I fail at t3h tr0llz

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 8:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hapkido er, I mean McDojo Training

I don't know about you guys but I know I have very unique instructors. Master Dorris will teach us all about Hapkido and how everything works. He likes to focus on perfection of our form and teach us the foundamentals about it. Not only does he focus on that but he puts a big emphisise (sorry about the spelling) on our break falling. That is very important to him.Then my other instructor will teach us our techniques but also how to reverse them and sometimes even some variations. Thanks to him I have learned numerous things that I shouldn't know yet. He likes to work us a lot with our "master fitness" program. You may laugh and snicker but that class isn't a joke. How long can you stand in Mabu? Do you even know what that is? But if you really want to push yourself to the limit it is the class to go to. it's also the Dojang to train in. at least one person ends up throwing up at the end of that class. and thats the tough guys too.

The gift that keeps on giving

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 9:08pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fascinating...

:jerkit2yf

I fail at t3h tr0llz

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 9:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah

you know it's a good night when somebodies dinner wants to visit them again

just hope it doesn't feel like staying on the carpet

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 9:18pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    I train in HKD and we do exercises too. I want to exercise to best everyone and get good. Master Sensei Sabunimum says that fitness is important. Throw up tastes nasty.
    I agree that it is fun to train hard, but if that's all you want to say, why the hell do you feel the need to share it with a forum full of people who think training hard is awesome. That's like going to a car-talk forum to announce that you have a car too, and you think it's really great.

Please put some actual content in your post. Why don't you start by explaining what kind of techniques you do?

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 10:03pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    I don't know about you guys but I know I have very unique instructors. Master Dorris will teach us all about Hapkido and how everything works. He likes to focus on perfection of our form and teach us the foundamentals about it. Not only does he focus on that but he puts a big emphisise (sorry about the spelling) on our break falling. That is very important to him.Then my other instructor will teach us our techniques but also how to reverse them and sometimes even some variations. Thanks to him I have learned numerous things that I shouldn't know yet. He likes to work us a lot with our "master fitness" program. You may laugh and snicker but that class isn't a joke. How long can you stand in Mabu? Do you even know what that is? But if you really want to push yourself to the limit it is the class to go to. it's also the Dojang to train in. at least one person ends up throwing up at the end of that class. and thats the tough guys too.
    You should have posted this in YMAS.:evil6:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 10:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Soo Bahk Do/Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_Ninja
    Hopefully you really don't think that it is unique for your instructor to teach you and to show you how things work. I would say that if you're with an instructor who DOESN'T teach you about your art and how things work....then you're probably in the minority (McDojangs notwishstanding).

I would be very curious to know where this Dojang is and who the Sabom Nim is. Since this is such a wonderful place, let's see a website or location please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_Ninja
    I train in HKD and we do exercises too. I want to exercise to best everyone and get good. Master Sensei Sabunimum says that fitness is important. Throw up tastes nasty.
    Does your instructor actually call himself Master Sensei Sabunimum?? I know that it isn't a good idea to correct your instructor...but that is kind of mixing three languages, someone may want to mention it before he says that to someone who has EVER trained before.

Also, just for future reference, Sa Bom Nim is the term you're looking for. Sabomnim works too.

I fail at t3h tr0llz

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 10:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay

let me see.....

first we'll start out with a lot of dynamic running. things like knee highs, kick backs, things like that. we'll continue to run some more but as we run we'll start to spin. we'll do this for a few minutes as fast as we can then run straight. then we do the same thing in the other direction. this helps to train the equl-libriam and stop you from getting dizzy.

then we'll move on to duck-walks and frog hops, things like that. sometimes if we're lucky we get to do what we know as the alligator crawl. it's like a wheel-barrow race but you do push-ups to move down the floor. after thats over we'll do actual push-ups but in a weird kind of fashion. we'll do one on one finger stand up and raise our arms. back down for two on two fingers. back up to raise our arms twice. back down for three and so on and so forth. then we'll do some really good abdomen excercises for a little while.

then we'll get up and go into Mabu for as long as we can. we sit canes on our legs to tell when someone screws up. even on the last count if one person screws up we start all over again.

then onto the roll falling and sommersaults. thats the part when everyone is ready to throw up.

but thats just a little bit of some of the things that we do. *sigh* now that that's done i'd like to say "i like to train real hard woo hoo"

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 10:19pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Case in point gentleman. Korean martial arts causes retardation.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 10:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dynamic running... as opposed to static running?

Also, your "hard work out" is barely a fucking warm up in most MMA/Boxing/anyseriousMA place. Go do a real martial art.

I fail at t3h tr0llz

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 10:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    of course i know the terms. and no. they have never called themselves that.

the website is www.ushapki.com

i'm not saying that it's totally unique that he teaches how it all works but thats what he mainly focuses on. not the power or anything like that but the suttlety in all of it. i guess i did go a little over board though in the beginning. heh, **** happens.

btw, the school i'm studying in is in Ypsilanti.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast