Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 6:52am

Style: None, but looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington
    I doubt the UFC would get involved. (Tortious interference.) Local news would work fine. The story is explosive enough that it would likely be picked up and made national.
    Yeah, and pick a tv channel/newspaper that doesn't pride itself on sensationalism. The last thing we need is the MA equivalent to the yellow exploding van of Faux News.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 6:59am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Local "news"papermen here would have multiorgasm if they got their hands in **** like this here.

Cracky, the point most of the guys tried to make was more protective gear and better refereeing/taking care of kids health.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hay guise,

how is everyone doing today?

edit: i know the people associated with this and have talked to the ref that worked the fight, all the fights actually.

he said the kid in blue was fine, other than having his feelings hurt a little. also, both kids train at the same gym and spar all the time.

personally, i don't agree with the ruleset or the venue for young kids, but the parents and the school (where the kids train) really pushed for it afaik.

i'll let some of the people involved know about this thread and they can answer if they want.
    Last edited by kismasher; 2/11/2008 10:19am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and also, just because some of the people on this thread are complete jackasses. here's another fight from the same card:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN2zD...eature=related

and here's the school where the losing fighter trains under Sifu Mark McFann.

http://www.mcfannacademy.com/

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched the first video. It has nothing to do with teaching, guiding or developing the kids and everything to do with the parents living vicariously through their children, at the child's expense. Shameful. I think each parent involved should be made to go three rounds with Tito Ortiz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:28am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhemsley
    Things that trailer trash do should stop amazing me.

Yet, it never does.

If there was ever an arguement for regulation in MMA, this is it.

I would say I can't believe the fight wasn't stopped several times early the inbred, incompetent ref.

But mostly, I can't believe it happened at all.

Kids fight, some kids fight alot, and they pretty much turn out OK. I think a kid should be good at fighting too, so they can stand up and fight back if there isn't an adult around and another kid is bullying them.

The obvious difference here is, at 8, if I was fighting some adult would break it up. As an adult, if I saw two 8 year olds fighting, I would break it up. These kids aren't being trained to stand up to bullies. They are being trained to be the bullies. These adults staged it and cheered them on. Every adult in the room should be investigated by child services.

It shouldn't be called the Pure Breed Fight League. Its really the In Bred Fight League.
    Well one could argue the fact that it is'nt as brutal as the kids in Thailand Thai boxing pro bouts when there like 8. I mean come on, how bad is this really, the kids arent hitting hard enough at that age to cause real damage. Also why not let them start that early, I mean look at Buakaw he had his first Thai fight at 8, and look what he has become. It is'nt any different than a TKD or karate or am Thai match. Only thing is it is MMA, with slightly modified rules for the kids, and it seems barbaric to the eye. That is my opinnion.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    Well one could argue the fact that it is'nt as brutal as the kids in Thailand Thai boxing pro bouts when there like 8. I mean come on, how bad is this really, the kids arent hitting hard enough at that age to cause real damage. Also why not let them start that early, I mean look at Buakaw he had his first Thai fight at 8, and look what he has become. It is'nt any different than a TKD or karate or am Thai match. Only thing is it is MMA, with slightly modified rules for the kids, and it seems barbaric to the eye. That is my opinnion.
    Most of us didn't say that did we? Or did you not read the thread? We said there needs to be a better ruleset, better protection, and a better ref.

Only a few said it shouldn't be allowed at all at that age.
    Don't fool yourself about damage.

This isn't Thailand where people have to eat. Where the purse is actually more than their parents make at their jobs.

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "They treat the kids in Thailand this way" is pretty much a bad excuse for anything.

Unless, the posters here are handing over their seven-year-old daughters to European sex tourists for anal sex at forty bucks a pop anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:47am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Most of us didn't say that did we? Or did you not read the thread? We said there needs to be a better ruleset, better protection, and a better ref.

Only a few said it shouldn't be allowed at all at that age.
    Don't fool yourself about damage.

This isn't Thailand where people have to eat. Where the purse is actually more than their parents make at their jobs.
    Yea I know there not fighting for lively hood like over there. Instead there doing it for fun and EXP. which there is nothing wrong with, and I didnt say Ya'll like everyone, I quoted a specific post, and only intended it for anyone who agreed with said post. Now readin deeper I see the kids come form the same gym, so there friends already. They will grow up trying to one up eachother now, and become great athletes because of it. I deffinatly see these kids in UFC or IFL in a few years. If they keep with it of course.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:51am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    Yea I know there not fighting for lively hood like over there. Instead there doing it for fun and EXP. which there is nothing wrong with, and I didnt say Ya'll like everyone, I quoted a specific post, and only intended it for anyone who agreed with said post. Now readin deeper I see the kids come form the same gym, so there friends already. They will grow up trying to one up eachother now, and become great athletes because of it. I deffinatly see these kids in UFC or IFL in a few years. If they keep with it of course.
    Still doesn't excuse what happened. It doesn't excuse the lack of protection. It doesn't matter if they train together or not.

All posts can be responded to if they say something off.