Posted On:
    2/15/2008 10:55am

Style: muaythai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leec123
    possibility that you got trolled there fella
    In hindsight, that appears to be the case. :adios:

Regardless, it would be worth trying to see how well I progress in my training by the time I get to visit Toronto again. If I can school the guy, even better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 10:59am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, why didn't you just ask him how many arms he's broken and people killed, when and where it happened? That seems the sensible thing to do, because he'd either has to shrimp out of saying he's the deadly and be all abstract about it or lie like a fucker and let you pick it apart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:00am

Style: MT,full contact JJ,Sudoku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchedearth
    In hindsight, that appears to be the case. :adios:

Regardless, it would be worth trying to see how well I progress in my training by the time I get to visit Toronto again. If I can school the guy, even better.
    dont forget to write your last will and testament before you go. He might pull teh d34dly on you haha

although if you do hand his ass to him on a plate, he will more than likely have a grabbag of excuses ready

Edit... If you do spar, round kick him really hard in the leg..from me haha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:02am

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think if that guy did martial arts for 25+ years would put him at at least 35 excluding childrens tae kwon do. Doesnt sound like the way an adult conducts himself in an argument, especially with his broken english. Hapkido has a cool name, other then that sounds like its got a tremendous amount of flaws.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOCgfuajpJs

watch this hapkido video, its like olympic tae kwond o sparring, but they have judo slams, and they are like catchin legs at full resistance and slamming people at about 1:30-2:15 in the video. I have new respect for hapkido. You have to watch a bunch of gymanstics first

edit: you'd think they see that most of their issues come from balance. If they werent trying to do spinning kicks through the air all the time these guys have incredible balance. they should punch and not kick to the head constantly and i think it'd be a great MA. also without the tumbling and gymansitcs, they can keep the long staff and weapons...they are shiny..
    Last edited by Vulgar42Ox; 2/15/2008 11:12am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOCgfuajpJs

watch this hapkido video, its like olympic tae kwond o sparring, but they have judo slams, and they are like catchin legs at full resistance and slamming people at about 1:30-2:15 in the video. I have new respect for hapkido. You have to watch a bunch of gymanstics first
    That stuff is full contact hapkido, which much like full contact japanese jiu jitsu is like MMA in a dobak/gi. The difference between that and most of the stuff you get out there is like the difference between dirty boxing and wing chun.

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:14am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's in Toronto?
    We have a meet coming up next weekend.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66321
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5q-OeU9Vh0

double leg takedowns!? firemans carry?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kultist
    That stuff is full contact hapkido, which much like full contact japanese jiu jitsu is like MMA in a dobak/gi. The difference between that and most of the stuff you get out there is like the difference between dirty boxing and wing chun.
    its still hapkido though? maybe that guy trains full contact hapkido. I saw a few videos of that wrist lock the guy does 2 backflips **** and its garbage. If they train hapkido like this it looks pretty good. I just wish they'd get into punching range and stop flying at eachother. Then again if I got stood up when I fell down I'd probably doing flying kicks all over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 11:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    its still hapkido though? maybe that guy trains full contact hapkido. I saw a few videos of that wrist lock the guy does 2 backflips **** and its garbage. If they train hapkido like this it looks pretty good. I just wish they'd get into punching range and stop flying at eachother. Then again if I got stood up when I fell down I'd probably doing flying kicks all over.
    It's still hapkido, just like full contact jujutsu is still jujutsu. They still learn all of the wristlocks, they just don't use them so much in competitions and they have a much bigger emphasis on higher percentage moves than non full contact hapkido. Of course, since it's korean they make allowances for silly kicks.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast