Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 1:57am

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hui_Xiu
    Nice Dennis Alexio quote in your sig, Vince.

I'm embarrassed I know that guy's name.
    Since we are going in a circle jerk here, nice Gai Tendo avatar. God, I'm such a nerd that I recognize an SNK video game character! I can also tell you he appears in Buriki One and King Of Fighters XI (your avatar is a shot of him in KOFXI. Obviously because Buriki One was a 3D game).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 7:30am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that Fight quest is slightly worse than Human Weapon -

But i really hate the badly rendered 3d animations, showing those inaccurate badly explained techniques.

I guess what bugs me about these shows is they try and propagate the myths behind certain stles as fact and just generally get things wrong.

Ive got an interesting fact: Fight Quest was originally going to be a show called 'Michael Bisping takes on the World' (or something like that).

The premise whas pretty simular, but it was going to be Michael Bisping (who is very skeptical about TMA's) travelling to different countries, training in various arts then testing his skills in sparring matches.

It was going to be directed by a friend of mine who runs a little production co. called 'Red Earth Studios' in London.
    Anyway he already knows Bisping pretty well as he made that Documentary on his progression into the UFC (I think it was called 'Britains ultimate Fighter'. It aired on Bravo in the UK).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 8:16am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the mistakes- there's No friggin edit function anymore!

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 8:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hapkido - TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At home we use Tivo to quickly fast forward through the episodes. (both HW & FQ) It's entertaining for my son but he understands what's real and not.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 8:51am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    Since we are going in a circle jerk here, nice Gai Tendo avatar. God, I'm such a nerd that I recognize an SNK video game character! I can also tell you he appears in Buriki One and King Of Fighters XI (your avatar is a shot of him in KOFXI. Obviously because Buriki One was a 3D game).
    They need to make a sequel to B1. Given the popularity of MMA now, I think it could do very well.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 8:59am

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    I think that Fight quest is slightly worse than Human Weapon -

But i really hate the badly rendered 3d animations, showing those inaccurate badly explained techniques.

I guess what bugs me about these shows is they try and propagate the myths behind certain stles as fact and just generally get things wrong.

Ive got an interesting fact: Fight Quest was originally going to be a show called 'Michael Bisping takes on the World' (or something like that).

The premise whas pretty simular, but it was going to be Michael Bisping (who is very skeptical about TMA's) travelling to different countries, training in various arts then testing his skills in sparring matches.

It was going to be directed by a friend of mine who runs a little production co. called 'Red Earth Studios' in London.
    Anyway he already knows Bisping pretty well as he made that Documentary on his progression into the UFC (I think it was called 'Britains ultimate Fighter'. It aired on Bravo in the UK).
    There were similar rumors that HW was supposed to star KenFlo, but UFC executives nixed his involvement.

I dunno though, I can tolerate Fight Quest, because those guys call out the styles on their bullshit. The Hapkido episode had some subtle examples. The guy's hitting pads and he's all "Thank God they actually let me hit something. All we do here is train non contact."

Then he busted up his foot. AGAIN.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 9:12am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some vids of Jason Chambers getting his ass kicked:

vs Fight Quest host Jimmy Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whf2SRN_cRw

vs Eddie Bravo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpn8T9iJbw

Jason explaining that ninjutsu is a REAL martial art:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sChS9Z5Ca_k

"Go Beel, go!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4or7iAPom_M

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 12:30pm

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hui_Xiu
    They need to make a sequel to B1. Given the popularity of MMA now, I think it could do very well.
    Considering that Buriki One wasn't on any console systems, and that SNK's main babies are Metal Slug, King Of Fighters, and Samurai Showdown, I doubt it will happen. What they should do is put the original as maybe a download on Playstation 3 Network or XBLA.

But SNK is keeping some of the Buriki One characters alive by putting Gai Tendo and Silber in KOFXI, Mr. Karate II (older Ryo Sakazaki) in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, and putting a few B1 characters in Card Fighters Clash DS. I have all those aforementioned games.

On another note, why isn't this thread put on the sidebar like all the other YMAS threads?

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you fucking nerd
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 2:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    Considering that Buriki One wasn't on any console systems, and that SNK's main babies are Metal Slug, King Of Fighters, and Samurai Showdown, I doubt it will happen.
    AHEM, it's "Samurai SHODOWN," no "W." Of course, I'm not foolish enough to refer to the series by it's North American title; rather, I always refer to it by its true Japanese name, "サムライスピリッツ," or "Samurai Spirits" (pronounced and spelled Samurai Supirittsu in romanji, of course).

Plebeian.
    Last edited by Kid Miracleman; 2/11/2008 4:10pm at .
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast