Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubble
    also... "eternal grand master" lee stated he found serious issues with the traditional taekwondo that existed at that time. noting specifically that initial forms did not include kicks and so forth. but it should be noted that the official first poomse in WTF is taekguk il-jang which does, in fact, have two front snap kicks. there seems to be more issues with ATA than any of the other major taekwondo federations
    I thought Taeguk #1 (Il-Jahng) was just a sequence of block/punch combos in all directions, and Taeguk #2 (Ee-Jahng) had the snap kicks at the end. I did not come up in Taeguk but I think I rememebr at least that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:20pm

Style: Hapkido/Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ata is ****. my tkd master knows an ata master whos related to the 2nd rated ata fighter in the world. THE WORLD. and he came to sparring class one day and got his ass kicked by one of our black belts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:23pm

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    I thought Taeguk #1 (Il-Jahng) was just a sequence of block/punch combos in all directions, and Taeguk #2 (Ee-Jahng) had the snap kicks at the end. I did not come up in Taeguk but I think I rememebr at least that?
    taeguek il-jang has two snap kicks - preceded by a high block and proceeded by a punch - in it's second to last sequence

http://www.natkd.com/movies/Forms/Ta...s/Taegeuk1.mpg

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DojangRat
    ata is ****. my tkd master knows an ata master whos related to the 2nd rated ata fighter in the world. THE WORLD. and he came to sparring class one day and got his ass kicked by one of our black belts.
    I don't argue that ATA fighting doesn't compare. There are many divisions (by age and rank) and not one single top fighter, but I still agree that anyone who is ranked so high should still be skilled. Do you remember the master or the student's name?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    crowe, what exactly happens at these "state" and "regional" tourneys? how come i see so many "state", "regional", "national" champs walking around?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no regional champs, only state champs, which doesn't make sense to me because the tournaments are regional.

You see so many state champs walking around because there literally may be so few competitors for each division in each state. I see 50 year old grandmas get "state champ" because they went to a local tournament on a whim to support someone else in their family, enroll to compete and be the only one there, and then to their surprise months later be awarded State Champ because no one else her age or rank exists in the state of North Dakota (for example).
    Last edited by Crowe; 8/20/2006 2:55pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I forgot to add that if she competes in all three divisions: Forms, Sparring, and Weapons, she becomes a TRIPLE CROWN Champion!! All for showing up one September and putting on an exhibition.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, let me clarify the way the circuit works.

Competitors are awarded points based on placing at competitions. Depending on the "ranking" of the event (number of attendees), placing may be worth MORE points. Points are doubled at National Championships and tripled at World Championships. Worlds marks the end of the tournament season on Friday and the start of the new one on Saturday.

At the end of the season, whoever has the highest point totals for each category per rank and age group is NAMED State Champion. There is no competition to determine.

The top ten point totals world-wide are seeded for competition at World Championships to determine the title of World Champion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    I'm sorry, let me clarify the way the circuit works.

Competitors are awarded points based on placing at competitions. Depending on the "ranking" of the event (number of attendees), placing may be worth MORE points. Points are doubled at National Championships and tripled at World Championships. Worlds marks the end of the tournament season on Friday and the start of the new one on Saturday.

At the end of the season, whoever has the highest point totals for each category per rank and age group is NAMED State Champion. There is no competition to determine.

The top ten point totals world-wide are seeded for competition at World Championships to determine the title of World Champion.
    woah, another bullshit example of where title means absolutely NOTHING...

never got a chance to welcome you to the board. you'll find that people here are kinda brazen, rude, obnoxious, or complete fucktards... but they mean well. we actually respect hard work and true talent and skill... it's about blood, sweat, and tears here.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubble
    ...you'll find that people here are kinda brazen, rude, obnoxious, or complete fucktards...
    Of course, it's a BOARD! I'm sure I'm not the only one with something to say.

Thanks for the welcome.
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast