Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 6:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: xtreme no gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My nursing teacher told me about how experienced doctors can massage peoples neck arteries and increased there blood pressure. that's the real life dim mak

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2009 7:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fake, would you please point me in the direction of the thread of which you spoke? I think it would be an interesting read. I have seen little material on pressure points other than Dillmans. I saw a clip on you tube in whic the guy claims that he is teaching pressure points but not Dillmans. I did not see him use points that I did not already know from Dillmans seminars. Also would you tell me about where you attained your pressure point knowledge? From your martial arts instructor? books? videos? I am always looking for new thoughts and would gladly read material other than dillmans. cccbock

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2009 12:38pm

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So a long time ago (6+ years ago) I lived in a town where Frazer taught his brand of Dillman martial arts. My sister was a student of his while I was taking a different martial art at the time. I would, however, visit his school every once in awhile. Even back then I thought it was all bullshit. I suppose I had hopes that it would be true, but knew deep down it was shenanigans.

When I went to some of his classes, I was always paired up with a black belt of his for practicing. His black belt had extraordinary difficulties performing pressure points on me. There was this one class that I went to where they were working feet pressure points for some reason. I was standing up while the black belt was laying on the ground next to me trying to find a pressure point on my feet. It wasn't working. So Frazer said something along the lines that my sister is nearly immune to leg-based pressure points so it would only stand to reason that I was, as well.

I'm trying to remember the way he was describing his DEM stuff. Or whatever it was. It was something like Psycho-Happy or Psycho-Sad. You used mixed emotions to focus your chi or whatever and no-touched the guy into oblivion. :P Of course, this always works on his students. He could have pointed his finger and said bang at one of them and they'd "Pass out". Mass-hypnosis.

Anyway, they did teach some legitimate jiu-jitsu ground fighting from time to time. I'm not sure how far in they went with it, but one of the classes I went to showed them doing an Americana correctly.

The town that this happened in, though, was Madison, IN. He taught at the local Boys and Girls club, I think.

- Isaac

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 6:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isaac, Madison Iniana eh? i am originaly from Seymour Indiana. Small world.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my...

The universe must have created some kind of rip in the fabric of time and space to send me spinning back into Bullshido from thousands of miles away.

Just a week ago or so a friend mentioned something on facebook about going to a Jiu Jitsu class and how much fun she was having practicing this brutal form of martial arts. Immediately I was intrigued. Knowing she was in Atlanta I figured it must be Alliance. Sadly no - she was going to another school. I asked who the instructor was and she sent me a link.

What would the odds of seeing that same link here on Bullshido? Keep in mind that I haven't logged on to Bullshido in over 6 months. I see this thread in forum topics and cringe just a little bit ... knowing ... just knowing that I was destined to see that same link or oozy pooh.

I did my part. I told her to check out the Alliance link and remarking about the world class athletes and training availible. It's a fine line to insult someones martial art, and encourage them to seek superior training elsewhere. Thankfully I had her list WHY she wanted to train - and self defense was toward the bottom of the list.

I am not really going to comment on the video here, the website, the style, or the sheer shenanigans of that school. It's all been said here. But you (me, everyone) forgets about perspective. If you don't know any better than you cannot see the flaws. It's like that person who swears up and down that their little town is the best thing in the world, and there is nothing better! But they have never been past the city limits - so they don't know what else is out there. They have to travel and see the world before they can REALLY make that statement.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 10:26am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9 View Post

I am not really going to comment on the video here, the website, the style, or the sheer shenanigans of that school. It's all been said here. But you (me, everyone) forgets about perspective. If you don't know any better than you cannot see the flaws. It's like that person who swears up and down that their little town is the best thing in the world, and there is nothing better! But they have never been past the city limits - so they don't know what else is out there. They have to travel and see the world before they can REALLY make that statement.
    Well there you go.

Posted On:
    8/21/2009 11:45am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dillman taught Mohammed Ali how to punch. Ali hit Liston on the L5 pressure point on the jaw and down he went...phantom punch is now revealed.

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 12:15am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Josh and I am the Atlanta instructor that some have been speaking of. I found bullshido a few years ago and at first, was intrigued. However, I found many of the complaints initially had very little or nothing to do with my school and there has been no need to address them. That said, this will be my first and last time posting here.

I will admit, there are some things posted online that make Kyusho Jitsu look questionable. I personally don’t get into things like no-touch-ko’s or standing ko’s so I will not address those. However what is not questionable is the utilization of pressure points in martial arts, that has been around for centuries; not to mention the use of pressure points in TCM; Traditional Chinese Medicine which dates back over 4 centuries.

If you’re unaware of its history in marital arts, I can recommend a book or two. One, notably, is Bushido, the standard by which this website is actually mocking. If you feel the need to question the origins of Ryukyu Kempo, I highly suggest several others, notably, Ryukyu Kempo or Karate-Do - My Way of life by Gichin Funakoshi.

Understand that Kyusho Jitsu is not an art by itself per say. It’s an application to add into your art. Think of it as ‘icing on the cake.’ If you’re going to be striking and/or grappling, might as well use the vital points on the body to make it easier and more effective. Pretty logical reasoning, yes? And what if you miss the point while striking? YOU HIT THE GUY ANYWAYS… AND KEEP GOING!

Most people that I find who think it is not effective are those who either know nothing about it, or do not know how to use them properly. Reading a book is only a partial step; you must find someone to train with that knows what they're doing.

Think of someone learning BJJ all out of books…you really think they’re going to be able to do the moves w/out proper instruction from a teacher? Plus, as a side note for those who still think it isn’t valid, understand that there are even competitions that recognize and do not allow the use of pressure points. For example: http://www.usabjjtournaments.com/Rules.aspx

I’m not interested in proving anything to anyone. If someone wants to learn to fight outside the rules of competition, I have an open door awaiting them. I enjoy training and teaching those who have a real desire to learn. All martial artists can learn from each other; no matter if your goal is self defense or sport. For the people on bullshido reading this that still think me, my school, my students, my art, and, of course, pressure points are questionable, I invite you to come to my school and see what we are all about.

Atlanta Kyusho and Jujitsu
    828 Ralph McGill Blvd., W6
    Atlanta, GA 30306

I have class almost every night at 7pm and Saturdays at 10am & 11am. I’m the bald, bearded, tattooed guy named Josh. Understand that this is NOT a challenge or instigating a fight. This is for those that are curious about what pressure points really are. Tell me you found this post and you want to see how they are used and I will be happy to demonstrate in a controlled, friendly atmosphere. You don’t have to tell me you’re interested in joining or hide your intentions; just that you’re curious and I will be happy to oblige. However, if you plan to come with negative intentions, it would be beneficial for you not to make the trip.

As I said, this will be my first and last post on this forum. I wish everyone luck in their training and furthering their own education in martial arts.

Josh Moree
    Atlanta Kyusho & Jujitsu

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 9:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jmoree, Bravo, well put. They will never show. When it became clear that I was willing to demonstrate only one fellow seemed interested in setting up a meeting , now even he is not saying anything. They don't want to really know. Most of them believe that they personaly are great martial artists and to admit that there may be a simple "over lay " system that could revolutionize their own is simply terrifying. So they ask us to do the near impossible; prove that pressure points work here in cyberspace. Cant do that so pressure point fighting is not valid. Very safe way to poo poo someone elses art. cccbock

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/23/2009 10:15am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cccbock1965 View Post
    jmoree, Bravo, well put. They will never show. When it became clear that I was willing to demonstrate only one fellow seemed interested in setting up a meeting , now even he is not saying anything. They don't want to really know. Most of them believe that they personaly are great martial artists and to admit that there may be a simple "over lay " system that could revolutionize their own is simply terrifying. So they ask us to do the near impossible; prove that pressure points work here in cyberspace. Cant do that so pressure point fighting is not valid. Very safe way to poo poo someone elses art. cccbock
    I've provided links to people, from this website, who have visited said schools.

There is enough video evidence out there of it not working.

Yet, since they didn't go to YOUR SCHOOL it discounts the other visits.

Ridiculous logic there buddy.

Seriously, you don't have "the real" as you already typed out your caveat earlier in the thread,.
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast