Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    It was a very straightforward statement. I've heard a lot of people complain and whine about ATA. The vast majority of them are either folks who couldn't cut it in the ATA or people who know nothing more about ATA other than listening to the whiners and they simply repeat the whining. Yeah, there are some people with legitimate grievances, but I've heard a helluva lot more people praise ATA than complain about it.
    Vast majority couldn't cut it in the ATA, hence they're all a bunch of whiners?

Asking you again Balrog.

(1) Have you any experience in the martial arts outside of the ATA?

(2) Not a few seminars, but any other place you trained long enough to earn rank?

Not trying to be an ass on this thread, but you're presuming the people who put down the ATA have not seen the promotional standards and time in grade required for rank advancement as less than the norm for almost any other organization.

Look at the brackets for the state championships, nationals and worlds. Where else on earth other than the ATA is there a bracket for 2nd and 3rd degree black belts - ages 1 - 7?

http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/TourIndx.asp

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 1:02pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a very straightforward statement. I've heard a lot of people complain and whine about ATA. The vast majority of them are either folks who couldn't cut it in the ATA or people who know nothing more about ATA other than listening to the whiners and they simply repeat the whining. Yeah, there are some people with legitimate grievances, but I've heard a helluva lot more people praise ATA than complain about it.

Is it perfect? By no means. I've disagreed mightily with some of the decisions made by the powers that be. In the long run, I've ignored most of them within my school and I concentrate on teaching quality martial arts, with a firm grounding in basics and self-defense. In the long run, that's all any of us can do.
    This is proof positive that ATA causes retardation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:14pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    This is proof positive that ATA causes retardation.
    Thank you for supporting my point of view.

One of these days, you may learn that ad hominem attacks like this are an open admission that what was said or posted was accurate and correct; you can't refute what was said so you respond with a personal attack against whomever said it.

It's also a sterling example of rudeness and total lack of courtesy, both of which indicate defective areas in someone's training that need to be fixed, and it's just one more example of how far this site has degenerated into nothing but a name-calling. dick-waving troll hangout.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Vast majority couldn't cut it in the ATA, hence they're all a bunch of whiners?

Asking you again Balrog.

(1) Have you any experience in the martial arts outside of the ATA?

(2) Not a few seminars, but any other place you trained long enough to earn rank?
    Yes. Before I started with ATA, I earned Brown Belt with the Jhoon Rhee Institute. I've also cross-trained in judo, but only for about six months and didn't earn rank past White Belt.
    Not trying to be an ass on this thread, but you're presuming the people who put down the ATA have not seen the promotional standards and time in grade required for rank advancement as less than the norm for almost any other organization.

Look at the brackets for the state championships, nationals and worlds. Where else on earth other than the ATA is there a bracket for 2nd and 3rd degree black belts - ages 1 - 7?

http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/TourIndx.asp
    Are you trying to say that ATA is the only organization that has awarded Black Belt rank to someone under the age of 8? Trust me, we're not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-old.html

https://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=171058

Personally, I disagree with awarding Black Belt rank to children that age, based on the development rate of children, and I won't do it in my school. But I can't speak for other instructors.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a long response but, you are wrong on all accounts. Also, you are just as rude as anyone you are complaining about.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 4:30pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for supporting my point of view.

One of these days, you may learn that ad hominem attacks like this are an open admission that what was said or posted was accurate and correct; you can't refute what was said so you respond with a personal attack against whomever said it.

It's also a sterling example of rudeness and total lack of courtesy, both of which indicate defective areas in someone's training that need to be fixed, and it's just one more example of how far this site has degenerated into nothing but a name-calling. dick-waving troll hangout.
    No, I already refuted what you proclaimed. Your lack of mental acumen prevented you from being able to read correctly. I have visited over a dozen ATA schools. None of them have proven your point. So moron thanks for playing but you lose unless you can point out (let me do the math here) 120 exceptions to the rule.

And if you want to address the issue of name calling, fucktard, who was the one proclaiming we were whiners? Want to argue the degree of rudeness? What about "Speaking out of ignorance" when my statement wasn't ignorant in any sense of the word. I have 32 years of training with several blackbelts including 2 different systems of TKD. Want to whip out your e dick an do some comparison?

That's right, go sit in the corner and suck on that one.
    Last edited by Omega; 5/22/2010 4:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 8:11pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega winns!!!!! Flawless victory............fatality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 9:44pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    Let me pose another question then. This question is not about you, your instructions, or your school specifically as individual sample of ATA. This question is to ATA as whole.

If we go by your statement we can infer that people who remain in ATA that can cut it receive continuous quality martial arts instructions, gain martial arts basics, and gain martial arts experience/skills/techniques. If that is true, you should be able to provide us hard factual data that can support and prove your statements easily. Correct?

So here is my question with underlying facts.

Fact
    1. ATA is very large organization with global presence
    2. ATA memberships are in hundreds of thousands of members (over 300,000 according to ataonline.com)

Question
    With large membership and global organization presence. How much presence does ATA have in testing ground of martial arts? In all levels as Hobbyist, Amateur, and Professional level. When I mean testing ground, I mean events such as MMA fights, hard contact tournaments, etc.
    Balrog. Could you please respond to this question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78 View Post
    Balrog. Could you please respond to this question.
    I haven't responded to it because your question is meaningless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I had a long response but, you are wrong on all accounts. Also, you are just as rude as anyone you are complaining about.
    Oh, I'm wrong....you have spoken and that decides all.

My god, the level of arrogance you people have is incredible.
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast