Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacWombat
    Oh I get it. So one elbow could do it but multiples will be less effective. Is this like the inverse ninja theory?
    the difference is the one in the upcoming(if its agreed) is expected and the one in his lost fight was unexpected

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    89
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I picture this going down in a vido game format.

    First, Fedor gets someone easy luike a LW, cracked out Melvin Guillard and he works his way up to the Superfight with Randy. Before that mach can begin, however, the stage darkens and insane laughter is heard. Dana White appears in a terminator like exoskeleton and Fedor must go through him first to reach his ultimate goal. All done in single night tournament format of course, in the Octagon, somwhere in Guantanamo Bay.

    sure you can scoff, but it's just as likely as any other way you can think of.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Scranton, Pa
    Posts
    500
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    Yeah everyone lols @ dana while he flies around on his private jet. Give me a fucking break. Either way Dana makes money.

    Even publicity like this only helps dana. I don't even care that much about fedor. You can't tell me his is making more $$$ at M1 than he would have at UFC. He doesn't have the same recognition as Couture, Liddel, and Ortiz outside of MMA fans. The sponsorship alone from the UFC would make him millions even if he lost.

    He probably would wreck Couture, i'm not sure. I just think the whole thing is man-drama.
    So Dana White is rich. Does that mean we can't make fun of or chastise him? And yes, Fedor is more than likely making more in M-1 than in UFC. You know why? Because UFC, believe it or not, doesn't pay their fighters as much as they should be commanding. And UFC contracts suck balls and are one-sided. In UFC (or Zuffa contracts, however they are done) they have what is called the "Champion's Clause". What this states is that if you are a titlist in the UFC (I'm sure WEC contracts have this as well) and if you are still the champ by the time your contract is up, then you are AUTOMATICALLY RESIGNED to the company. So if you are a dominating fighter in the UFC, and you want out then you may have to take a dive. This sucks on so many levels. And the Champion's Clause is such bullshit that it doesn't hold up in courts, just like no compete clauses that go over a year. When BJ Penn was a titlist in the UFC some years ago, his contract ran up and he isntead signed with K-1. So Zuffa Sports sues him, and you know the result? m BJ Penn wins. The courts saw the Champion's Clause as ridiculous. And I'm sure Fedor would be stuck doing stupid commercials for Xyience and whatnot (but that company is going through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy right so). Fedor is a business man, there is nothing wrong with that.

    Oh, and another reason why Fedor is probably making more signing with M-1 than with UFC? His management team is affiliated with M-1, so of course he will be making a killing with them.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    101
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    perhaps as time goes on, all these smaller open organizations will end up doing better than the UFC..


    There's numerous big names that have been screwed by the UFC ..somehow, that're speaking out. You had the originals like frank shamrock, and elitexc picked him up.. Now I hear tito's dropping out after his next fight, ken shamrock said they pushed him into retirement(Though, not a bad idea!) .. Randy of course has his thing going on.

    I think as time goes on, there's just gonna be more fighters the UFC has disposed of, and with any luck, it'll get overthrown somehow.

  5. #45
    Keeping you safe from Mongolians

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,326
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the fact that Fedor is still a fighter and Randy is now somewhat of an actor could be a factor. I can see Randy retiring before this fight ever happens, after all the man can only defy nature for so long.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Scranton, Pa
    Posts
    500
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garuda1
    perhaps as time goes on, all these smaller open organizations will end up doing better than the UFC..


    There's numerous big names that have been screwed by the UFC ..somehow, that're speaking out. You had the originals like frank shamrock, and elitexc picked him up.. Now I hear tito's dropping out after his next fight, ken shamrock said they pushed him into retirement(Though, not a bad idea!) .. Randy of course has his thing going on.

    I think as time goes on, there's just gonna be more fighters the UFC has disposed of, and with any luck, it'll get overthrown somehow.
    That sucked when UFC forced Ken Shamrock to say he retired after losing to Tito Ortiz the third time. But, fear not, Ken Shamrock is fighting March 8th for EliteXC against Robert Berry. I knew Ken wouldn't be done fighting. Oh, and I figure there will be a few saying "are you sure you're not talking about Frank?". Nope, it's Ken. Frank is fighting Cung Le later on in the month in a joint EliteXC and Strikeforce show.

  7. #47
    and good morning to you too supporting member
    PirateJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3,240
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC isn't the only game in town anymore. Dana needs to get the **** over it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    I think Randy has Fedors number. Then he can retire in peace. R.I.P
    You mean Randy can beat the evil russian then get frozen in an iceburg for 50 years.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santo domingo, dominican republic
    Posts
    961
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacWombat
    Oh I get it. So one elbow could do it but multiples will be less effective. Is this like the inverse ninja theory?
    yeah, cuz Fedor's muay thai coach is gonna ignore the fact that elbows are allowed now?

    what i'm saying is that elbow re-opened a cut, he didn't get killed by ONE elbow. i'd wager that had he not had the cut, Kohsaka would have probably just been warned or perhaps penalized, and subsequently owned by Fedor. i'd also bet on the fact he'd definitely train to deal with elbows after seeing what happened to Crocop when taken to the ground by Gonzaga.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Posts
    802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    you ARE aware he "lost" that fight because of ONE elbow which re-opened a cut he ALREADY had, right?
    Not only that but it would have been ruled a DQ had it not been a tournament. They had to have someone advance and even though the blow that opened the cut was illegal, Fedor couldnt fight for the rest of the night with it, so it was DQ one guy and let the other leave and then let someone get a BUY and then have all this controversy over a tourny. Or Give Fedore the loss and let the other guy continue. So they took the easy way out and wrote Fedore a loss, but we all know otherwise.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Posts
    802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    So Dana White is rich. Does that mean we can't make fun of or chastise him? And yes, Fedor is more than likely making more in M-1 than in UFC. You know why? Because UFC, believe it or not, doesn't pay their fighters as much as they should be commanding. And UFC contracts suck balls and are one-sided. In UFC (or Zuffa contracts, however they are done) they have what is called the "Champion's Clause". What this states is that if you are a titlist in the UFC (I'm sure WEC contracts have this as well) and if you are still the champ by the time your contract is up, then you are AUTOMATICALLY RESIGNED to the company. So if you are a dominating fighter in the UFC, and you want out then you may have to take a dive. This sucks on so many levels. And the Champion's Clause is such bullshit that it doesn't hold up in courts, just like no compete clauses that go over a year. When BJ Penn was a titlist in the UFC some years ago, his contract ran up and he isntead signed with K-1. So Zuffa Sports sues him, and you know the result? m BJ Penn wins. The courts saw the Champion's Clause as ridiculous. And I'm sure Fedor would be stuck doing stupid commercials for Xyience and whatnot (but that company is going through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy right so). Fedor is a business man, there is nothing wrong with that.

    Oh, and another reason why Fedor is probably making more signing with M-1 than with UFC? His management team is affiliated with M-1, so of course he will be making a killing with them.

    So does that mean Randy threw his fights with Liddell? lol

Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO