Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 7:59am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fingerormoon - yeah...it does suck. I did exactly what you said, I changed where I get my cardio from. I use elliptical trainers (Precor is the best!) and exersize bikes for my cardio, and am just careful about what I do when I train ma. I have to admit that my favorite aspect changed from grappling/groundwork to standup a few years ago...so it has been particularly hard.

Colin - Thanks for the link. The stuff written there is exactly what the physical therapists said and tried! I did toe taps similar to the link you sent, strapped bungee cords to my feet and a pole and did them that way, did an exersize like squats, but instead of bending at the knees, I lifed my body weight up by lifting my toes, I put my feet under a treadmill and leaned my weight back so that I was held up with only my shin muscles for sets of 1 minute, I did heel walking, and stretching of the calves, heel cord and shin muscle. I am glad to hear that you were able to get rid of yours. I think if I had treated mine this way when the injury was fresh, I may have been able to heal already. ;)

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 11:03am

Style: Chu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Physical rehab under a licensed proffesional until the splints go away.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123