Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 5:25am

Style: BJJ newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hapkido in Australia QLD?

So to cut to the chase fellas, I'm looking for an authentic place to learn Hapkido in Australia Queensland. Anyone that is knowledgable of strictly Hapkido dojangs please let me know.

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kukjae Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a lot of Hapkido in Brisbane. From what I understand a lot of the instructors are TKD instructors with Hapkido as their secondary style. But I may stand corrected on that as this information is second hand.

One of my friends is about to establish a purely Hapkido dogang in Brisbane. Probably within the next month. PM me if you want more details.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 9:52pm

Style: BJJ newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum Forbes
    There is a lot of Hapkido in Brisbane. From what I understand a lot of the instructors are TKD instructors with Hapkido as their secondary style. But I may stand corrected on that as this information is second hand.

One of my friends is about to establish a purely Hapkido dogang in Brisbane. Probably within the next month. PM me if you want more details.
    No, unfortunately your pretty much correct. Most of the Dojangs out there that I have gotten in contact with teach TKD and teach Hapkido as a secondary art.

Yes, I would be very interested in your friends Dojang, but of course I'd want to know how authentic it is and what training he's had etc. If all of that is legit expect me to be one of the first through the door.

Posted On:
    4/22/2008 10:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kukjae Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure what you define as "authentic" Hapkido but we have a no-nonsense self defence approach to what we do. You can check us out at www.hapkido.co.nz

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gongkwon Yusul, Hapkido,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyway, the repsonses above are on the mark - a lot of Hapkido in Australia can be pretty half-aS**ed- most (but not 100%) of the time its taught by TKD instructors with minimal Hapkido knowledge or skill.
    Unless you are just looking in Brisbane, one club I do know of, if you are happy with a more 'kuk sool' type approach to Hapkido is a good Hapkido club on the Gold Coast 'www.kiwanhapkido.com.au'
    Last edited by gamma man; 5/28/2008 10:43pm at .

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 8:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you can try HIA Hapkido their head branch for Australia is in Queensland. But i think it is in Gold Coast. But have a look at www.hapkidoia.com and click schools.