Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 11:34am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is derailing big time, but just another log on the tracks...I'm a Paulo Filho fan and I say he was being tooled for the entire fight, which is something that we are acostumed to. The guy was being outwrestled for crying out loud, outpunched ad looked like a ashmatic oxigen, but....he subbed the guy fair and square! If you don't want to lose a fight, don't yelp like a little girl who got smacked in the ass by her mommy! Had he not got that armbar a la nogueira, he would have lost, so I hope for his sake, that he trains some more and shut up all the critics.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 4:03pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Do you even watch this sport? There are so few heavyweights worth watching out there, that to have a heavyweight division in the WEC would further dillute the UFC's division. Making for nothing but shitty fights in both orgs. As for the bantams, **** you if you don't think they put on great fights. Some of the best fights in that organization have come out of 135 lbs.
    I agree and WEC is the only org who recognizes this no matter how much fans tell the others. Lighter fighters have more stamina naturally more technically correct, faster more explosive, and usually have the best personalities do to little man syndrome, lol. I would rather watch a Kid yammamoto vs Jens Pulver fight anyday over Cro Cop and Chieck. Just for example.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 4:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually Kid Yamamoto is going to fight Rani Yahya. Or maybe they already did. Can't remember.

Edit: and I agree the lighter fighters are some of the most exciting in all of MMA. I think the WEC has found a great niche by showcasing the lighter divisions that other promotions have over looked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 4:06pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Actually Kid Yamamoto is going to fight Rani Yahya. Or maybe they already did. Can't remember.
    I was just saying that I would rather see two prenier bantumweights than two top tier heavyweights go at it. Besides Kid is signed with that new Dream org, as well as Caol Uno and Sakuraba the list goes on for the asians there, Mirko is with them now too as well.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 5:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dream is the new Pride. It has a bunch of it's old fighters and even the same staff that Pride had.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2008 10:07pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone see the first fight? The random change of the judges score cards, what the hell is that crap. Looked a little sketchy to me. I think since UFC owns this company, and pride, and is probably going to continue its manifest destiny, they should seperate it into divisions like the NFL. UFC East / UFC West. That kind of thing. Those WEC guys are really good, entertaining to watch, and have too much heart and stamina to shake a stick at. Its just stupid that they dont get as much recognition as UFC fighters, same goes for M1, K1 and anything else.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123