Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/23/2008 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do not **** about with weird suppliments at this stage of training. Try and eat more natural food, especially meat, fish, nuts and eggs.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/23/2008 7:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Been eating a lot of "natural stuff", at first it worked great, i gained like 10 pounds in a month and a half, but i cant seem to gain more weight, and im stuck at 122 pounds since like 2 months, wich is still kinda skinny/underweight.

Greetings from Chile.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/23/2008 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignitH
    Btw it's not an "after-class" problem el macho, its in the class itself, i don't get sore/or tired after doing mt, its just that sometimes i can't keep up with the class itself.
    Doesn't matter. Adding additional conditioning on top of your current training may not necessarily help you. Part of training is knowing how to 'taper' (scale down) from time to time.

If this problem you experience in class occurs only once in a blue moon, then that's normal. But if it occurs often, the I can almost guarantee you need to scale down the frequency of training for some time. The human body needs to rest to recover and get better. Unless you have been doing this for years and have reached the top of your physical abilities, scaling down is something you will have to do from time to time. Whether this happens as part of a plan or due to other circumstances (forced by sickness, injury or exhaustion), that's up to you.

*** just read the bodybuilding part and supplements ***

What Cullion said.

First, ignitH, how old are you? If you are under 22, expect to have a hard time gaining weight. it is not that uncommon among men under 21-22 to have a hard time putting on weight.

Second, I'm sure your dad has the best intentions, but you are not a bodybuilder, nor you are training to be one.

You can't put on weight if you do 3-4 muay thai classes, 2.5 hours each every week. No amount of supplements will do that. This will be even more true if you do additional cardiovascular/anaerobic conditioning.

If you want to gain weight, you will have to stop training MA that much and instead lift weights and eat, both in a manner conductive for gaining size.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    2/23/2008 7:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Re-Thinking the idea of taking weight gainers, i realize that u guys are right, i can't expect to gain weight if im exercising practically 5 days a week and im still very young (16, im turning 17 in a couple of months). So im sticking with the natural stuff :P

To El Macho: I have been thinking that i maybe need to learn how to "save" energy when sparring/thai pad working, as i start all-out the first minutes and i run out of gas in the last part.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys. Really Appreciate it.
    Muchas Gracias!
    Last edited by ignitH; 2/23/2008 7:44pm at .

Posted On:
    2/23/2008 7:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is possible to gain weight doing practically any amount of training of any type if you can get enough food down you and sleep enough. Calories in > calories out always eventually results in weight gain with a big enough differential and enough time.

Look at the amount of cardio Fedor does. He has no problem keeping his weight up, despite not lifting any more. He just eats shitloads of whatever he is in the mood for. Massive appetite. Don't gorge yourself so you feel sick.

Keep it natural and wholesome, don't go nuts and cram down junk food. Good steaks, eggs, fish, nuts, chicken etc.. Eating this way is more expensive but I've got some ideas about how you can keep the cost manageable (I'm trying to at the moment, see the paleo diet thread).
    Last edited by Cullion; 2/23/2008 7:55pm at .

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/23/2008 7:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignitH
    To El Macho: I have been thinking that i maybe need to learn how to "save" energy when sparring/thai pad working, as i start all-out the first minutes and i run out of gas in the last part.
    Just a question of technique through experience mixed with gradually improving fitness all coming together.

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2008 10:29pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These guys are right on. Eat, rest.
    You may want to try some of the crossfit workouts to increase your anaerobic stamina.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2008 3:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai shotokan, kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    eat a banana great for flexibility and energy, swim, practice kicks for ten minutes straight then rest and do it again for another ten, you have to get your legs use to the lactic acid which wears them down
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12