Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 8:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by forgetit
    I don't know if the FQ is a written dialogue the host do, but it makes the host sound retarded. HW dialogue had to be written it had to many referances to the deadly.
    It does sound like it's all improvised, which it probably is since they don't really know what Mr. Grandmaster is going to show them until they get there and they do most of it on the stop. The voice-overs sound written though, since they were probably done in post-production.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 12:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think HW is just a reflection of where the History Channel has gone. I mean, they just resurrected Young Indiana Jones for Chrissakes! I guess real history isn't as interesting as fairy tales. I just watched the clips from the nijitsu episode and I have to say I felt kind of embarresed for Jason.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 12:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_543
    I think HW is just a reflection of where the History Channel has gone. I mean, they just resurrected Young Indiana Jones for Chrissakes! I guess real history isn't as interesting as fairy tales. I just watched the clips from the nijitsu episode and I have to say I felt kind of embarresed for Jason.
    He's a student of Eddie Bravo's. Anyone trying to embarass him at this point is just pissing into the ocean.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 8:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it hard, VERY hard to believe that someone who's trained in x martial art for 5 fucking days, can even come close to tying a blackbelt from x martial art, using x martial art's scoring system...

Especially in the "zomg ninjitsu" episode. a 13th dan fucking blackbelt (or was it 3rd?)

and they didn't get utterly destroyed?

I find that hard to believe, and i believe ninjitsu is a b.s. martial art...

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 8:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    I find that hard to believe, and i believe ninjitsu is a b.s. martial art...
    Are you sure you want to go out on a limb make such a bold statement?!

And, as with most of the crap MA profiled on HW/FQ, they can't go full-force and end up LARPing so it doesn't really matter that they only have trained 5 days. In the case of the Sambo episode, the guy just sucked.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 9:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, actually, in revision, i apologize.

Although, any m.a that says "Oh jeee willy, we're ninjas" is just laughable, to me...(as has been teh case with every ninjitsu-ka or whatever, i've ever met or encountered) The whole ninjitsu thing just seems too...far-fetched and mcdojo-ish.

Yeah, that sambo guy was complete, complete, COMPLETE garbage. I do not know why Fedor put such a failure at sambo on the mat, but i'm sure he had his reasons...or a concussion...one of the two :p

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 9:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone on this board said that the reason Fedor put the noob in was because it was a holiday and that's the only person he could find. Frankly, I don't think I would want to be on TV getting my ass kicked by the likes of Bill Duff.

ps-You had it right the first time, ninjitsu is bullshit.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 11:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, at the risk of sounding wishy washy, i know. thats why i said it. But, i also realized how very douchey it was to just out and say it.

I've conducted very little research into ninjitsu, and all the knowledge i have of it comes from my uncle, who saved me from the "oooh ninjitsu is ninja style woo" phase every 13 year old seems to go through.

Why wouldn't Fedor just go ahead and fight, then?

Bill duff's sambo technique was...well..non-existant. And i've never taken formal sambo! I shudder to see the reactions on my coach's face (World Sambo Champ) if he had seen that match....

Actually, i'm going to go youtube it right now...lol

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 6:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Yong Chun/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love human weapon and i hate this "month of something that sucks"****.Is it supposed to be funny?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2008 11:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: stick based MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i might be setting myself up for a kicking from the rest of the forum ..... oh well here goes.

bill is **** but he was a pro footballer, who no one knew. A tv producer turns up and says "hey do you want to travel the world, get on tele, get your name out there, and make some money". who would not put their hand up for that?

"Jason chambers your a young fighter and you have a choice to increase your profile, go on the Ulitimate Cryer, or try our route. your a fighter and you should piss over most of the Traditional martial artist "Masters" you meet on the way". Once again if i was in his position my only question would be "where do i sign".

As to the content that is not their choice. as a presenter you have no choice what is covered, the bio mechanical animations which go in or anything fucking else. you get told go there, say that, do that, or your on the first plane home oh and we will probably sue for breach of contract.

the show is aimed at two kinds of people, the arm chair nijas who grew up on kung fu films and only want to see that crap validated by a "respectible" tv station, and people who know **** all about martial arts and just want to be entertained for an hour.

love them or hate them they are only doing the job they were paid to do. Your talking about the same TV channel that still shows crap from graham hancock whos stuff has been discredited several times over. fact is that **** sells commercial air time and that is all networks care about.

i will now step off my soap box, put my toys back in my pram and prepare for the payback
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast