Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 9:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "It is a crash diet that cannot be maintained."

Not true. I just lost 55 pounds and I am very confident of maintaining it. Granted it is probably not the diet for most of the people on this board (younger and different matobilisms) but at least for me it has been very helpful. Also, my cholesterol went down. It is not really a crash diet, more a change in philosphy. Check there web site. Again. I can only go by my personal experience, and I have been working with my doctor.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 10:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did Atkins for three months. If you do not follow the rules it is bad for your body. You must drink at least a gallon of water a day, take in one gram of protein for every pound of body weight and don't take in more than 40g of carbs. Your carbs are going to be fiber based so you can continue to go to the bathroom. I went and got fiber from the health food store. I would put it into milk and drink it down, I also ate a few pieces of lettuce, dry. Pretty much everything I ate had cheeze on it. I trained rigorously. I took 2 or 3 ripped fuel capsules a day, and before workout I took herbafuel or DMG. It can be done.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 10:16am

Style: Chu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure it can be done. But can you see yourself drinking fiber, taking pills and eating dry lettuce and cheese for the next 15 years?

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 2:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way I was told is after your down to the desired wait you start to bring back carbs. Preferrably good carbs (vegetables and fruits) until you start to gain and then back off and thats were you stay. No pills or stuff like that. But also staying away from processed carbs (white sugar etc.) Thats what I talked about with my doctor. Yeah you drink a lot of water, but aren't you supposed to do that anyway? Granted its not the diet for people younger with still quit active matabolisms but ....

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 3:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just hadda guy ask me about this at work. Just started atkins, and according to him his workouts have not changed, yet he lost significant strength. His reps fell by half in his bench press.

On the other hand, I also dealt with an older guy who lost 30 pounds with it.

The first guy was younger, had been training already, and was performance oriented.

The older guy just wanted to "lose weight". He did. He probably could have skipped the exercise altogether, since I see him work out and he just goes through the motions like 99% of people.

A truly obese man I know tried it...failed to work at all.

My sister started atkins too. Haven't seen much improvement yet.

However, the people I see who DO lose significant weight AND keep it off are those who join weight watchers, or simply account for calories on their own. Both basically boil down to portion control.

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 3:11pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, Atkins diet is the most healthiest way to eat!! I've lost 80 pounds doing Atkins. Most folks have no idea what their talking about when it comes to low carb. Low carb is NOT no carbs. The good Doctor Atkins says to eat 3 cups of vege's a day and 8 to 10oz portions of protein at each meal. By the way, if you go off ANY diet you will gain weight back - duh!! As far as training goes; I did 4 days a week in the gym and 3 days a week in the dojo the whole time I've been doing low carb. No problem for me. The whole "you need carbs if you're an athlete," is a falsehood!

Atkins diet means: vegetables, salads, meats, cheese, and eggs. What's so wrong with that??

I happen to know a lot about low-carbing, so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 3:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since eliminating carbs after 5 pm, I feel much better in the evening, never full or bloted.

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 3:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "since eliminating carbs after 5 pm, I feel much better in the evening, never full or bloted."

More then the weight loss thats what I have found too. I feel MUCH better then before. If I do eat "junk" or more carbs then I should, boy do I feel it!!!!

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 3:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I happen to know a lot about low-carbing, so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them."

Lets really make them flame...Does it help increase your Chi flow!!!!

Posted On:
    11/14/2003 3:38pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, i now realize my fingers have the power to execute CHI bolts!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast