Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 4:14am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im going to miss this thread.

But I have made new friends allong the way , we have laughed , we have cryed with laughter and we have outright pissed in our pants.

Although the thread may conclude, the story continues!

Oh and whoever is buying the popcorn for the premiere of Floyds movie, please make sure its not that salty crap , I cant eat it if its not covered in toffee.

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 5:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    Im going to miss this thread.

But I have made new friends allong the way , we have laughed , we have cryed with laughter and we have outright pissed in our pants.

Although the thread may conclude, the story continues!

Oh and whoever is buying the popcorn for the premiere of Floyds movie, please make sure its not that salty crap , I cant eat it if its not covered in toffee.
    PM me contact info:
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 5:47am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Attention all thread participants

You can pm me a list of your contact info and I will coalate it maybe put it in the members only area of the site and give it to Floyd.

Floyd can tell all about the movie and progress on the film. If you send the info to me I will hold onto it in the meantime
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 7:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Write up for the acquier thread

Dsimon writes:

02-15-2008, 04:02 PM "Finished up in court it was a good day today."

When Floyd Webb posted that information to start "the Acquier" thread he probably had little reason to suspect exactly what would start... This thread took on a life of its own and became, not only a way to document the story of a man and his movie, but part of that story itself.

Floyd's desire to see a project through, documented in video, is also documented in this thread... in both there are moments of sadness and moments of triumph and a whole lot of humor.

Accordingly I will give background information and refer any one to public records in massachussetts for the decisions that have been put fourth in a court of law.

background information:

Count Juan Raphael Dante (born John Timothy Keehan in Chicago, Illinois, 4 February 1939, died 25 May 1975) was a martial arts student of Robert Triase. he was both mythological and diabolical. He was one of the first teachers to allow minorities to learn martial arts and he was allegedly part of major crime syndications of various sorts. Nobody had done a movie on this man.... Floyd Webb decided as an independent film maker to take up this task and hence we have the infamous...... "Acquier Thread."

Dante's chronology was split in two factions: on the one hand you had Dante's early time, and a considerable amount of the time he spent on earth, in Chicago. From this time were his family (he was raised in Chicago) and a major part of his martial arts history. Dante had been a student in Chicago and a teacher. Later in his life Dante went to Massachussetts and established a school and a following. Specifically this took place in Falls River Massachussetts with the considerable aid of the Acquier family and other individuals who will be discussed shortly. The singular event which split Dante's life was the dojo storming incident that saw a student & friend killed. The specifics of this event are best discussed in a history of Dante, not in this thread recap, but perhaps THE ONE THING all parties in Chicago and Falls River agree upon, is the hurt Keehan felt when this incident took place and the impact on his future.

After this incident Dante went on to develop schools in Massachussetts and do other endevours, not always legal enterprises, but was never really the same. It should be noted that Falls River and Chicago would characterize Dante's activities very differently. In Chicago it was generally understood that Dante the martial artist had suffered and that he was not at his peak when he left town. In Falls River it might be said that Dante concentrated at this point in his life with building his empire: a conglomeration of businesses, martial arts schools, the loyalty of his followers, and power based on dark evil energies.

With that brief recap of Dante's fate, it should be noted that the tone and tenure of this thread is such, because of alleged hostilites between a group of individuals in Falls River Massachussets and the connection of Dante to the martial arts community in Chicago. Dante dabbled in the dark arts, military matters, business matters and of course was perhaps the first to sponser full contact fighting to an audience... While in Chicago these accomplishments were considered the work of an intelligent martial artist with a knack for charisma, in falls river it was mythological, it was Dante the hub at the center of an amazing wheel of enterprises.... from drugs and women, to hair dressing!

Chronology: To detail the minutia of this thread would be a case of not seeing the forest while looking at the trees. I have chosen to chronicle the thread with distinct epoches for each section of the thread.

a) Webb the wandering film maker.

Floyd Webb decides to go to Falls River against the advice of Chris Pieschela. Chris is advising Floyd at the time. depending on who one speaks to this advise is substantial, or it is trivial. Floyd goes down and meets with Billy Acquier, John Creedon Junior and his father. A deal is worked out for film footage showing Dante... the deal sours. People are insulted. A good deal of the first part of the thread deals with threats, including legal threats and we are introduced to a few characters who will post regularly:

1) Floyd Webb. the film maker.

2) Billy Acquier. Billy is the son of William Acquier and the alleged head of the Acquier line of the Black Dragon's Dante fighting system. Billy decides that he wants a lot of money for Floyd to access Dante info, Floyd wants to see the materials first. No deal is made

3) John Creedon Junior. Creedon and his father have a copy of footage that is offered for sale. The deal is consumated but goes sour, chaos ensues.

4) Coach Barron. Coach Barron wanted to buy certain materials and aid the film and produce materials. He makes an arraingement with the Creedons and the deal goes sour.

The thread goes on and on at this juncture about this deal and the legal issues that will result, vis a vis legal threats. Along the way Falls River starts to declare war on chicago and to question the legitimacy of any other claim on Dante. Billy tries to reaffirm that he is the head of all the black dragons which starts our next major thread issue:

b) Will all the black dragons please rise?

At this point the issue becomes "who is entitled to the name of the Black Dragons?" We are introduced to the international Black Dragons and Van Stoeffal (spelling) We learn that Van Stoeffal has requested that Acquire speak about copyright issues and that he has been rebuffed. Enter...

Ashida Kim. Who is brought out as an example of using Dante's name inappropriately. Frank Dux also is mentioned in passing as the thread turns to Falls River claiming that all the other organizations that claim black dragon status are not the real Black Dragons and are only using Dante's exploits. This part of the thread will allow the students of certain Chicago luminaries to come into the thread. These individuals tend to be on the whole well spoken, pleasant and informative.... look for "Vern, MIke" and others of this ilk.

Finally we have Billy saying he is the survivor, and it has to be said that his credability to claim such is percieved as almost comical: this man looks out of condition, does not present any recent videos of practice, nor any students (more on that in a moment), and only wants to claim the name because of his father's affilitation to Dante. His claim is countered by an international organization full of practicing martial artists, with meetings & events held regularly.

We also learn that a good deal of Floyd Webb's work has involved speaking to these Black Dragons and that many of these individuals had a training relationship to Dante in Chicago, a few of them were part of the event precipitated by the dojo storming.

C) The Creedon Clan: Up to this point and subsequent we are introduced to "Jawney" a character from the area of Massachussetts where Dante came to stay. Jawney it turns out is the son of Creedon Senior, a martial artist, journalist, soldger and... perhaps a man with connections! Creedon senior does not make an actual appearance on the thread but it has been determined that he was a legitimate and constructive presence... his son on the other hand was to become the central villian on the thread.
    It is brought to bear that Creedon junior enabled the deal with Acquier to be compromised, that he egged Acquier junior on into an unwinnable fight with Floyd ( the court case was predictable), and that he creates a whole cast of alliases with such colorful names as Matt Kiley, Timey, etc. There are allegations that Creedon made calls to Coach Barron's elder mother and Creedon's Blog becomes a rallying point for people who are less than happy with the Dante thread on bullshido and Floyd.

At this point people like John Patricio, an intelligent and thoughful childhood friend of Billy Acquier are being ridiculed by Creedon junior. The issue is always with Acquier, one of betrayal. Acquier, at this point in the thread along with Creedon, has a picture painted where he stands alone uncomprimising while others try to betray Dante and take his life works... But alas there is on the thread little sympathy for this song and dance. Acquier put out no film, no book and no school showing that he continued this tradition.. Acquier is subsequently percieved on the thread at this point as trying to dismantle the work of Floyd and Creedon is seen as an enabler for his efforts. People will call Creedon on not even showing up for court dates to support his supposed pal Billy Creedon junior will claim that Billy is not his friend here and that he has his own reasons. In a word the situation becomes confusing...

We know have aliases of Creedon claiming legal precedents, Sam Browning comes in to comment on these occasionally, we have people from the black dragons commenting, coach barron states his point of view and the thread looks like it is achieving critical mass. During this time the thread is moved out of the investigation section on Bullshido as it achieves critical mass and starts to eat at itself, collapse under the weight of it's own absurdity.

d) Ymas here we come!!

Moving this thread to the comedy section has what was perhaps, an unintended consequence: namely the thread picks up new life. As more people start to comment we have the introduction of new theatrics, new hyperbole, alais no real new developments... the thread seems to understand that the court date is ground zero.

e) Chris piescala was a student of a man who ran in the same circles as Dante. Chris had been suggesting to Floyd such things as "not to go to Falls River", whom to speak with, and some of the more nefarious Dante connections to be probed. We learn that Creedon junior and Chris have a visceral exchange in which they basically agree to a fight to the death... at some point they begin to realize that they are both privy to information about Dante that is in their minds exclusive. Chris winds up casting aspersions on Floyd's motivations and much hillarity ensues. Chris will eventually go to Falls River and consumate this relationship with the Creedons but in the meantime on the thread he argues that essentially "I know what my teacher told me and it is the same as John shared with me... we both understood that only we could know those things."

Chris claims that Floyd is lazy, indolent and does not appreciate his help.... it is determined on the thread that Chris is grandiose, thinks his information is more important to Floyd than its actual value, and some suspect that Creedon junior may be enabling him as he did Acquier junior.

So we have challenges made, including Floyd eventually agreeing to fight Chris, and none of these challenges come to pass.

Eventually after Frank Dux gets dragged into the thread on account of phone calls made and challenges issued, and more than a few others are subject to the same challenges and calls.... It is decided that Falls River has no intention of gong sauing anyone. Creedon is accused of beong real polite when cornered and then talking **** when the person is at a distance. People settle into a quiet contempt for Chris. Jawney and the rest of the Falls River gang. Chris claims at many junctions that his faith and vocation has been threatened, Many posters angrily call him a hypocrite.

But alas the court case was no suprise... Acquier had to settle and let Floyd use, under fair use, most of what Floyd wanted to use in the first place and was not given two nickels to rub together. Falls River claims that other suits will come... which could mean more threads.

Floyd claims to have progressed and to be ready to put some real work behind him. Floyd claims never to have been derailed by this travesty.

Dante was the kind of person that had contraversy follow him around. Not suprising that this thread played out like it did.

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 11:23am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Dsimon!, after a last round of comments I will close the thread, copying your writeup as the last post!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 4:50pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done Simon. In some ways I'm really going to miss this trainwreck. Would like to stay in touch with the ones that I have enjoyed and respected. Maybe we could gravitate over to John P's thread and discuss the movie as it comes out. Its like I said before. Jerry Garcia has died and the deadheads (Creeden and Chris) have nothing left to do.

Mike S

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 5:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice job Darrel. A bit brief, but I suppose that reflects the lack of anything of substance that really occured here. Once the bullshit, sock-puppetry and non-events are taken out you're left with a shakedown attempt that failed.

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 6:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    Thank you Dsimon!, after a last round of comments I will close the thread, copying your writeup as the last post!
    mr p had a great idea: you can befriend me darrell simon at facebook and I will keep all posted via floyd and JAWNEY HAHA updates.

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 6:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Nice job Darrel. A bit brief, but I suppose that reflects the lack of anything of substance that really occured here. Once the bullshit, sock-puppetry and non-events are taken out you're left with a shakedown attempt that failed.
    Indeed I was objective but my posts are here and ultimately I am proud to be on good terms with everyone involved. I feel like it helped cause less pain and suffering.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2010 9:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Indeed I was objective but my posts are here and ultimately I am proud to be on good terms with everyone involved. I feel like it helped cause less pain and suffering.

You need to go back and correct the following mistakes:

-It's Aguiar not Acquiar
    -Creeden not Creedon

And for the past five years you've been calling it "Falls" River. It's "Fall River", not "Falls River", "Fall Rivers" or "Falls Rivers".