Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 7:24pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you haven't noticed, khf, many have tried the ATA cirriculum, and have come to the conclusion that they are out for your money, and/or have low-quality training.

Remember, martial arts don't have to only be about fighting, but first and foremost, fighting/self-defense is what they were designed for. If you lose the fighting aspect in the martial arts, it's better off for you to put your kids in the boy/girl scouts.

A least they don't require you to spend a truck-load of money to come to meetings or go on camp-outs, but I see no good reason to spend hundreds of dollars a month on ATA training to make my kids better citizens and to teach them life lessons when I can do all that by myself, as a parent should.

Now I may not be a parent, but at least I can recognize that life lessons and what-not are a responsibility of the parent, not the TKD teacher.

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 7:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by khf
    See Karate Kid movie. Try a school. You may enjoy it
    On the .00000000000001% chance that the above isn't un peu de trollage--and the author one day becomes ashamed enough to try deleting it--here it is, indelible in its purity.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 10:08pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ATA is quality instruction for Adults and Kids. They make people better citizens while teaching life lessions and some self defense. It is also lots of fun.

The ATA is teaching kids to standup for themselves . They are not breeding fighters or Coba Kai's. See Karate Kid movie. Try a school. You may enjoy it
    You're an idiot.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 11:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent all his idiotic posts here if anybody's curious:

All my ATA posts have been banished to hell. - No BS Martial Arts

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 6:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for putting all of my posts in one place. In your attempt to try to make me look like an idiot (which is impossible since I an not an idiot) you are making me famous and keeping my ATA posts alive. Thanks Omega

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 7:02pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for putting all of my posts in one place. In your attempt to try to make me look like an idiot (which is impossible since I an not an idiot) you are making me famous and keeping my ATA posts alive. Thanks Omega
    Your posts were sent to an area of the forum where few like to go and won't even be picked up on a search engine. If you would like to post on this thread act your age and actually contribute.

I don't have to prove your an idiot you're doing quite well all by yourself.
    Last edited by Omega; 11/12/2008 7:05pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 1:11am

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (which is impossible since I an not an idiot)
    The lulz is strong in this one.

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 7:24am

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

To think it only took you two months to respond to Omega's post with such an overwhelmingly witty comment as this one, which clearly proves you are in no way an idiot.....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 11:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega. all you do is bash and insult me. I guess it makes you feel good. It doesn't bother me. Anyway I would like to contribute in a positive way. I have been in the ATA for 2 1/2 years. It has its good and bad. Is it good for exercise, fun, stress relief, a little sparing, confidence. Yes. is it good for self defense. Probably not. I think Krav maga is better. I know Omega you think ATA's is watered down and you are probably correct to some degree. In reality I don't want to train in true Krav cause I don't feel like getting my head beat in all the time. But where I live there doesn't seem to be any Karate schools that teach true self defense. Martial arts seems very centralized and most of the schools around here are the same
    Last edited by khf; 11/13/2008 11:41pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 11:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega. all you do is bash and insult me. I guess it makes you feel good. It doesn't bother me. Anyway I would like to contribute in a positive way. I have been in the ATA for 2 1/2 years. It has its good and bad. Is it good for exercise, fun, stress relief, a little sparing, confidence. Yes. is it good for self defense. Probably not. I think Krav maga is better. I know Omega you think ATA's is watered down and you are probably correct to some degree. In reality I don't want to train in true Krav cause I don't feel like getting my head beat in all the time. But where I live there doesn't seem to be any Karate schools that teach true self defense. Martial arts seems very centralized and most of the schools around here are the same

No, it doesn't make me feel good. It's really annoying that I had to do all that to get you to finally post something unbiased and intelligent. If you enjoy the ATA all power to you but it is what it is. This crap about building character is a bullshit line I've seen from too many a Mcdojo.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast