226197 Bullies, 4034 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 276
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,407

    Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:08pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    It was a very straightforward statement. I've heard a lot of people complain and whine about ATA. The vast majority of them are either folks who couldn't cut it in the ATA or people who know nothing more about ATA other than listening to the whiners and they simply repeat the whining. Yeah, there are some people with legitimate grievances, but I've heard a helluva lot more people praise ATA than complain about it.
    Vast majority couldn't cut it in the ATA, hence they're all a bunch of whiners?

    Asking you again Balrog.

    (1) Have you any experience in the martial arts outside of the ATA?

    (2) Not a few seminars, but any other place you trained long enough to earn rank?

    Not trying to be an ass on this thread, but you're presuming the people who put down the ATA have not seen the promotional standards and time in grade required for rank advancement as less than the norm for almost any other organization.

    Look at the brackets for the state championships, nationals and worlds. Where else on earth other than the ATA is there a bracket for 2nd and 3rd degree black belts - ages 1 - 7?

    http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/TourIndx.asp
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,988

    Posted On:
    5/21/2010 1:02pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    It was a very straightforward statement. I've heard a lot of people complain and whine about ATA. The vast majority of them are either folks who couldn't cut it in the ATA or people who know nothing more about ATA other than listening to the whiners and they simply repeat the whining. Yeah, there are some people with legitimate grievances, but I've heard a helluva lot more people praise ATA than complain about it.

    Is it perfect? By no means. I've disagreed mightily with some of the decisions made by the powers that be. In the long run, I've ignored most of them within my school and I concentrate on teaching quality martial arts, with a firm grounding in basics and self-defense. In the long run, that's all any of us can do.
    This is proof positive that ATA causes retardation.
  3. Balrog is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:14pm


     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    This is proof positive that ATA causes retardation.
    Thank you for supporting my point of view.

    One of these days, you may learn that ad hominem attacks like this are an open admission that what was said or posted was accurate and correct; you can't refute what was said so you respond with a personal attack against whomever said it.

    It's also a sterling example of rudeness and total lack of courtesy, both of which indicate defective areas in someone's training that need to be fixed, and it's just one more example of how far this site has degenerated into nothing but a name-calling. dick-waving troll hangout.
  4. Balrog is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:24pm


     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Vast majority couldn't cut it in the ATA, hence they're all a bunch of whiners?

    Asking you again Balrog.

    (1) Have you any experience in the martial arts outside of the ATA?

    (2) Not a few seminars, but any other place you trained long enough to earn rank?
    Yes. Before I started with ATA, I earned Brown Belt with the Jhoon Rhee Institute. I've also cross-trained in judo, but only for about six months and didn't earn rank past White Belt.
    Not trying to be an ass on this thread, but you're presuming the people who put down the ATA have not seen the promotional standards and time in grade required for rank advancement as less than the norm for almost any other organization.

    Look at the brackets for the state championships, nationals and worlds. Where else on earth other than the ATA is there a bracket for 2nd and 3rd degree black belts - ages 1 - 7?

    http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/TourIndx.asp
    Are you trying to say that ATA is the only organization that has awarded Black Belt rank to someone under the age of 8? Trust me, we're not.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-old.html

    https://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=171058


    Personally, I disagree with awarding Black Belt rank to children that age, based on the development rate of children, and I won't do it in my school. But I can't speak for other instructors.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,996

    Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:27pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a long response but, you are wrong on all accounts. Also, you are just as rude as anyone you are complaining about.
  6. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,988

    Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:30pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Thank you for supporting my point of view.

    One of these days, you may learn that ad hominem attacks like this are an open admission that what was said or posted was accurate and correct; you can't refute what was said so you respond with a personal attack against whomever said it.

    It's also a sterling example of rudeness and total lack of courtesy, both of which indicate defective areas in someone's training that need to be fixed, and it's just one more example of how far this site has degenerated into nothing but a name-calling. dick-waving troll hangout.
    No, I already refuted what you proclaimed. Your lack of mental acumen prevented you from being able to read correctly. I have visited over a dozen ATA schools. None of them have proven your point. So moron thanks for playing but you lose unless you can point out (let me do the math here) 120 exceptions to the rule.

    And if you want to address the issue of name calling, fucktard, who was the one proclaiming we were whiners? Want to argue the degree of rudeness? What about "Speaking out of ignorance" when my statement wasn't ignorant in any sense of the word. I have 32 years of training with several blackbelts including 2 different systems of TKD. Want to whip out your e dick an do some comparison?

    That's right, go sit in the corner and suck on that one.
    Last edited by Omega; 5/22/2010 4:35pm at .
  7. tkd panda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newcastle upon tyne
    Posts
    289

    Posted On:
    5/22/2010 8:11pm


     Style: taekwon-do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega winns!!!!! Flawless victory............fatality.
  8. babo78 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    987

    Posted On:
    5/22/2010 9:44pm


     Style: Yudo, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    Let me pose another question then. This question is not about you, your instructions, or your school specifically as individual sample of ATA. This question is to ATA as whole.

    If we go by your statement we can infer that people who remain in ATA that can cut it receive continuous quality martial arts instructions, gain martial arts basics, and gain martial arts experience/skills/techniques. If that is true, you should be able to provide us hard factual data that can support and prove your statements easily. Correct?

    So here is my question with underlying facts.

    Fact
    1. ATA is very large organization with global presence
    2. ATA memberships are in hundreds of thousands of members (over 300,000 according to ataonline.com)

    Question
    With large membership and global organization presence. How much presence does ATA have in testing ground of martial arts? In all levels as Hobbyist, Amateur, and Professional level. When I mean testing ground, I mean events such as MMA fights, hard contact tournaments, etc.
    Balrog. Could you please respond to this question.
  9. Balrog is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:15am


     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    Balrog. Could you please respond to this question.
    I haven't responded to it because your question is meaningless.
  10. Balrog is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:19am


     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I had a long response but, you are wrong on all accounts. Also, you are just as rude as anyone you are complaining about.
    Oh, I'm wrong....you have spoken and that decides all.

    My god, the level of arrogance you people have is incredible.
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.