Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2008 12:11am

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** it, ill go. partyboy, whiteshark, or anyone else if you have a preferred day pm me. My preference is this Saturday, the 11 am class. There are no classes afterwards so maybe i can convince someone to spar.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    3/03/2008 9:26pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't made it in yet (I know, I failz) and I won't be here this weekend... we'll see how I feel tomorrow since I sucked so bad rolling tonight

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 8:56am

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dont think about it, just do it. March 8th. Make it happen. I need somene to hold the camera.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    3/04/2008 7:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no... no, no no no no

tell me this is one big joke you guys put on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziCaSEafYMs

GLASS IN YOUR BACK??

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 12:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshinryu, JKD, Taiji

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somebody please go there and film yourselves beating the living **** out of that guy!... or him pussing out.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 8:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I FINALLY stopped by the school.

Not really much to report on though... if I would have blinked I would have missed it, no big noticeable sign or anything on the exterior of the school.

I happend to see a BOB bag dressed in a gi in the window and that's how I figured out what store it was in. Size-wise it was your typical strip mall dojo: 15ft x 30ft mat area with two hanging heavy bags, a small room in the back and a huge pile of focus mits in the corner.

Unfortunately when I got there the main instructor guy was only training with 1 white belt. It mainly consisted of them doing compliant drills where they took turns throwing a lazy hook while the partner first struck the "pressure point" inside the elbow, grabbed the wrist of the punching hand, then used their free hand to hit another point on the neck with their forearm. They did that back and forth for about 10 minutes, pausing twice during the action to go consult a large pressure point poster on the wall as well as the instructor stopping numerous times to shake out his arms because they were "going numb".

One other technique that he showed that I had to inwardly keep from cringing on was the difference between a judo throw and "his" throw. He stated that in Judo (because it's a sport) you "kind-of" hurt someone if you do this throw (I think he was trying to do an ippon seionage, but my judo vocabulary sucks), but his way involved turning the wrist over of the person he was throwing so that he "broke" the arm supposedly when he threw the person. I just nodded and looked on apathetically. Oh, and he never actually threw the guy, saying that he didn't want to hurt him.

I DID get a chance to look at the school release form, though, and was greeted with more lulz. (I wish I had a copy, I'll try and snag one again if I go). But it stated on two separate occassions that the student's training could result in "injury, permanent disability, or death". Sure it's just him covering his ass but he definitely wrote it to emphasize that you could DIE at any point in the training. ...Oh, and he misspelled "martial arts" a few times.

About that time another student came in, a blue belt, but I didn't get to stick around to see what else went down because I was already late for BJJ class. I asked him when his largest classes usually were so that I could get a better feel for the school, but he said the class size rarely gets over 10 people.

One thing the guy has going for him, though, is that he's right next to this shool: http://www.trinitybody.com/ which was full of lots of hot girls doing kickboxing in the open air (the front of the school opens up a la Djimon's school in Never Back Down). I may go back just to check that place out. :smile:

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So ippon seionage from classical jujitsu is supposed to be some innovation you can only get at this retarded school?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    4/12/2008 11:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's not so much that you can only get it at the school... it's that the school teaches teh deadly form of it i guess

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 4:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ever seen this guy?
    Link: http://dragonsociety.com/extra_info_...php?pages_id=8
    The name describes it well.
    I am sad to say that I once paid money to spend the day "training the secrets of Kyusho Jutsu".
    He spent the day slamming unresisting new comers and failing to get the reaction he claimed it should produce.
    I had put the shameful experience behind me until I saw this thread - he used to be associated with Dillman (No mention of him at all on the website now though, royalties do build up...)

Posted On:
    4/13/2008 5:09am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    Ooh, I wanna be a Sound-nin!
    All you have to do is stick your head in a box of sound until you suffocate.

a judo throw and "his" throw
    HE BLASPHEMES! (Oh, it's "Judo" :P )

I wish I had a copy, I'll try and snag one again if I go
    Do it. I'll give you a varrot.
    Last edited by WorldWarCheese; 4/13/2008 5:16am at .
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast