Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 8:00am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im afraid to say alot of the larger organisations are the most corrupt- It becomes a money orientated venture rather than a repectable style. Just look at George Dillman its all about the money!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 8:04am

Style: Tiger Crane combination

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw that ad months ago. Didn't bother ringing them tho. Dont go down there unless ure signed on. They will probably use the NLP to convince you its a really good idea.

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 8:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NLP????? Sorry i`m new

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 8:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neuro Linquistic Programming is what some bastard sales men use to get you to do what ever they want. You can get books on it. Its what Derren Brown uses when gets someone to give him all their stuff. Run away! You can't just start out as an instructor. It's daft. And I doubt they got so big without having ways to convince people its a really good idea.

EDIT: I'm just supposing here. They could just all be really nice guys with an excellent training program.
    Last edited by Madgrenade; 2/21/2008 8:38am at .

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 8:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for that

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 9:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madgrenade
    Neuro Linquistic Programming is what some bastard sales men use to get you to do what ever they want. You can get books on it. Its what Derren Brown uses when gets someone to give him all their stuff. Run away! You can't just start out as an instructor.

You really need to read Derren Brown's book. NLP is mainly common-sense wrapped in bullshit, it's not what Brown "uses", he is just a clever guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 9:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see what you mean. New to this, you should film your interview and see how they overcome objections.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 9:18am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, yeah, film it without them knowing then post it here.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madgrenade
    Neuro Linquistic Programming is what some bastard sales men use to get you to do what ever they want. You can get books on it. Its what Derren Brown uses when gets someone to give him all their stuff. Run away! You can't just start out as an instructor. It's daft. And I doubt they got so big without having ways to convince people its a really good idea.

EDIT: I'm just supposing here. They could just all be really nice guys with an excellent training program.
    Derren brown is a fierce opponent on NLP. Because NLP is a huge bunch of rubbish.

Essentially its this:

Want to learn to learn to juggle?, dont practise! just think like a juggler.....

Psychology bullshido

edit -

yes film them! and send it to watchdog!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 7:14am

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GKR is, to the best of my knowledge based upon observation from the outside, a profit-driven pyramid-scheme that sells 'martial arts and self defence' rather than shares in oil companies or whatever.

If you're the sort of person who'd be willing to take a job as an insurance or double-glazing salesman despite a lack of real interest in those things, then there's no problem in taking the job I guess. If you go into it thinking it's about the martial arts and a great way to get to train and get paid for it, that's wholly different.

My experience is that some GKR schools do teach decent enough karate, albeit of the stamp-and-shout, punch-the-hell-out-of-that-air sort. Most are taught by low grades who are given a black-and-white belt to disguise their inexperience (sorry, I mean to denote their rank as instructors). You might perceive that as a bit deceptive.

This means that the karate part of the 'product' is substandard in many schools and the self-defence component... I don't believe it exists at all.

GKR send people round door-knocking and using fairly pressurised methods to sell what, given what I've just said above, could be seen as a deceptively promoted product. I'm not sure what Trading Standards would define as an adequate level of instruction but an orange belt running a class would surely fall short.

So, basically they're offering you a job as a salesman for a substandard product. If you're OK with that then fine. If not, well then....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12