232288 Bullies, 4156 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: What should we do about new ATA threads

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trollshido future ATA threads

    19 51.35%
  • Kill all ATA posters.

    23 62.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 31 to 40 of 429
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Crowe is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glassboro, NJ
    Posts
    25

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:17pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubble
    also... "eternal grand master" lee stated he found serious issues with the traditional taekwondo that existed at that time. noting specifically that initial forms did not include kicks and so forth. but it should be noted that the official first poomse in WTF is taekguk il-jang which does, in fact, have two front snap kicks. there seems to be more issues with ATA than any of the other major taekwondo federations
    I thought Taeguk #1 (Il-Jahng) was just a sequence of block/punch combos in all directions, and Taeguk #2 (Ee-Jahng) had the snap kicks at the end. I did not come up in Taeguk but I think I rememebr at least that?
  2. DojangRat is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    46

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:20pm


     Style: Hapkido/Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ata is ****. my tkd master knows an ata master whos related to the 2nd rated ata fighter in the world. THE WORLD. and he came to sparring class one day and got his ass kicked by one of our black belts.
  3. Trubble is offline
    Trubble's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    365

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:23pm


     Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    I thought Taeguk #1 (Il-Jahng) was just a sequence of block/punch combos in all directions, and Taeguk #2 (Ee-Jahng) had the snap kicks at the end. I did not come up in Taeguk but I think I rememebr at least that?
    taeguek il-jang has two snap kicks - preceded by a high block and proceeded by a punch - in it's second to last sequence

    http://www.natkd.com/movies/Forms/Ta...s/Taegeuk1.mpg
  4. Crowe is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glassboro, NJ
    Posts
    25

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:27pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DojangRat
    ata is ****. my tkd master knows an ata master whos related to the 2nd rated ata fighter in the world. THE WORLD. and he came to sparring class one day and got his ass kicked by one of our black belts.
    I don't argue that ATA fighting doesn't compare. There are many divisions (by age and rank) and not one single top fighter, but I still agree that anyone who is ranked so high should still be skilled. Do you remember the master or the student's name?
  5. Trubble is offline
    Trubble's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    365

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:29pm


     Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    crowe, what exactly happens at these "state" and "regional" tourneys? how come i see so many "state", "regional", "national" champs walking around?
  6. Crowe is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glassboro, NJ
    Posts
    25

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:34pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no regional champs, only state champs, which doesn't make sense to me because the tournaments are regional.

    You see so many state champs walking around because there literally may be so few competitors for each division in each state. I see 50 year old grandmas get "state champ" because they went to a local tournament on a whim to support someone else in their family, enroll to compete and be the only one there, and then to their surprise months later be awarded State Champ because no one else her age or rank exists in the state of North Dakota (for example).
    Last edited by Crowe; 8/20/2006 2:55pm at .
  7. Crowe is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glassboro, NJ
    Posts
    25

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:36pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I forgot to add that if she competes in all three divisions: Forms, Sparring, and Weapons, she becomes a TRIPLE CROWN Champion!! All for showing up one September and putting on an exhibition.
  8. Crowe is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glassboro, NJ
    Posts
    25

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:40pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, let me clarify the way the circuit works.

    Competitors are awarded points based on placing at competitions. Depending on the "ranking" of the event (number of attendees), placing may be worth MORE points. Points are doubled at National Championships and tripled at World Championships. Worlds marks the end of the tournament season on Friday and the start of the new one on Saturday.

    At the end of the season, whoever has the highest point totals for each category per rank and age group is NAMED State Champion. There is no competition to determine.

    The top ten point totals world-wide are seeded for competition at World Championships to determine the title of World Champion.
  9. Trubble is offline
    Trubble's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    365

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:45pm


     Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    I'm sorry, let me clarify the way the circuit works.

    Competitors are awarded points based on placing at competitions. Depending on the "ranking" of the event (number of attendees), placing may be worth MORE points. Points are doubled at National Championships and tripled at World Championships. Worlds marks the end of the tournament season on Friday and the start of the new one on Saturday.

    At the end of the season, whoever has the highest point totals for each category per rank and age group is NAMED State Champion. There is no competition to determine.

    The top ten point totals world-wide are seeded for competition at World Championships to determine the title of World Champion.
    woah, another bullshit example of where title means absolutely NOTHING...

    never got a chance to welcome you to the board. you'll find that people here are kinda brazen, rude, obnoxious, or complete fucktards... but they mean well. we actually respect hard work and true talent and skill... it's about blood, sweat, and tears here.
  10. Crowe is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glassboro, NJ
    Posts
    25

    Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:53pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubble
    ...you'll find that people here are kinda brazen, rude, obnoxious, or complete fucktards...
    Of course, it's a BOARD! I'm sure I'm not the only one with something to say.

    Thanks for the welcome.
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.