Sponsored Links Spacer Image

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had a bitch of a time findings these "yokes" (extra stripe) you mentioned.What do they denote within the organization?Are they looked on with respect or as an indication of success?

What do they look like?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	6366  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	034.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	6367  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	082.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	6368  

Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 8/20/2006 3:01pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:24pm

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so... what's the deal with the masters with beer bellies? do they just stop working out? you would have to question the workout ethics of someone who supposedly is well versed in tkd but can't seem to reach his own toes stretching. one of my peers at my dojang lost 50lbs in the past 6 months because of the strenious nature of our workouts and none of our instuctors look like any one of the myrid of ATA instuctors i see on the web... the BJJ instuctors at the school i am investigating for possible membership are also very lean, and if bulky, pure muscle...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and, what do those bars on the right sleeve say??? i've never seen a picture clear enough to read 'em

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:36pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm suprised of how many members do TKD on this board... especially given how badly everyone raps on TKD all the time.

Thanks for your story Crowe, I found it tragically heart breaking as well.
    The good news is you can go do Muay Thai! Yeah!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Masters have beer bellies because you can't burn calories sitting at the Board of Directors or sipping cocktails on your yacht.

The collar stripes are as follows: BLUE = 100 testings/month, SILVER = 250 testings/month, GOLD = 500 testings/month. They correspond to the requirements I mentioned earlier.

Grand Master S.H. Lee wears a 1" Gold stripe with a black center stripe, and pant stripes to match.

The chevrons on the arm represent judging rank. Level 1 = Corner judge for colored belts; level 2 = center judge for colored belts/corner judge for black belts; level 3 = center judge for black belts. The 4th chevron is a weapons judge chevron with a number of stars on it representing the level of weapon they can judge. This is useless as Weapons competition is now a part of the regular tournament curriculum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I'm suprised of how many members do TKD on this board... especially given how badly everyone raps on TKD all the time.

Thanks for your story Crowe, I found it tragically heart breaking as well.
    The good news is you can go do Muay Thai! Yeah!
    for many of us, there aren't many choices around... after finding bullshido my interests sparked on bjj... i finally found a school worth looking into. tkd may not be the most effective and because of so many mcdojos out there, it's not suprising that tkd is almost laughable, but there a few rare good dojangs out there who will give you a good, make you wanna puke, workout.

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:49pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubble
    for many of us, there aren't many choices around... after finding bullshido my interests sparked on bjj... i finally found a school worth looking into. tkd may not be the most effective and because of so many mcdojos out there, it's not suprising that tkd is almost laughable, but there a few rare good dojangs out there who will give you a good, make you wanna puke, workout.
    I agree that being well conditioned is definitely better than doing nothing and it's great that your dojang gives you that.

You found a BJJ school you're looking into? Sounds great, I'll tell you right now BJJ is a helluva lot of fun. Especially when you pull off your first sub.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 4:12pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all the stuff this man says is true.
    -the 'block' schedules
    -the 5 year old 'instructors'
    -the rushing of students.
    -everything.

at the one i went to, we had 1(one) decent instructor, always trying to get everyone to chamber correctly, pivot the foot right, etc. etc. and was teaching the class almost everyday. WAY more than the 'head instructors'.

it was kinda sick to see an' hear all the crap they'd do just to get people in the door an' sign a contract. when you don't know jack-**** about martial arts, it all sounds good. but oh man, is it ugly. they'd actually sent 'teams' out to places and 'recruit' people. and call up people at home too.

the promoting of horrible, i mean, horrible students to jr. instructors, simply because they showed up often. and passing students who are much worse. why should that fat kid who can't even chamber a side-kick, let alone perform it, be promoted to blue belt? even worse, is when someone must "test" twice for each rank, and pay $60 for a piece of electrical tape.

before i quit, they were gonna stop testing and just promote each student to each rank if they came to enough classes before the 'cycle' was over.

thanks crowe,
    reading this made my day

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I agree that being well conditioned is definitely better than doing nothing and it's great that your dojang gives you that.

You found a BJJ school you're looking into? Sounds great, I'll tell you right now BJJ is a helluva lot of fun. Especially when you pull off your first sub.
    yeah, check it out... i still have some more research to do on 'em, but looks pretty legit to me

www.grappling.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 4:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'Sco, where in GA? I used to teach at schools all over the ATL area before I moved to NJ. Just name the city and I'll know who the instructor is.
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast