Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 12:48am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I took a look at Balrog's profile, now I understand why the guys barking this bark. Too late to fix the delusion that he's been living all these years. Go back to teaching the kiddies Balrog. Megathrowdown is supposed to be in Dallas if you want to meet me face to face but I don't think you'd like me in person.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 2:58pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    Well I took a look at Balrog's profile, now I understand why the guys barking this bark. Too late to fix the delusion that he's been living all these years. Go back to teaching the kiddies Balrog. Megathrowdown is supposed to be in Dallas if you want to meet me face to face but I don't think you'd like me in person.
    You're probably right about that. You've already shown via the Internet that you are rude and arrogant, and that you think your style of martial arts and your way of thinking are the only true and correct way and that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

And of course the thought has never crossed your mind that someone else's opinion is just as valid or that (gasp) you might even be wrong.

This whole mess started out as a disagreement on whether to NC someone on a belt test because he screwed up a form. You didn't like my response, so you immediately started with the ad hominem attacks against me and by extension, the ATA. Amigo, if you learn nothing more for the rest of your life, learn this: ad hominem attacks are nothing more than an open admission that you can't refute what was said, so you sink to attacking the person who said it. In effect, you have proven that what I said was correct by your own actions.

Have a nice life. I know I will.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    You're probably right about that. You've already shown via the Internet that you are rude and arrogant, and that you think your style of martial arts and your way of thinking are the only true and correct way and that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong.
    Funny how that was how you started posting in this thread. Funny how that is what you told everyone that disagreed with you. Funny how this can be applied diretcly to you but, you don't see it at all.

And of course the thought has never crossed your mind that someone else's opinion is just as valid or that (gasp) you might even be wrong.
    Funny how every comment you asked was answered but, you have done nothing to refute his claim or bolster your opinion. Remember just because you say so doesn't mean you are right.

This whole mess started out as a disagreement on whether to NC someone on a belt test because he screwed up a form. You didn't like my response, so you immediately started with the ad hominem attacks against me and by extension, the ATA.
    Did you read the thread? I mean really? This whole thing started out as a thread about the ATA that didn't concern YOU.

Amigo, if you learn nothing more for the rest of your life, learn this: ad hominem attacks are nothing more than an open admission that you can't refute what was said, so you sink to attacking the person who said it. In effect, you have proven that what I said was correct by your own actions.

Funny how he refuted you at every turn so, this is a lie.

Funny how this is the second time you said goodbye. Is it going to be true this time?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:34pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This whole mess started out as a disagreement on whether to NC someone on a belt test because he screwed up a form. You didn't like my response, so you immediately started with the ad hominem attacks against me and by extension, the ATA. Amigo, if you learn nothing more for the rest of your life, learn this: ad hominem attacks are nothing more than an open admission that you can't refute what was said, so you sink to attacking the person who said it. In effect, you have proven that what I said was correct by your own actions.

Rude and arrogant? Who started with this?
    Spoken from ignorance.
    It was a very straightforward statement. I've heard a lot of people complain and whine about ATA. The vast majority of them are either folks who couldn't cut it in the ATA or people who know nothing more about ATA other than listening to the whiners and they simply repeat the whining. Yeah, there are some people with legitimate grievances, but I've heard a helluva lot more people praise ATA than complain about it.
    I didn't argue your point. What thread are you reading? I called you out because you were being a hypocritical fucktard. I made a statement that I've been to dozens of schools none have proven to me that the ATA has anything substantial to offer in ways of martial skill. I made an off hand example saying 1 good school and 10 bad schools is not a good example of an effective martial art system. Your counters are resembling that of the 6 year old argument "I know you are but what am I."

You say I say everybody's wrong except my opinion. Prove where my statements are incorrect and we can start from there.

Fact, I have been doing martial arts for over 32 years. You comment "more like 1 year 32 times". My feelings on that, I still out rank you, I've still been doing this longer than you, I've fought professionally and I've owned several schools. I didn't buy my blackbelts. You? You probably couldn't look in the mirror and truthfully say to yourself that you'd be able to handle yourself with the skills you learned in the ATA if a real altercation came your way.

Bottom line, I can prove everything I've said. You can't.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2010 10:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for supporting my point of view.

One of these days, you may learn that ad hominem attacks like this are an open admission that what was said or posted was accurate and correct; you can't refute what was said so you respond with a personal attack against whomever said it.

It's also a sterling example of rudeness and total lack of courtesy, both of which indicate defective areas in someone's training that need to be fixed, and it's just one more example of how far this site has degenerated into nothing but a name-calling. dick-waving troll hangout.

That's how he rolls. He's an asshole.

A lot of members here hide behind the "this is Bullshido; we speak frankly" shield to justify being dicks. It's bullshit.

For the record, FROM WHAT LITTLE I KNOW about the ATA it's kind of a joke. The sparring rules are definitely a joke. I train ITF and, while it's not full contact and I'd like to have leg kicks and knees to the body allowed, I find it's kind of like kickboxing and I like it. That light contact stop-point **** is for pussies.

BUT WITH THAT SAID I can understand that 1) some teachers may be genuinely legit and teaching their schools correctly, 2) not everyone is looking for a hard-core martial art and may enjoy the lighter stuff along with the musical XMA demonstrations, and 3) your opinion and point of view deserves to be respected.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2010 10:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Speaking of shitslinging,

Where's your proof that doing a dance performance in front of some judges has any bearing on a person's ability to perform in combat?

Because really, I'm sure the USMC would be interested in replacing their live-fire drills with episodes of Dancing with the Stars.
    Like Omega, you also are a pretty big fucking dick. You just run your mouth and give no thoughtful consideration to what anyone says.

First off, forms are not a dance competition. I don't necessarily think they're overly useful, but they can be kind of fun and they give you a chance to do your techniques in a more interesting way than doing your round kick 1000 times in a row. So why hate?

Second, I think it's an interesting point about responding under pressure. Can you refute it? No. If you lose your mental focus because you have to get up in front of a group of people and do a martial arts form--or do some public speaking, to put it in a different context--who's to say you won't have the same difficulty when someone jumps out of an alley at you?

It's a thoughtful point, even if not necessarily correct (which none of us can prove). So be a man and learn some manners.
    Last edited by shadow_priest_x; 6/11/2010 11:27pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2010 11:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    There's no such thing as a block.
    My turn to be a dick:

You're a moron.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 12:03am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_priest_x View Post

and 3) your opinion and point of view deserves to be respected.
    And, here you're wrong. Respect is earned.

Opinions are like assholes. You know the rest.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 12:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    And, here you're wrong. Respect is earned.

Opinions are like assholes. You know the rest.
    Everyone works from their own experience.

Maybe I'll put it this way: The opinion itself may not deserve respect (i.e. the world is flat), but the person voicing the opinion does.

If the thought is given in a sincere manner, listen and respond appropriately. Too many people around here feel like it's some sort of moral duty to be an asshole. I don't understand it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 12:41am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_priest_x View Post
    Everyone works from their own experience.
    I'm listening to you, but my own experience is that ATA dan rank standards and time for promotion are far below the norm for TKD and the martial arts in general.

Maybe I'll put it this way: The opinion itself may not deserve respect (i.e. the world is flat), but the person voicing the opinion does.
    In my opinion, rank in the ATA is on par with Boy Scout merit badges. Now, by your thinking, my opinion does not necessarily merit respect, but I do? OK, I'm playing a bit here, but the idea stands.

If the thought is given in a sincere manner, listen and respond appropriately. Too many people around here feel like it's some sort of moral duty to be an asshole. I don't understand it.
    Many of us here are assholes. With nearly 100k people on a site, you'll find your fair share here (raises hand).

Promoting people under such loose standards, granting them instructor status and the subsequent next crop, makes the ATA in general one of the bottom dwellers of the TMA pool. With this progression, the ATA has declined in most cases. Sure, there are probably some good schools out there, but they are surely the exception to the rule.

For the most part, the ATA is respected by it's members and the families thereof. You'll find little respect for the organization as a whole from people who have given blood, sweat, tears and years to earn what the ATA gives after the check has cleared.