Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 1:45pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Art of War (MMA China) Match

I posted awhile ago about China's only legal MMA organization, Art of War. They've got some fights up on YouTube and the best ruleset I can find: Soccer kicks, 4-point attacks, stomps and elbows to the head are all legal. They also have 10 minute first rounds and best of all IMO, any fight that doesn't end in a submission or knockout is a draw. Encourages fighters to always try to end the fight, so you get more action.

Here's a good one from Art of War 8 between undefeated fighters Fransino Tirta (12-0-0, Indonesia) and Dai Shuang Hai (6-0-0, China). I'm seriously lovin' this organization.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hp6ylCZvBE

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIsm7j05qWA

Here's the youtube channel where you can find more AOW fights: http://www.youtube.com/user/artofwarfc.
    Last edited by G-Off; 2/20/2008 5:43pm at .

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 10:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another good one, much shorter. Ngoo Somthong (Thailand, 1-1-0) vs. He Peng (China, 5-0-1).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsEgqVIPVyc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 7:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sanda influence really shows. Fantastic. Great throws-and the action is great, good groundwork and brilliant striking, very intense. You can tell they really want a KO.

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 9:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Platts
    The sanda influence really shows. Fantastic. Great throws-and the action is great, good groundwork and brilliant striking, very intense. You can tell they really want a KO.
    That's what I find so interesting about it too, the Sanda influence is very clear and it makes for some great throws, and side kicks that you never see in MMA. It seems mostly to be Sanda, Muay Thai and some Judo players, so I'd like to see how a wrestler would do in AOW. Most of all I'd like to see a Shuai Jiao artist...I've never seen it applied in MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 5:03pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about Cung Le? Isn't he based in Shuai Jiao? He is 5-0 undefeated in MMA as far as I know. I havn't seen any of his MMA fights yet though, I can't seem to find them.

Posted On:
    2/25/2008 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    What about Cung Le? Isn't he based in Shuai Jiao? He is 5-0 undefeated in MMA as far as I know. I havn't seen any of his MMA fights yet though, I can't seem to find them.
    No, he's based in Sanda and collegiate-style wrestling. He is 5-0 in MMA, but good luck finding any of his fights, Elite XC takes them down super-quick. He's fighting Frank Shamrock March 29th though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 12:16pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, I went to this sports bar Ringers to see the Tank/Kimbo fight and the place had closed down like a week before the fight so I couldn't find a tv in time to see the damn fight. Found it online later though. Hopefully by the end of March I will find a decent place to watch the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 12:27pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you seeing that is particular to Sanda? The stand up stuff looks pretty typical and the throws I've seen done by practitioners of a number of different CMA styles. Do you consider Sanda a style, or a ruleset?

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think san da is a ruleset the same way "mma" is, so the ruleset has created a "style" if you will. Even though technically thats not correct, I feel for all practical purposes it is true. I really like the idea of a draw if no stoppage. REally really like it. Im gonna pay more attention to this. This will supply plenty of san da for mma arguement ammo as well.

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 1:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    I think san da is a ruleset the same way "mma" is, so the ruleset has created a "style" if you will.
    My thoughts exactly. Most prominently, you can see how judo-style throws are applied a lot more often here than in the US, maybe even more often in Japan. This is because Sanda fighters are used to doing spectacular throws (which they get more points for) not only without a gi, but with kickboxing gloves on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast