Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 5:44am

Style: Bicep Curls

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take "Inner Health Plus" 25 Billion Good bacteria per capsule, helped me alot. And supposedly equals 22 tubs of yogurt or something.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 8:07am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judah Maccabee
    Just to throw it out there, I drank 75g of protein from AnyWhey in two hours with about 48oz of fluid (brewed tea) on a totally empty stomach today and I had NO ill effects. It's a really fantastic, versatile protein. I've even baked it into brownies.
    Dude, you are a mutant with a four-chamber ruminant stomach!!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 9:37am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Dude, you are a mutant with a four-chamber ruminant stomach!!!!
    It's the protein, seriously. I'm honestly never gonna buy another kind of protein again cause I always got tired of flavors. This one ROCKS.

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 3:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First - this is my second post so I'm sure you guys are a lot more knowledgable.

However, I did take Hydroxy Cut Hardcore for a few weeks to help me drop weight fast and it gave me the runs.

So if the protein thing doesn't help than perhaps try that. And if I seem like I shouldnt have wandered out of noobtown then:

"I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the wrost. You're very good-looking. I'm not very attractive. "

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 4:16am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judah: Heating protein powder denatures the protein and renders it useless... Turning it into brownies was a good idea tho, if a little... half-baked?

It's just that the powder is alot more sensitive. There's really no argument against this, mate. Lots of research to back it up. See the Price-Pottenger Foundation for more info. They don't have anything relating specifically to protein powder tho.
    Last edited by Rooster; 2/27/2008 4:20am at .

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 9:28am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Judah: Heating protein powder denatures the protein and renders it useless... Turning it into brownies was a good idea tho, if a little... half-baked?

It's just that the powder is alot more sensitive. There's really no argument against this, mate. Lots of research to back it up. See the Price-Pottenger Foundation for more info. They don't have anything relating specifically to protein powder tho.
    Please post your information on how heating protein powder makes the AMINO ACIDS useless.

As I said, heating protein and denaturing it doesn't always mean it makes it less bioavailable. I already gave the example of eggs and how heating them can facilitate protein yield (Not to mention prevents stripping your body of biotin).

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^ What he said.

If heating actually renders amino acid useless, holy fucking ****! we gotta go Homo abilis again and start gnagging raw meat out of antelopes' carcasses or something.

Quote Originally Posted by APeterson
    First - this is my second post so I'm sure you guys are a lot more knowledgable.

However, I did take Hydroxy Cut Hardcore for a few weeks to help me drop weight fast and it gave me the runs.
    Hydroxycut Hardcore contains maltodrexin, so maybe you are somewhat sensitive to it.

So if the protein thing doesn't help than perhaps try that.
    Help with what? Protein and a fat-burner like hydroxycut are two completely different animals, for different purposes. This is like saying "dude, if your car is using fuel ineficiently, try running it with water."

And if I seem like I shouldnt have wandered out of noobtown then:

"I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the wrost. You're very good-looking. I'm not very attractive. "
    That is cool. We'll love to see sensible questions, even if you are horrendously fucking ugly. :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2008 6:36pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judah: Your questions about amino acids are out of left field for me and I can't answer them. There might be something on it from the Price-Pottenger Foundation.

Macho: That is what some people argue. There have been clinical studies in that area. Although I think the bacteria content would be too high for blood types other than O. The solution would be what they do with sushi (vinegar) or cold-smoking the meat and making it into old-fashioned jerky (which I plan to try some day). Other than that, I'm not sure what to say about the amino acids, my first thought was that they would be damaged too, but Judah claims they are not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2008 4:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought I'd give an update.

I cut back to a single scoop per day of the Body Fortress stuff - 1/2 before and 1/2 after workout. Turns out that my body could handle that no problem. I have now worked up to a full scoop twice a day. I guess my stomach just needed to get used to it.

Also, I started getting creative with it. If I mix a scoop with a cup and a half of skim milk, 1/4 cup of strawberries, blend for 30 seconds - its actually a pretty damn good shake. Swapping out the strawberries for a banana is also good.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123