Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, was this list a joke?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2008 5:46pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kind of off topic, but I'm really curious about the toenail polish thing. There are a few people in my gym who wear either black or pink toenail polish, but the guy I talked to didn't seem to know why he was doing it. Is there actually some practical reason for it, or is it just some bizarre fighter-fashion phenomenon?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 12:34am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    Kind of off topic, but I'm really curious about the toenail polish thing. There are a few people in my gym who wear either black or pink toenail polish, but the guy I talked to didn't seem to know why he was doing it. Is there actually some practical reason for it, or is it just some bizarre fighter-fashion phenomenon?
    It's all just a part of the fad. Just like how all these aspiring MMA fighters now suddenly have mohawks. It's not that they are native american, into punk rock, or even just doing their own thing; they saw a few MMA dudes with them, now every TUF kid and their mother has one.

If you talk to some MMA guys, they might tell you that they paint their toenails so they are stronger and don't break when they kick (I have actually heard this). However, I have yet to ever hear of a fighter who has had persistant problems with their toenails blowing apart during combat.

In conclusion, people that match up a little bit too well with some of the points on the list are dumbasses. Especially those who have no idea why they do said things.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234