Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No kidding.

However, despite the facts that there are reviewers who are echoing the summarized review that started this thread, there are actually people who still manage to see the work and grace of God in this is book.

WTF???????????
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus these gems:

Quote Originally Posted by amazon reviewer
    Matt should consider training harder for his next fight (if there is one) so he won't get beat up by a pint-sized French-Canadian
    Lovely.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe whatever he has that passes for an agent would allow him to write all of that, even if it were true. Even he would have to look at it and say, 'geez, I'm a douchebag'.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 1:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Pint-sized French Canadian?"

I'd hardly describe a guy who's 5'11" and TALLER than Matt Hughes as "pint-sized."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 1:49pm

Style: BJJ/Submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to let you guys know that I am born-again and I cannot stand Matt Hughes. The biggest reason is because the world doesn't need another reason to bash Christianity and he is so far from living with a Christ-like attitude that he makes me sick. To him Christianity seems like just another way he thinks he is better than other people.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 2:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that synopsis is even close to accurate, Matt Hughes is truly wasting oxygen that would be better served helping some one else live.

I would like to believe that the review is at least a bit "over the top" just to get some LOLz.

Against my better judgment I may have to pick it up and see for myself......hmmmm, actually, maybe I'll just go to B&N and skim through it. Last thing I want to do is give any money to this piece of **** if the OP's synopsis is at all accurate.

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 2:22pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveyB
    I just wanted to let you guys know that I am born-again and I cannot stand Matt Hughes. The biggest reason is because the world doesn't need another reason to bash Christianity and he is so far from living with a Christ-like attitude that he makes me sick. To him Christianity seems like just another way he thinks he is better than other people.
    Despite how I came off, I know that there are plenty of real Christians out there, so don't take offense. I was mostly speaking about the people that wear it on their sleeve, like Hughes.
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 2:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Hughes needs to eat **** and die.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 2:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Half of that review is taken out of context and not really accurate.

Unfortunately, the other half seems to be.

ADD, you don't have to post the entire thread, but you should've included the comments from the joe rogan nickname guy or whatever his name was. It was a bit more balanced.

That said.. while some of it is out of context... Hughes is really fucking creepy and probably a sociopath.

Posted On:
    2/08/2008 2:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here was a previous thread on his book, with 4 excerpts.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=hughes

AMusing summary read.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast