Posted On:
    2/27/2008 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: 8 step preying mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Hey all you fabulous

Except now I've been diagnosed with viral labryinthitis. Bad times.

Apparently, I have vertigo. Room spins. Balance is off. Spent most of Sunday wishing I could be sick, but couldn't. Exhausted 'cos I can't sleep properly. Can't eat. Can't drive. Hell, I can't cross a road safely because I can't turn my head without falling the fudge down.

So, this is the bit where I ask the audience if any of you mofos or mofettes have ever had this seemingly innocent yet utterly debilitating illness?

If so, any advice?

Oh, aikido ukemi for the win this weekend.
    I have been having the same problem I didn't think they had a name for it. Have ou been to the doctor? I haope it doesn't affect my TD participation this weekend.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 1:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sexually Transmitted, no doubt you dirty bugger.

Is this a virus which weakened your muscles causing it to tear or were you really coughing that violently?

Is any of this a side effect of dehyrdation or is it strictly your infection?

Have they check to make sure none of this is related to meningitis?

Have you lost any hearing?

I wonder if any of those accupressure anti-nausea bands would help.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    have you done any experiments to find what your "natural" rate and direction of spin are?
    Yes. However, the floor tends to arrest my progress before any definitive data can be charted.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    Sexually Transmitted, no doubt you dirty bugger.
    I caught it in Austrlia, and apprently it can be passed from men to sheep, so, you know... join the dots...

Is this a virus which weakened your muscles causing it to tear or were you really coughing that violently?
    Post-missing TD anger + lots of heavy weights at the YMCA + boxing + 23 hr flight + 5 hr drive home after landing = very rundown sochin with a possibly pulled muscle, which turned into a good old fashioned rip with the coughing of DOOM. I'm THAT gay.
    I mean, I hung around a YMCA in Australia looking for some action.

Is any of this a side effect of dehyrdation or is it strictly your infection?
    Viral infection. I'm very well hydrated.

Have they check to make sure none of this is related to meningitis?
    He did all the tests. Balance, eye movement. There's apparently a characteristic eye movement which is a dead giveaway. I did it. I'm so money.

Have you lost any hearing?
    Pardon? LOLZ. Nope. All's as it should be.

I wonder if any of those accupressure anti-nausea bands would help.
    I did actually try some accu-pressure massage, but I managed to pressure point knockout myself.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmantid
    I have been having the same problem I didn't think they had a name for it. Have ou been to the doctor? I haope it doesn't affect my TD participation this weekend.
    here's a few facts on what I have, to see if you have similar, or are just really, really drunk:
    Labyrinthitis is an inflammation of a structure in your inner ear called the labyrinth. You have a labyrinth in your inner ears, deep in the bone at the base of your skull. It contains the delicate structures that control your hearing and balance.
    Each labyrinth is a maze of inter-connected channels filled with fluid. These channels are at different angles. When your head moves, the rolling of the fluid tells your brain how far, how fast and in what direction your head is moving. This information allows your body to balance properly. Part of the labyrinth, called the cochlea, also sends information about sounds to your brain. This is how you hear.
    If the organs that control balance of your infected ear are inflamed, then the information they send to your brain will be different from the information sent from your unaffected ear and from your eyes. This difference can make you feel dizzy, or you may feel you are moving when you are still (vertigo). If the hearing portion of the labyrinth is inflamed then your hearing can be affected.
    Labyrinthitis is usually caused by a viral infection. Less commonly, it can be caused by a bacterial infection. It is usually a mild condition that passes within a few weeks, although some cases are more serious and can do permanent damage to your hearing and balance. Labyrinthitis can affect people of any age, but it is rare in children.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and more:
    The symptoms of labyrinthitis can include:
    • dizziness,
    • a feeling of spinning or moving when you are still (vertigo),
    • loss of balance, especially towards your affected side,
    • feeling sick,
    • vomiting,
    • headache,
    • uncontrollable flickering of your eyes (nystagmus),
    • changes in your hearing such as ringing in your ears (tinnitus), and
    • deafness.
    If your symptoms include dizziness or vertigo, initially these symptoms are likely to be constant, but after a few days you should only feel them when you move your head.
    The symptoms of labyrinthitis can come back once they have gone. This means that you should be careful about driving, working at heights, or operating heavy machinery for at least 1 week from the time your symptoms end.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here's a few facts on what I have, to see if you have similar, or are just really, really drunk:
    Thanks that about sums it up in a nut shell. Did you recieve any medications for this?

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmantid
    Thanks that about sums it up in a nut shell. Did you recieve any medications for this?
    Yep.
    Betahistamine dihydrochloride (I think). It's a vestibular suppressant. Which means it suppresses the symptoms. The body fights the virus the normal way like it would a cold.

You should get checked up in case you have the bacterial version. That can be treated with anti-biotics and it's a much quicker recovery. However, the bacterial version is more likely to leave lasting complications (loss of balance, hearing, tinnitus. Galloping cock-rot. Ok. Joking about the cock-rot).

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep.
    Betahistamine dihydrochloride (I think). It's a vestibular suppressant. Which means it suppresses the symptoms. The body fights the virus the normal way like it would a cold.

You should get checked up in case you have the bacterial version. That can be treated with anti-biotics and it's a much quicker recovery. However, the bacterial version is more likely to leave lasting complications (loss of balance, hearing, tinnitus. Galloping cock-rot. Ok. Joking about the cock-rot).
    Thank God I damn near **** myself when you said "cock-rot).

Weak

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 5:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sochin, so sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%.

Did the doctor say how long it would take for the virus to be cleared up with medication?

I hope all the fuckers making fun of Sochin get a severe case of viral labryinthitis.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast