and you don't quit RIGHT AFTER READING THIS POST, because you put already so much time into it and don't want to lose your "progress", I will seriously volunteer to give you an ASS-KICKING you won't soon forget. Also, if you don't give your friendly Judo Dojo a try and you are paying more then 100$ for any of the above mentioned, I will even offer to give you the above mentioned ass-kicking FOR FREE!!!

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 3:55am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by some n00b
    PS. Before I forget, if you are doing Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Aikido, Wing Chun, Krotty, TKD or anything with DO at the end and you don't quit RIGHT AFTER READING THIS POST, because you put already so much time into it and don't want to lose your "progress", I will seriously volunteer to give you an ASS-KICKING you won't soon forget.
    :new_sleep

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 4:00am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo hurts, judo is humbling, the injury rate is high, and Judo requires a level of physical fitness.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 4:01am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny thing, my ex girlfriend's family asked me what their son (6 year old) should do. I told them to take him to Judo.

They took him to ATA. Funny enough, I broke up with her a little bit after that.

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 4:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone that posts in this thread must begin with a explanation as to why you don't do judo.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 4:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have asked myself this question a lot.

Mainly:
    Dojo etiquette requires the removal of shoes. I require my footwear to increase my mobility
    Judo forbids crossfaces, toeholds, full nelsons and all the other stuff I'm quite good at
    A blackbelt judoka told me single legging an opponent is ineffective (but I think he was just being egotistical)
    I beat up a judoka in a grudge match and we weighed exactly the same at the time (55kg. I now weigh about 88-90kg)

Lastly, there was a Japanese martial arts demonstration on the main stage in Brisbane square. Much later there was a European martial arts demonstration on that very same stage. The trick would be to get them to fight each other, like putting predatory insects in a jar and shaking vigourously.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 4:21am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    Judo hurts, judo is humbling, the injury rate is high.
    What a load of bollocks.

No-one EVER gets injured in Judo.

It's the gentle way.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because I have to wait until 2008 to see what my new work schedule is gonna be, and how I can fit judo around wrestling and gym.

but no other reason.

judo is undeniably badass

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So now, my question is WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT DOING JUDO??? I mean it is DIRT CHEAP, (in my club rates are 30$-40$/month unlimited and we will even drive you to it if needed be, no testing fees etc.) effective (just watch Olympia, see where BJJ came from or google Kimura vs. Helio Gracie) and thought by the people who genuinely love the art/sport and have no hidden motives whatsoever but to impart their knowledge and further Judo.
    This is an excellent point that should not be overlooked. ANY place that's in it for profit is kind of shitty, IMO.

However, while it pains me to say this, it fucking pisses me off that I can't wear wrestling boots to Judo (at the closest club), it's bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 4:22am

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo-ka gits to wrassle with giggly high school gurlz on a regular basis... problem is, me hate gigly high school gurlz.

GMW
Page 1 of 35 1 234511 ... LastLast