Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 11:42am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Side kick clip and question

I know not everyone here throws side kicks. If you do, which way do you do it? Do you turn the foot when you kick or your foot stay turned all the time. I saw the video below and it got me thinking about that.

http://uk.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8HLJenYKeQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 1:01pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The biggest thing I noticed is that he's already fully pivoted on the chamber. The "pop" on a side thrust kick comes from the pivot during the thrust. He's losing a lot of power doing it the way he's showing it in the video.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 1:56pm

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on the kick. I don't go for a complete chamber on a defensive (quick) side kick, so I turn my foot as I kick. In contrast, turn it in the chamber when I'm trying to cover some distance or get more power.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 2:11pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamator
    Depends on the kick. I don't go for a complete chamber on a defensive (quick) side kick, so I turn my foot as I kick. In contrast, turn it in the chamber when I'm trying to cover some distance or get more power.
    You're right. That was an oversimplification on my part. I was mainly talking about what he's doing in the video.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 2:14pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need to see that guy use that kick- his kick, and why he our his students have"the sidekick". Honestly, I much prefer the other Youtube clip from the Sanda guy whose name escapes me. If anyone has a right to explain what a good side kick is, it's guys like him, who can pull it off in competition. The other video you can get is "Power High Kicks with No Warmup" from Stadion, and it shows this Polish KK guy knocking people out with the different kicks he does in full contact KK fights. If I'm wrong, and this guy is some deadly, verifiable full contact fighter that can do the splits, etc, I'm sorry. Please correct me.

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 2:31pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odorblocker
    I know not everyone here throws side kicks. If you do, which way do you do it? Do you turn the foot when you kick or your foot stay turned all the time. I saw the video below and it got me thinking about that.

http://uk.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8HLJenYKeQ
    I hate fuckers like this that believe they have the correct....whatever. There are many reasons to do one sidekick over the other and truthfully speaking I see weaknesses in the way he's teaching his. The only thing I can concur with is his 'mischambering' of the kick. Otherwise it's simply a point of view and strategy.

BTW I'm going to move this thread to strikestan.

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 2:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    I need to see that guy use that kick- his kick, and why he our his students have"the sidekick". Honestly, I much prefer the other Youtube clip from the Sanda guy whose name escapes me. If anyone has a right to explain what a good side kick is, it's guys like him, who can pull it off in competition. The other video you can get is "Power High Kicks with No Warmup" from Stadion, and it shows this Polish KK guy knocking people out with the different kicks he does in full contact KK fights. If I'm wrong, and this guy is some deadly, verifiable full contact fighter that can do the splits, etc, I'm sorry. Please correct me.
    And, believe it or not, I concur with you.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 7:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    CUng Le?

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 9:58pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az0rXBj6bt4

This is the guy I was thinking of.

Administrator

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 10:30pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was some pretty gay music.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast