222221 Bullies, 4292 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 6778
Page 128 of 678 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:31am

Style: BDFS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verne_Gilbert
    Hi John

Thanks. The pain killers were kicking in when I posted the WTF thing.

Verne
    Verne, are those painkillers for your missing finger? So sorry to hear that's still aching you. I thought a new one would have grown back by now. Well hopefully it will be better soon. I'm thinking of you man. :)

----------

To the folks who watched and commented here on my uncles fight with Larry Holmes... thanks a lot. When he retired it was with a record of 31-3 (7 by KO). I'm very proud of him and glad I got to share that fight with you all.

----------

As far as using the World Karate Federation name they may have to check if it is trademarked or something, because I know somebody else (besides Aguiar) was using that name on the web as recent as last year. Truth is the BDFS (at least the one in Fall River) teaches so much more than just karate I never thought that name really fit to begin with.

I think that they want to keep the BDFS name because 1) it sounds really cool, 2) people may be familiar with the name and 3) it is a name Dante used. Of course another alternative could be to name the school using Dante's name. Maybe a name like Dante's Disciples (sounds like a biker gang, lol) or The Dante Dojo... or something else on that idea.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 9:20am

Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpatricio
    I think that they want to keep the BDFS name because 1) it sounds really cool, 2) people may be familiar with the name and 3) it is a name Dante used. Of course another alternative could be to name the school using Dante's name. Maybe a name like Dante's Disciples (sounds like a biker gang, lol) or The Dante Dojo... or something else on that idea.
    To my knowledge, there was never any discussion about using a different name for the organization other than adding "International" on the end (BDFS-I) to reflect the expanded area of influence outside the U.S.

WKF (World Karate Federation) would not accurately encompass the myriad list of styles of those who have joined the organization (Kung Fu, Ninjutsu, Jujitsu, etc. as well as Kenpo, Shotokan and so on).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 10:09pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well what ever it is called I am just glad that they all have a chance to get back together after all these years. Truth known there will most likely be more story telling than MA this weekend. How nice it would have been to just hang in the background and take in all of the stories. Memories are great.
    Last edited by Verne_Gilbert; 7/31/2008 10:36pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2008 12:29am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello all. I have been trying to enjoy the summer, working a lot and preparing to leave for Nashville as soon as I send these people from Germany home on Friday morning.

What is happening with the court case? Well, once a years the judges and lawyers head off to their favorite recreational haunts like Martha's Vineyard or someplace. Little work gets done in July and August. We have enter the vacation zone. Hell I need a vacation too!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2008 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nashville is on. The Dragons have gathered. I arrive soon. I will do a full report after the event.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 2:37am

Style: BDFS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creeden posted on his blog that HE is going to bring back the World Karate Federation, BUT I think these guys will have something to say about that: http://www.karateworld.org/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am now in Nashville and have interviewed Edgell, Joe Dodaro and Tayari Casel. Felkoff is also here, no sign of Victor Moore and Lonewolf yet. More later regarding how it all goes. Oh, no sign of Fall River, unless they show up in time for dinner.

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 6:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by floydwebb
    I am now in Nashville and have interviewed Edgell, Joe Dodaro and Tayari Casel. Felkoff is also here, no sign of Victor Moore and Lonewolf yet. More later regarding how it all goes. Oh, no sign of Fall River, unless they show up in time for dinner.
    Oh yeah? Just so happens mattey's mom is mackin' some egg salad sandwiches for the gathering and we is bringin' them later. Matey's mom said we have to bring celery sticks for the older guys on account of their bowels and all, so we will be there.

Sincerely the gang at falls river.

Matty jawney billey and ...... timmy too!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2008 1:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu Grip

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Usual Suspects

Haven't been here in a while. A fairly long while. Still going strong, I see.

Oh, and I also see that the guy who aways puts an apostrophe "s" where it doesn't belong was back for a while under another alias. Glad I missed out on that fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2008 8:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, All done. I got a good interview with Dodaro, Edgell and Tayari Casel. Marty Cale is a gracious host. He really went out of his way for me and I am most appreciative. Tayari made a great acceptance speech when he got his award, he paid a great compliment to Marty Cale. It concerned the measure of a man being determeined by how he treated and honored others. There are some people who would do well to listen to words like that.

All went well, I got a Hall of Fame Award for Filmmaker of the year for my efforts to get this film done. It was a bit premature, I would have preferred it AFTER I finished the film, but I immensely honored to receive it.

I will make a longer report on my blog. Hopefully we will hear from the judge this week. Time to put this case in the casket and bury in the cemetery of bad experiences.
    Last edited by floydwebb; 8/03/2008 12:21pm at .