Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 3:07pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    "Yes, I'd like a Dim Mac value meal please, with a Diet Pepsi. Can I supersize that...?"
    That comes with a side of "Lard-Ass©" and one fucked up eyebrow, is that ok? ~_-

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anything happen yet?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 11:46pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzt777
    So like, I have a question, from what art did this stuff come from originally?
    He says Ryukyu kempo, which would presumably be Okinawan karate.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 6:05pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so they've been totally screwing with the schedule online

I wanted to go in this past weekend to check out 'Combat Kumite' but then they took it off the menu... I may try to go in tonight to see what a regular 'Kyoshu & Jujitsu' class is like

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 6:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Anyone post this quote from the Sensei's Bio yet?

"If you train for sport, you will fight for sport and confine yourself by the rules of that. If you train for combative, you will be able to do what is needed in a real life situation to protect yourself and your loved ones without the confines of rules."

How do you train for an adjective?
    Shut up.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 6:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    You guys got to let me know if anyone goes over there! I got ya back!
    Dude, tape it and POST IT!!!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/29/2008 3:50pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm cross posting this from another forum. This guy and a couple of his students attended a Dillman seminar in GA about a year ago. What follows is a synopsis of what occurred at the seminar and his opinion of the whole thing.

"Myself and two of my students attended a George Dillman seminar in Atlanta GA. It was inexpensive , so we thought to ourselves, "we've heard the hype, lets go see for ourselves." Here is my assessment:

1. He never actually knocked out any member of the seminar. He did seem to have a knowledge of pressure points, but no more than I did.

2. He used me for demos because Im a big guy (6' 5", 250 lbs.),but always instructed me not to resist, or attack because "I may get hurt." Even with my compliance, he basically controlled me with joint manipulations, not pressure points.

3. The only knock out we saw was when a student of Dillmans', a blackbelt that was hosting the seminar knocked out one of his students. Once again the student was fully compliant.

4. Afterwards I approached the Instructor that performed the knockout and asked if he thought he could do it in a free sparring scenario, against a non compliant opponent. He said he could, so I volunteered to spar him there at his school. He declined my offer, because "this time is for Mr Dillman, not my school."

5. We basically wrote the experience off as a 60.00 dollar trip to Atlanta for a light workout. I did however re-contact that school and offer to come back with some students and train together with them, so they could see if their techniques would really hold up. Initially he said it was a good idea, but after 3 different phone tag sessions, he finally told me he thought we were too close minded to learn anything from them, and that they could learn nothing from us.

In conclusion George Dillman and anyone affiliated with him are jokes, in my opinion. They should be banned for the crap they sling. they may someday get someone killed. "
    Last edited by Ronin.74; 2/29/2008 9:18pm at . Reason: Change in timeline

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2008 10:16pm

Style: FMA, JJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that I guess sums it all up then.

I'm soooo glad I talked my friend from going to his seminar a few years back now. He woulda been outta 60 bucks plus gas from here to Atlanta, which is about 3 hours away.

You're right though, the stuff they offer is crap. You can't knock anyone out with pressure points or chi, atleast no I've ever seen do it has been successful.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2008 12:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshinryu, JKD, Taiji

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, this is my first post.
    I have quite a bit of experience in kyushojitsu. I started out in Isshinryu karate where my sensei claimed to know the "secret stuff" of karate and that was dim mak or kyusho. So I bought into it and for about 10 years trained in the pressure points hitting air and pretending to knock out people (because to actually hit a point might kill someone). I totally bought into it. Then in college, I found a student to teach and work out with and I decided , what the ****, Ill just start getting good at knocking people out. So we started actually hitting the points in the combinations I had learned....and guess what? Didn't fucking work. So, I thought that I would buy some video tapes to learn how to do it right, and found that the light to medium contact hits on these points did nothing but feel like a slight hit on the head. Then we started really knocking the **** out of each other hitting the points, and yea, it fealt like getting the **** knocked out of you and sometimes you had to sit down because it rang your bell and made you dizzy for a minute. But I emphasize that we really knocked the LIVING **** out of each other at the time. So moral of the story, is if you want to be a super ninja karate master with super secret techniques, then tell your students that it is too dangerous to actually test the techniques... or just knock the HOLY LIVING **** out of each other. That works too.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    3/01/2008 4:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^
    I approve of this message, and encourage everyone to knock the LIVING **** out of each other.

Also, kata + numerical value username FTW.

It's nice to know my fanbase has reached all the way to Lubbock, Texas.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast