Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:08pm

Style: daat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Warrior Concepts International

http://www.warrior-concepts-online.com/

I came across this today, and just the name made me look a little closer. Warrior Concepts Int'l was founded by 10th degree black belt Jeffrey Miller. Having run a search, the only thing I found on Bullshido is something about a Ninja training camp a couple of years ago. He was also only a 9th degree at the time.

While he make statements about unrealistic dojo training, he also makes statements that makes it look like a "LT. X" type of advertisement, including how all technique must pass the "ultimate test", and the quote below.

"The program is designed to teach you everything you need for handling the most common situations quickly and easily. And... ... you'll learn more about basic self protection in just a few hours than most martial artists learn in years!"

There is also a "live in" program. For the low, low price of $15,000.00 a year, you can immerse yourself in the ninja traditions.

"The uchi-deshi program at Warrior Concepts International allows serious students to live and train "in-house" without all of the day-to-day issues that serve to distract the part-time student.
    Students train every day in the strategic, philosophical, spiritual, and... yes... physical aspects of our traditions. Training is done with both senior black belt teachers and with Miller Sensei."

So, does anyone know anything more about Shidoshi Jeffrey M. Miller, and Warrior Concepts International (362 Market Street, Sunbury, Pa. 17801)? Has this info already been posted, or am I beating a dead horse?

edit: added link.
    Last edited by IamBaytor; 2/27/2008 2:14pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 3:45pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But, if you really don't think that you'll ever be in danger of any kind - that you will never be the deliberate or randomly selected target of an attacker, criminal, or upset individual looking for an unprepared, unsuspecting victim, that you'll never have a need for self defense training then, by all means...

... leave this site and never look back.
    Thanks. I will.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And what will he teach you to defend? Oh, I almost forgot to add.

... 'random' attacks from teenagers trying to 'prove' themselves worthy enough to get into a gang...

... getting caught in a 'drive-by' shooting in a drug-infested neighborhood...

... domestic violence situations...

... the violent and often suicidal actions committed in schools and workplaces...

... and now, the added threat of global terrorists bringing their blood-thirsty violence to our shores.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 4:54pm

Style: CAR-AH-TAY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... and now, the added threat of global terrorists bringing their blood-thirsty violence to our shores.
    Ah so they teach the 767 Block and Escape With Kiai

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 4:56pm

Style: CAR-AH-TAY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido?
    Let's face it. If you're looking to learn effective self-defense tactics for surviving a real-world attack from some brutal assailant on Today's often violent streets, you don't need "Karate Kid"-type games designed for macho, testosterone-driven men who want to win trophies in a tournament or competition.
    Check!

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 5:03pm

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone notice that in the ninja demo, the kid threw probably the worst punch in the world. The sort of punch where the attacker already loses balance because he himself is an uncoordinated jackass. How do the other students miss this? Did they once not think to themselves, "Hmmm, before I start these seemingly deadly arts, maybe I should learn to throw a proper punch?" or "Hmmm, I wonder why shidoshi Miller wants us to use incorrect techniques within the demos? Surely, he being a 10th dan ninja, should be able to parry it with ease."

Why is it so hard for people to question such obvious faults within their "training?"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 6:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Yoshinkan Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found slightly creepy thing in the uchi-deshi program description. Of their three priorities as students the second is:

"Priority #2: To the upkeep and growth of the dojo. A healthy dojo depends on many friendly people."

Pay $15k to recruit for me?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 6:32pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robert Busey of Ninja fame used to run an organization in the early 90's called "Robert Busey's Warrior's International". I wonder if this "Warrior Concepts International" is an off-shot???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 4:12pm

Style: TKD, Arnis, Catch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not mean to commit thread necromancy, but I was directed to this because I am looking at this school. In this thread I see nothing that says this guy is bullshido other than his extravagent prices and a guy in the demo sucks. There are good students and there are bad students.

As for this:

"... 'random' attacks from teenagers trying to 'prove' themselves worthy enough to get into a gang...

... getting caught in a 'drive-by' shooting in a drug-infested neighborhood...

... domestic violence situations...

... the violent and often suicidal actions committed in schools and workplaces...

... and now, the added threat of global terrorists bringing their blood-thirsty violence to our shores. "

I have been to Sunbury (known in our area as "Scumbury") many times. Everything except the terroists is a very real daily threat in Scumbury. There have been murders and double murders there in recent months and years. This even prompted him to open free weekly self-defense classes to women (the most common victim here). If this guy did not know his stuff I think I would have heard something about it by now.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast