Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 3:03pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Biased or not, I'm off to watch GSP beat his ass, both times, and enjoy them about 20 X more than I already did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 3:11pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im going to buy that book now

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 3:16pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by indy007
    Half of that review is taken out of context and not really accurate.

Unfortunately, the other half seems to be.

ADD, you don't have to post the entire thread, but you should've included the comments from the joe rogan nickname guy or whatever his name was. It was a bit more balanced.

That said.. while some of it is out of context... Hughes is really fucking creepy and probably a sociopath.
    What's the linkie to the thread that spawned that review btw?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 3:19pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman
    "Pint-sized French Canadian?"

I'd hardly describe a guy who's 5'11" and TALLER than Matt Hughes as "pint-sized."
    If he doesn't eat country breakfast, he must be pint-sized :bduh:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 3:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for saving me hours I would have wasted reading, that I can now spend watching TV.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    What's the linkie to the thread that spawned that review btw?
    http://mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=ListM...=1214943&FID=1

You're looking for the posts by "Sean McCorkle" and "RoJogan". It's 30 pages of mostly garbage posts to sift through.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 4:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chapter 6

This chapter should have been titled "I am such a badass." Matt misses no opportunity to pat himself on the back for his fights. He talks about steamrolling everybody. Later Matt shows his utter lack of character when he divulges that he guilt-tripped a fellow mitetich guy into letting him win a grappling match at the Abu Dhabis so he could get the bonus money for fastest submission. The guy fakes like Matt submitted him, earning Matt $1,500 for fastest submission. The way Hughes rationalized it was "The winner faced Tito Ortiz, and we both knew I was the only one that would have a chance against him." He admits Tito beat him in the grappling match, but remembers being surprised at how much stronger he was than Tito. He basically says Tito got lucky in beating him. More later on.
    Hughes v. Horn - Fucking STOOOPID work....I read that they were both banned from competing in ADCC after this (don't know if that is true or not though). This was back in like 2001 or 2002 I think. Why anyone would think Horn would not be able to out-grapple Tito back then makes no sense to me. They did it for the cash and hurt the sport in the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuD4TeR3iLU

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Film lore has it that when Jake LaMotta saw Raging Bull for the first time, he asked his ex-wife if he was really that bad, to which she famously quipped "No, you were worse!"

Just sayin'.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidentally, here's a past thread on the Hughes/Ortiz ADCC match:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63022

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 6:25pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Hughes should be executed.

Seriously.

The torture and murder of multiple pigs along with multiple rapes and domestic violence.

Hughes continuing to live = More pain for all of those around him.
    Hughes dieing = Pain just for Hughes and his fucked up wife.

Besides, justice itself has an inherent pleasure factor, which should be kept in mind as an argument for the execution of Matt Hughes.

BTW, don't be a moron and say that Hughes can't be executed by law. I'm taking this problem from an ethical viewpoint, not a lawful one.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast