Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 10:39am

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, that knee was a thing of beauty!

I have two quick comments though...

1) The Silva/Rodriguez fight was horrendous. Again proving that the heavyweight division is total ****. Go go WEC!

2) Kimbo vs Abbot was a freak show that never should have deserved the main event, much less all the hype. Slice (much like I feel about Lesnar) is basically a less skilled Mike Tyson... he breaks his opponents mentally and then unleases freakish strength. It will only be a little while until the MMA version of Holyfield comes along and lays down the blueprint of how to beat him by keeping your cool and exposing his very limited skill. Then hopefully he will drift away into obscurity... oh wait, I just described Tank Abbot from ten years ago. ****, that means in 2018 the UFC will bring an out of shape Kimbo back for some bullshit card.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 2:56pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you missed it (like I did) it's supposed to come on On Demand on 2/19.

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 6:10pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Yves Edwards just did the most awesome **** I have seen in a while. Jumping knee takedown defence. Did you see that ****? Did you fucking see that ****?
    Urijah Faber did that in a WEC fight I saw rerun recently, I think it was his title defense against Jeff Curran which originally aired 12/12/07 on Versus.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can see some of these fights here, for now. Later you'll have to search around this site a bit, but they'll be there.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just watched the whole thing. good to see that elitexc is keepin' it sleazy.

ugh. every time i watch a pro elite show, i get the very unpleasant sensation of being thankful for mike and joe, and zuffa's taste level(!).

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 3:10pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i just watched the whole thing. good to see that elitexc is keepin' it sleazy.

ugh. every time i watch a pro elite show, i get the very unpleasant sensation of being thankful for mike and joe, and zuffa's taste level(!).
    I agree, it reminds me of KotC circa 2004.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 11:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "He really likes to hurt people."

- Bas Rutten, on Kimbo Slice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2008 12:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hiken
    2) Kimbo vs Abbot was a freak show that never should have deserved the main event, much less all the hype. Slice (much like I feel about Lesnar) is basically a less skilled Mike Tyson... he breaks his opponents mentally and then unleases freakish strength. It will only be a little while until the MMA version of Holyfield comes along and lays down the blueprint of how to beat him by keeping your cool and exposing his very limited skill. Then hopefully he will drift away into obscurity... oh wait, I just described Tank Abbot from ten years ago. ****, that means in 2018 the UFC will bring an out of shape Kimbo back for some bullshit card.
    See, I don't think that's true. He's training with one of the best in the business, and unlike Tyson, he's not relying on Bas as a father figure like Tyson was on D'Amato, given that he's 34 and has young'uns of his own.

There's a lot of question marks about him, about his ground game, and about his gas tank, but I think it's safe to say that he's in the right place to make sure those questions have good answers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 9:41pm

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, i saw the Edwards fight and that was one sick knee strike.
    That is going to be a MMA highlight for a very long time.

:bully: :glasses6:

shadow weight

Posted On:
    2/27/2008 2:18am

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Called for the knee and loved when it landed however Edson Berto WAS standing in that position for no less than 8 seconds without advancing that single-leg....

Slightly unorthadox sure however it was the right thing to do despite the risk of ending up with Edson in guard.

I kinda feel that because you can't knee a downed opponent in typical MMA ruleset there is a lack of training around that area for many fighters.
    Now or never.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast