Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/28/2008 4:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info Asriel,

That sounds like a good price., esp considering the reading that I've done about the school and its work ethic, connections etc. I will try and pop in within the week (or two) but not too sure when, as I have a shot ankle, and exams this month - I won't be able to start training soon as I have to sit my finals at university. The plan is to work out in the easter hols which school I'd like to go to, and when my university finals finish (not studying in London) I can come back in the summer to train the hell away.

I'll let you know when/if I pop in to watch a lesson. Btw do I need to get in touch with the teachers to let them know that I'd like to come down or should I just turn up?

Featherweight

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 4:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpunch

You mentioned two RGA schools in London, saying that the main one was more expensive. Can you give me any info on the gracievie school and what the fees are like, please? Also, have you tried any of the other classes there (MT specifically)? Any info much appreciated.

Cheers guys
    Just for info theres actually now 4 RGA schools in london (the other two being RGA mill hill and RGA Budokwai) mill hill is 7.50 per 2/12 hour session with nick brooks (brown belt). At the minute there is training mondays, tuesdays and thursdays (tuesday is 8 till 9 at a different location) but when nick gets back from brazil he is going to try and sort out 2 lessons per day from monday thru to thursday and no gi on saturdays with a monthly option (which has yet to be sorted :))

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 4:59am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe Jude Samuels teaches at the Budokwai, is that right?

Slideyfoot should know
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 4:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info Asriel,

That sounds like a good price., esp considering the reading that I've done about the school and its work ethic, connections etc. I will try and pop in within the week (or two) but not too sure when, as I have a shot ankle, and exams this month - I won't be able to start training soon as I have to sit my finals at university. The plan is to work out in the easter hols which school I'd like to go to, and when my university finals finish (not studying in London) I can come back in the summer to train the hell away.

I'll let you know when/if I pop in to watch a lesson. Btw do I need to get in touch with the teachers to let them know that I'd like to come down or should I just turn up?
    Ok mate, might see you there then :)
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Featherweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 5:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wotcha

You get a free "induction" (here's how to roll! here's how breakfall!) if you haven't done any / much BJJ before, and then you get a free class to see if you like it - I had to book in advance - try emailing them.

Obviously if you've done BJJ before you can skip the breakfall lesson :)

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 5:09am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Given that there are now so many of us in London, does anybody have anything to add to the London Throwdown thread? It is something we've never manged to sort out (venue is the big problem, due to the high costs in the capital), despite London long being well within reach of many people from this website.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 5:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well we could always move it to Essex ;)

About 30 quid for a few hours of a Judo hall

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 5:27am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Well we could always move it to Essex ;)

About 30 quid for a few hours of a Judo hall
    Sounds like an option: stick it up on the thread. To give people an idea of the usual places we end up at, the two Birmingham ones I've organised in the past have cost 50 for 3 and a bit hours.

Welterweight

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 10:20am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hopefully the cost of a London throwdown can be offset with high attendance, I'd imagine that most people will be able to make it to London.
    Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910