1. #5571

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    771
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Im the Guy View Post
    Bullshido's "investigations" are very one sided. This is a fact. Mainly because neither of the people in question have had or will have a fair chance to express their full side of the story...

    ...Calling something an "investigation" implies that there was a through search for facts and that these facts were thoroughly examined to find a conclusion without bias on the part of the "investigator".

    From what I have seen, that is not the Bullshido way.

    The Bullshido way is that everyone is a fraud until they are proven otherwise by the Bullshido website.
    Have to disagree with you here.

    This site makes very strict distinctions between investigation and discussion. Please do not confuse the casual ****-talking that occurs here in YMAS with the actual investigations that take place in MABS. One of the reasons for the confusion (IMHO) is that this site does not practice censorship. Posts are not deleted, they are moved. The majority of threads in YMAS are culled from MABS, the technique forums, or the TMA forums. They are here because they are full of unsubstantiated acusations, personal vendettas, fallacious logic and other unconstructive tactics.

    A good case in point is the Bobby Joe Blythe incident. There is still a genuine investigative thread in MABS on this subject, but a "spinoff" thread was created in this forum to house all the irrelevant bullshit the original thread created.

    This thread is merely a discussion (originally) of the idiocy that ensued when an independent filmmaker attempted to make a film about the legend surrounding a man that had a huge impact on American MA. It is not an investigation of Dux or Kim/Davis, that has been handled elsewhere. It is not an investigation of the Fall River BDFS, as there is no point.

    It is a common tactic for someone here to write a thread or to say something negative (usually without a shred of proof or maybe something that looks like it might be plausible, like the way Creeden handles things) and then expect the person in question to respond to the allegation. Meanwhile on the board people have been reading and forming there own opinions (like people do) and by the time the person has heard the allegations against them they are shocked or pissed off (Like Jay and Silent Bob were in the the movie) and then come here with a negative attitude about have their person being called into question. They are then heckled and rediculed for most anything they say to try and defend themselves from what may have started out perhaps in good faith as an investigation to find the truth.
    People under genuine investigation are usually contacted and invited to respond. The motives and justification of anyone attempting to start an investigation are always suspect. In fact, the second post in any MABS thread is invariably one of:

    1) Who are you (ie. do you have an axe to grind)?

    2) Do you have any evidence?

    3) Have you contacted the individual you have named?

    The bottom line is this:

    Bullshido doesn't investigate to find the truth.

    Bullshido investigates to find the fraud.
    Truth in MA does not usually require investigation. In this day and age there are numerous venues for testing the validity of a style or individual. Something either works or you get your arse kicked. It is fraud that requires investigation and fraudulent individuals that attempt to hide from being investigated or having their claims tested.

  2. #5572

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    409
    Style
    Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Opinions are great for discussion. Here's mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    People under genuine investigation are usually contacted and invited to respond. The motives and justification of anyone attempting to start an investigation are always suspect. In fact, the second post in any MABS thread is invariably one of:

    1) Who are you (ie. do you have an axe to grind)?

    2) Do you have any evidence?

    3) Have you contacted the individual you have named?

    To Nicko1

    I understand what you are saying and I do agree with most of it.

    However, I have just seen to many instances where this is not the case.

    Even if that was the case, it is still all speculation and or hearsay. Those things are a far cry from factual evidence.

    Bullshido's "Investigation" can treat people like animals, whether or not that was the initial intention of the inquiry. (Sometimes it is and sometimes it's not)

    In summary, I don't like frauds in the Martial Arts.
    But, I don't like Bullshido methods of flushing them out either.
    It reminds me too much of the old Salem witch hunts.

    Don't get me wrong Bullshido has exposed a great many frauds in the Martial Arts. But they have done it at the expense of legitimate Martial Artist.

    It's like you said before. The frauds stick out so bad anyway all by themselves who really needs to investigate them?

    I really don't want to discuss this issue here as this is not the forum for it.
    This is only my opinion on the subject, nothing more.


    To everyone in general.


    I know Frank Dux personally.
    I have even personally fought Frank Dux in a professional venue.
    (If anyone on this forum should be asked about him, you might want to ask me.)


    I know Ashida Kim personally.
    He is a great guy. (At first, yes he may seem strange. But, when you get to know him he is a brilliant person who cares about everyone, even Bullshido.)

    I know a lot of other well known Martial Artists personally.

    Many of which would like to be left alone to live their lives. But, Bullshido can make that very difficult for them.

    Let me tell you, Bullshido knows nothing about what Frank Dux or Ashida Kim do on an almost daily basis.

    If people here knew what either one of those guys do to promote the Martial Arts, Humanity, and International Good Will. Well, any decent person wouldn't know how to live with themselves.

    All the Bullshido articles in the world cannot change what those guys do everyday.

    I know you guys are going to give me **** over all of this.

    But, before you do remember this...

    You are talking to the man who "knows".

    "I am the knowing" of these things, not the speculating.

    To my knowledge there is no one here on this thread, maybe even this whole site that can say that.

    No disrespect to anyone is intended. I am just tired of hearing this Bull ****. If you want to talk **** about people you no nothing about, and bitch online about Frank Dux, Ashida Kim, or anybody else. That is your prerogative. Just do it on the appropriate thread. This is not that thread.

    It is not very Martial Arts like either.

    I remember when respect was a key aspect of the Martial Arts.

    And ANYONE who is going to sit there and tell me Bullshido represents the Martial Arts, I have one question to ask.

    Where is the respect "pillar"?
    Last edited by Im the Guy; 12/07/2009 9:53pm at .

  3. #5573

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The last time I was on the "I am Shamus" website, under my real name, Samuel Browning, I spent several months waiting for Frank to show up to discuss various factual problems with his book "The Secret Man". He avoided such a dialogue which would deal with such questions as "You say that William Casey, was your case officer in the Secret Man. Yet you describe him as being short when he was actually over six feet tall. How could you make such a mistake if you had actually met him multiple times?"

  4. #5574

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, the CIA found a sneaky way to discredit Frank, they broke into his publisher's and put deliberately false information in his book, to "discredit him". Yup, that's the ticket.

  5. #5575

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "respect pillar" is most likely over at Radford's house where he probably is using it as a cheap sex toy.

    Why should I respect the author of "X rated Dragon Lady"?
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 12/07/2009 11:42pm at .

  6. #5576

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    409
    Style
    Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Claus View Post
    Yet you describe him as being short when he was actually over six feet tall. How could you make such a mistake if you had actually met him multiple times?"
    I never said Frank Dux was short. Can anyone show me any where that I said that? Seriously... I'm not Creeden you know.

    Yes, he is tall. About 6 feet 2 or 3 inches.

    See, this is the kind of thing I am talking about.

    I say something based on fact and here comes the **** storm to discredit me now, right? Just because the valid point have made in this case is about Frank Dux? That's not cool.

    Again, no disrespect. Just pointing out the facts.

  7. #5577

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see you are somewhat challenged when it comes to reading comprehension. Let me repeat the statement.

    "I spent several months waiting for Frank to show up to discuss various factual problems with his book "The Secret Man". He avoided such a dialogue which would deal with such questions as

    "You say that William Casey, was your case officer in the Secret Man. Yet you describe him as being short when he was actually over six feet tall. How could you make such a mistake if you had actually met him multiple times?"

    Get it, it was a question posed to Frank, not to you.

    But another question. Frank accused John Singlaub, a decorated American War Hero of running the Phoenix program. Something he never did. If Frank Dux is an example of respect in the martial arts why would he accuse General Singlaub, falsely, of leading an organization that performed assassinations in vietnam?

  8. #5578

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    409
    Style
    Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Basic Respect for Humanity is the Martial Way

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Claus View Post
    Yup, the CIA found a sneaky way to discredit Frank, they broke into his publisher's and put deliberately false information in his book, to "discredit him". Yup, that's the ticket.
    I am not familiar with the book in question nor am I familiar with it's connection to the CIA. I cannot comment on what I don't know about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Claus View Post
    The "respect pillar" is most likely over at Radford's house where he probably using it as a cheap sex toy.

    Why should I respect the author of "X rated Dragon Lady"?
    I was not asking anyone to respect Ashida Kim or anyone else personally.

    The respect I was referring to treat people like people and not like animals.

    Can you imagine if the police (on a constant basis) treated people the way some of these Bullshido investigations go.

    People would be beaten and treated like dirt in their "quest for truth and justice".

    Even convicted criminals have basic human rights.

    That's all I'm saying.

  9. #5579

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    10,094
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah asshopper, you make a mistake in reasoning. The police have arrest powers and can take people's liberty as agents of the state. Members of Bullshido are private consumer advocates who expose bullshit and make fun of it. So your analogy fails.

    I treat people with respect when they earn it. Frank decided to go bad mouth a proven American war hero and accuse him of doing contemptible things which he did not do. (Running the Phoenix program) I don't respect Frank and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

    Since you are probably offended I would be happy to call you a Waaabulance.

  10. #5580

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    409
    Style
    Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Claus View Post
    I see you are somewhat challenged when it comes to reading comprehension. Let me repeat the statement.

    "I spent several months waiting for Frank to show up to discuss various factual problems with his book "The Secret Man". He avoided such a dialogue which would deal with such questions as

    "You say that William Casey, was your case officer in the Secret Man. Yet you describe him as being short when he was actually over six feet tall. How could you make such a mistake if you had actually met him multiple times?"

    Get it, it was a question posed to Frank, not to you.

    But another question. Frank accused John Singlaub, a decorated American War Hero of running the Phoenix program. Something he never did. If Frank Dux is an example of respect in the martial arts why would he accuse General Singlaub, falsely, of leading an organization that performed assassinations in vietnam?

    It is late and I did misunderstand what you wrote.
    My apologizes.
    I am not Frank Dux.
    I cannot answer those questions because I simply do not know.

    But your attitude about this whole thing is proving my point about the way Bullshido acts whether it will be admitted or not.


    Instead of educating me to your point of view you insult me first.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in