Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 9:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1234
    ..//.. i'd just like to point out that i know that the picture of the man with the injury was actually very experienced and it was a momentary lapse of concentration. I also the the fact that the picture of the sword with the 'blood' on it is clean from around 6 inches up and the sword went through his full arm and back out of the other side. do you think he got it 6 inches i, whipped it out to take the pic, then pop it back into his arm.
    I'll let others here take you to taks over your comments and thoughts regarding this thread and its content, I on the other hand would like to discuss your supposed "knowledge" of the images I posted and the person involved.

Before I continue to make you look stupid [further than you've made yourself] I suggest you read this article I wrote a couple of years back: When a Japanese sword meets flesh

The chap in question, Mr. Don Rice admitted in an open discussion over at Sword Forum International the following statements which contributed directly to his unfortunate but entirely preventable accident, and I quote...

Mr. Rice Wrote:

"I do not have any formal training in this and I have only briefly looked over books and diagrams on the subject , so I was being an idiot for even thinking of doing this sort of thing with a live blade ....period ! "

And...

"I honestly should not have been doing what I was with a sharp blade in the first place "

Now, as to your comment of...
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't know what the **** I'm talking about
    i'd just like to point out that i know that the picture of the man with the injury was actually very experienced and it was a momentary lapse of concentration
    Please explain how you apparently know what you claim to know. Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't know what the **** I'm talking about
    I also the the fact that the picture of the sword with the 'blood' on it is clean from around 6 inches up and the sword went through his full arm and back out of the other side. do you think he got it 6 inches i, whipped it out to take the pic, then pop it back into his arm.
    The wounds which you're looking at in the images are POST OPERATIVE - you dumb ass, which means the wounds have been made much larger to facilitate the surgeon's ability to repair the damage caused my the sword injury and, if you read what Mr. Rice has to say about his injury on SFI, you'd know that.

I have little time or indeed patients for fuckwits like you so, if you have nothing of interest to add to this thread, stop fucking posting.

[/rant]

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 3:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see the thread has reached the "I am in no way associated with McMaster or White, and I have no interest in this forum, but, coincidentally, I have registered and made my first post in this very thread just to say you are all wrong and you are just big meanies" stage.

Awesome.

He gives half-wits a bad name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 9:34am

Style: MT,full contact JJ,Sudoku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    I see the thread has reached the "I am in no way associated with McMaster or White, and I have no interest in this forum, but, coincidentally, I have registered and made my first post in this very thread just to say you are all wrong and you are just big meanies" stage.

Awesome.

He gives half-wits a bad name.
    I take offence at that, I am actually very nice. I have a note from my mum to prove it.

And 2 newbs on consecutive nights???

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 10:03am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a little surprised that we've not had this happen earlier.

But there you go, **** happens and we've just had it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 1:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, you made it to almost 300 posts before a major hiccup. I'd say that is pretty remarkable.

*edit*

This inevitably happens when stuff starts happening adversely to said instructors. The noisy people surface to try and derail rail the thread into joke status.

Sad thing is, all the damaging things have already been posted. There is very little background noise so, by the time anyone gets to the garbage, the proof has already been laid out effectively.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/22/2008 1:06pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 1:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Yes, you made it to almost 300 posts before a major hiccup. I'd say that is pretty remarkable.

*edit*

This inevitably happens when stuff starts happening adversely to said instructors. The noisy people surface to try and derail rail the thread into joke status.

Sad thing is, all the damaging things have already been posted. There is very little background noise so, by the time anyone gets to the garbage, the proof has already been laid out effectively.
    Indeed.

Lee, unless either you or Al have any further digging/revelations to make, I think this would make an ideal time to write a conclusion covering all the major points of the thread and bring the discussion to a natural end.

I'd also suggest you consider writing an article based on the content of this thread for Bullshido.org.

If time is a premium, then when I get back I (and Sochin?) might write that for you if you want.

--Dave

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't call it a major hiccup. Now if Mr McMaster actually joined in with this thread-and I know he is a Bullshido member-with some irrefutable proof that dispels all the evidence currently stacked against him; that would be a major hiccup. Although to be honest, I personally would welcome his direct involvement in this discussion without him using a proxy.

No matter what people think of him, at least Sifu White-to his credit- posted on this thread directly, which I thank him for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 2:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave,

From my end I thought we had pretty much come to a close a few days ago, just before Sifu White kindly joined us.

I have nothing really substantial to add at this point, without descending into the realms of circumspect and he said/she said type arguments, which I have tried to avoid all the way through this thread.

I will collaborate with Al and Brian on a conclusion and a possible.org piece. If you have any thoughts from your perspective being the weapons and language geek it would be much appreciated. If you have time i would appreciate it if you forward any notes to Al and I can get working on them from there.

Thanks for all your input mate

Lee

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 2:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roger that -

Geek out !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right then, here is a summary of this thread based upon the various writing of Mr McMaster and the observations of various members who have contributed either directly or indirectly to this thread. I have left it a few days to see if any more evidence was forthcoming or anyone else decided to join in. I apologise if it is a little long winded. I have not cross-referenced any of the following text, all the info is in this thread.

Mr McMaster has laid claim to the following grades/Titles
    Soke Kancho Grant McMaster Shihan
    Chief Instructor & Founder
    Godan Makumasuta Ryu Bu Jutsu
    Godan Combative Arts
    3rd Dan Combative Taekwondo
    Kru Muay Thai (2nd lvl)
    Shodan Shotokan Karate
    Shodan Kempo Ju Jutsu
    MLCAA Honour Society

From what we know, Mr McMaster started training with Sensei Lister around 1995-6. His ex-spouse (married 1993-96) states that he did no training during their time together and he made no mention of any previous Martial Arts experience, apart from ‘a bit of boxing at school’. This goes against his claim of attaining Shodan in Shotokan Karate in 1990, which he also states never to have actually graded in-all under a Sensei who is completely untraceable. Mr McMaster also names the ‘Atlantic Shotokan Dojo’ which would normally suggest a permanent building-then later changes it to a ‘back garden/garage’ setup.

Around 2003(ish) Mr McMaster, having already attained the Grade of Shodan Ho (1st Kyu Brown Belt) under Sensei Lister, set up his own club ‘Doncaster Combative Arts’ after accepting a 3rd Dan in ‘Combative TKD’ from Grandmaster Lee, based upon ‘previous experience’, and without having any grounding in TKD, apart from, as he has stated ‘speed learning all the WTF Kata up to 1st Dan while convalescing’. He is also given an in-house certificate that allows him to teach some Muay Thai techniques, the claims Kru rank without ever having undertaken any exam in the Art.

After setting up his Academy, Mr McMaster attempts his 1st Dan in Kempo JuJutsu under Sensei Lister, which he fails. He is stripped of his 1st Kyu and awarded 4th Kyu, as that is the level he achieved in his Grading. Mr McMaster then severs ties with Sensei Lister’s club.

Some time after this Mr McMaster contacts a respected AikiJuJutsu Sensei and requests to join his association and have his old Grade recognised (1st Kyu), which is refused. He later asks for his syllabus to be recognised by the AikiJuJutsu Sensei’s Association, along with a rank of 2nd Dan. This is again refused.

According to an email from Mr McMaster dated Feb 05 he is now Graded as Sandan (3rd Dan) in Combative Arts-being awarded by Grandmaster Lee (unconfirmed but very likely). Mr McMaster uses the Japanese terminology, despite the Grade being awarded by a Korean Stylist.

By Sept 2005, Mr McMaster has been in contact with Sifu Tim White. Sifu White awards Mr McMaster 4th Dan in Combative Arts and adds a 4th Dan in BuJutsu, which, according to his own profile, he has never taught or attained a qualification in. According to Mr McMaster ex-student this Grade was given gratis. 2 months later Mr McMaster was awarde the right to use the Shogo Title Renshi by Sifu White.

In May 2006, 3 weeks after he put Sifu White forward for the Shogo title of Hanshi, and after emailing some video clips of himself training and submitting a 4 page written test- Mr McMaster is awarded the Grade/Title Godan(5th Dan)/ Shihan in BuJutsu and Combative Arts.

Mr McMaster has his Grades ratified in the UK at the request of Sifu White. He claims to have been awarded a ‘time served’ Shodan in Kempo JuJutsu, by the ratifying organisation, which has been refuted.

On Mr McMaster’s website forums he laid claim to having had numerous fights across several styles, notably Muay Thai, MMA, various Karate fights and ‘an illegal cage fight in an underground car park’

When questioned about these claims, we were informed that the ‘3 Muay Thai bouts’ were infact friendly Sparring sessions. The MMA fights were pre UFC and would have been classed as ‘Freestyle’ and the illegal cage fight was a scrap with a TKD stylist.

Sensei Lister, who taught Mr McMaster, has stated that he is ‘not without skill’ and would probably be at 1st Dan level now, but that his memory and information gathering skills were outstripping his physical capabilities.

Mr McMaster has refused to respond directly to myself or on the thread, but has had email exchanges with both Simio and Sochin. IIRC he has been described as ‘desperate for recognition of grades for a skill set that he does not possess’-a sentiment that was echoed by the aforementioned AikiJuJutsu Sensei.

Simio has also taken apart Mr McMasters’ use of Japanese, and his underpinning knowledge of weapons based Arts, which for someone claiming such high ranks should not occur.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, either directly or indirectly. The tone has remained civil throughout and has not degenerated into stupidity as is sometimes the case.

I have nothing more to add at this point in time, almost every avenue has been explored and I believe some good results have been achieved.

Hopefully anyone looking to train with Mr McMaster will find this thread a useful tool in their decision making
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829