233663 Bullies, 3689 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 6778
Page 160 of 678 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260660 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2009 1:00pm

Style: BDFS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lob Sing View Post
    quick question the WKF was an association of bb, so you had to be a bb to get in. So who gave Dwyer his bb originally to get in.
    Why don't you ask Dwyer yourself? He's still around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2009 5:43pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The WKF was not just for black belt members.

You should do a little reserch on Keehan and Dwyer. Back in the day they were good friends and traveled all over the country together training with Trias and others.

You really should show Dwyer a little more respect as he was and is a well respected martial artist. For those of us who were around back then it is hard to think about Keehan without remembering Dwyer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2009 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    hahaha!! Damn I am sorrry vern!!! I forget how wise and full circle, how old some of you guys are... well the lesson in all this is that despite my bad attempts at humor there are some guys out there who have the rank and have put the time in to get it!

Hey Dsimon

I was just kiddin. I could care less about rank.

Verne

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 3:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verne_Gilbert View Post
    Hey Dsimon

I was just kiddin. I could care less about rank.

Verne
    I figured Vern. The thing is I think that inadvertantly an issue that is important was raised. Here is how I see that issue. I consider myself a "time man." i.e. despite its relative nature a martial artist imo should be ranked based on the time spent training... period.

Time may be relative but it is the least relative of all the other relative things in the martial arts and our time is truly the commitment to our art. And we all know after a bit of time spent how hard it is to keep going! the wife wants A the kids want B and there are a million ways to use an extra hour or so in the evenings martial arts training anyone? haha.

Alas this allows one to see how ridiculous it is for Billy to claim a tenth dan and to be a system head. On the other hand one can look at a man your age Dwyer's age and say that this is someone who had forgotten more than a lot of back belts know. Keep in mind that I say this regardless of my opinion or anyone's opinion of skill wich is relative unlike the amount of time a man/woman spends training in his/her art wich becomes quite absolute!

Thats the beauty of it. I teach this gung fu teacher who is 65 years old and the the beauty of it is : that he is 65 years old and has been studying the arts longer than I have been alive. that is a tenth dan to me whatever his rank is... he is a teacher of some repute but I don't know his rank.

This shows how ridiculous and arrogant it looks when Billy or anyone that age claims this rank. I could not stomach it in the Bujankan any longer either. To see young guys with these inflated ranks was ridicuous.

I guess to me you put something in perspective that my cynacism and humor actually led me to forget... there are guys with us at a silver age who can wear an advanced rank although the rank is not the thing to me... again it is the time training. You and Dwyer regardless of rank (which after all is relative) and people like my friend the Gung Fu teacher have earned that respect and rank by still getting up in the morning and occasionally instead of wearing trousers... wearing karate pants... instead of wearing a leather belt putting on a cloth belt and instead of putting on a jacket putting on a gi top!

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verne_Gilbert View Post
    The WKF was not just for black belt members.

You should do a little reserch on Keehan and Dwyer. Back in the day they were good friends and traveled all over the country together training with Trias and others.

You really should show Dwyer a little more respect as he was and is a well respected martial artist. For those of us who were around back then it is hard to think about Keehan without remembering Dwyer.
    I understand but when he starts promoting fake martial artists and known frauds proven by this very forum. You begin to wonder about his own credability. http://ashidakim.com/Grandmaster2008.html

I'm not disputing that they weren't good friends and traveled. My question is even if he is a legend, why would he promote known frauds and disrespect his so called "best friends name". By supporting frauds.

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpatricio View Post
    Why don't you ask Dwyer yourself? He's still around.
    I just think if you claim that in the movie being a tenth dan, their is some sort of proof of credability were are the documents and rank are they verified. All I wanted to know is who gave him his tenth dan what style. Even Bullshido, to have one of those tags on top of your name you have to prove who you are legally.

Got his number I would call him

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

HAVE YOU SEEN THESE FRAUDS NOW

http://ashidakim.com/Kajukenbo2009.html

I cant believe these guys their so fake it not even funny.

The 2-day event was being hosted by 7th Degree Black Belt Barron Shepherd at the Premier Wrestling Studio.
    Didnt Dwyer just give him a 7th dan, from zero and never stepped a foot on the mat and the guys a shishi dan. Am I the only one to see this ****.

Black Dragon Fighting Society Grandmaster Lawrence Day
    Their can be only one, who gave this guy a grandmaster ship. This is a Monty Python show. Their all Masters of Chinese form that all not BDFS

, Sensei Shepherd proved himself to be a most gracious host by electing to remain with them through the night. It is a spiritual experience that cannot be explained, to sleep and dream in the temples of meditation and training; all part of true learning.
    Could someone please explain this passage?

[18 Hung Family Five Animal Five Element Form/QUOTE]

How Thundercats.

[QUOTEWhen the others had departed Sensei Shepherd and Master Cook trained privately well into the night in the Blind Swordsman Techniques and the Five Ninja Sword Form. Zatochi, the blind swordsman, is a legendary Japanese hero on par with Wong Fei-Hung while the Ninja techniques rely on concealing the sword until the last possible moment, making it invisible until it is too late for the victim to defend himself. ]
    Doug Dwyer gave a guy who pratices a form from a movie, need I say more.

Sensei Shepherd offered the hospitality of his nearby home to the assembled crew
    I noticed this this Barron guy said in the Webb case that he lives in Indiana, but hes offering his house in Florida.

They make it easy for a normal guy like me, and I'm just a mechanic.

P.S.
    Who is Lawrence Day and who gave him A grandmastership in the Black Dragon Fighting Society?

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think if you claim that in the movie being a tenth dan, their is some sort of proof of credability were are the documents and rank are they verified. All I wanted to know is who gave him his tenth dan what style. Even Bullshido, to have one of those tags on top of your name you have to prove who you are legally.

Got his number I would call him
    Back when you were Timmy and Lamokio all of those other guys, your motives were always centered around how you could squeeze money out of everyone involved. Back then it didn't matter to you that any information was true or correct and you never displayed the ability to be truthful or provided correct information. How is it up to you to make anyone provide anything when it's obvious that the information is meaningless to you and secondary to your self serving motives? All of these questions you continue to ask are for the sole purpose stirring up the same old crap you continue to peddle.

I know you didn't ask, but use the word "There" when you are talking about a place, and the word "Their" when you are talking about people. Later on we will discuss "Where' , "were" , "Wear" , and "We're".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dsimon

Very well said. Thank you!!!

I have always believed that the martial arts are as much a study of life as a study of martial technique. At our dojo and with the organization that we are affiliated, there are age requirements for all black belt levels. We believe that with age and experience come wisdom.

So yes to me time invested is a most important requirement for rank.

I personally would have a hard time following a 30 year old as my style head regardless of his physical abilities. One may be able to inherit a business but only time and experience will make a true leader.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2009 5:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Didnt Dwyer just give him a 7th dan, from zero and never stepped a foot on the mat and the guys a shishi dan. Am I the only one to see this ****
    You are most likely the only one who cares.
    Last edited by Verne_Gilbert; 2/27/2009 5:23pm at .