Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:14pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This needs to be stopped. Blows to the chest of children who aren't fully developed can be fatal. See "commotio cordis".

http://www.scienceblog.com/community...200110551.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

I watched the whole thing. I wanted to know if it was for real. I guess it is. I've seen san shou style sparring with kids that age, but it was heavily padded and carefully controlled to make sure no kids got hurt (or even too upset at losing).

The most disturbing thing for me was not the largely absent officiating, but that nobody threw in the towel for the kid who was being beat on. The kid also either did not know he could tap out to strikes, or was afraid to tap out for some reason.

There are some people on here with connections to MMA and combat sport promoters. I hope those of you can make some phone calls. I'm sure the UFC and others would be happy to contribute to a campaign to get rid of these turds.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:20pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    This needs to be stopped. Blows to the chest of children who aren't fully developed can be fatal. See "commotio cordis".

http://www.scienceblog.com/community...200110551.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

I watched the whole thing. I wanted to know if it was for real. I guess it is. I've seen san shou style sparring with kids that age, but it was heavily padded and carefully controlled to make sure no kids got hurt (or even too upset at losing).

The most disturbing thing for me was not the largely absent officiating, but that nobody threw in the towel for the kid who was being beat on. The kid also either did not know he could tap out to strikes, or was afraid to tap out for some reason.

There are some people on here with connections to MMA and combat sport promoters. I hope those of you can make some phone calls. I'm sure the UFC and others would be happy to contribute to a campaign to get rid of these turds.
    I think if we do this it should be a cross forum poll. MAP, onthemat.com, mmaplayground, lockflow.com I can't see too many sensible people supporting this.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:24pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    You know guys, I think it would be worth while to lead a campaign to stop this shti.:protest: :thebirdma :new_321:
    Here's the myspace page for New Empire Media.

http://www.myspace.com/newempiremedia

They run Pure Breed Fight League.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:26pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the website as well.

http://www.newempirellc.com/

I'm going to post this over at MAP too.

Absolutely disgusted by an organization that can sanction and host this type event involving children.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:36pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm absolutely disgusted that that kid the red shorts is so GOOD at age 8. Did you see him working the fence? Jesus.

I actually don't think we should go ban crazy right away here. What I think we should do is draft a rules-set to allow underage kids some sort of MMA participation, and put a petition behind that. I mean, honestly, we've all put kids in an environment where MOST of what happens in an MMA match COULD happen to them. It just usually doesn't, because the other kid is, well, a kid. We let our kids box, wrestle, and do judo and TKD at ages even YOUNGER then these kids.

We also need to look into the specifics here - the announcer did say they were the ONLY fighters "under ten"

Does that mean these are two very anomalous kids that somehow convinced a state board they should be sanctioned?

Also, by implication, do they have fighters aged 11 and up?

Does anyone here know anybody affiliated with the promotion?

My anxiety comes mostly from a desire to make sure that whatever is done about this is done in a way that avoids "MMA - Deathsport for your children - flim at 11"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    Dipshits are omnipresent. That doesn't hurt the sport, because you can substitute "I do X, Y and I'm going to be the next superstar in Z" variables in that with anything.

It takes a very special kind of idiocy to do something like in the OP's video.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:39pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is Fake, Johnny, I put a thread up in the moderator section would you take a look at it?

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    I wasn't sure. I though Arkansas initials were AS and Alaska's was AK. That would make sense though.

Arkansas is AR.
    Alaska is AK.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:49pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually don't think we should go ban crazy right away here. What I think we should do is draft a rules-set to allow underage kids some sort of MMA participation, and put a petition behind that. I mean, honestly, we've all put kids in an environment where MOST of what happens in an MMA match COULD happen to them. It just usually doesn't, because the other kid is, well, a kid. We let our kids box, wrestle, and do judo and TKD at ages even YOUNGER then these kids.
    I think this is a good idea and probably one that didn't take to much time to conceive. My objection is that the organization essentially exploited the kids at a pro (I'm assuming pro by their propagand) event and put their well being in danger. I would have been okay with it if there were some safety accomodations put in place due to their age; however, I didn't see anything other than putting the gloves on them and saying have at it.

I'll wait to do any cross posting on forums until mods decide if there is a better way to approach this.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shuai jiao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With **** like this out there i beleive New Empire has an agenda against the mma world. Why else would u put something like that out there for thr masses to see
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast