Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 12:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    But (and bare in mind I train at an ATT affiliate too), do you honestly think that even ATT can give someone the ability to competently TEACH even an intro to MMA course after 3 days? That's the big issue here. Yes, they say "We're not giving you the ability to produce fighters," but they ARE saying "With this program you can competently teach the basics of MMA." I don't see that as possible.
    I agree. It is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    to what degree or extent is ATT ensuring the Level 1 schools are not mispreprenting their affiliation or the value of the training?
    That is what urks me the most about the whole set up. It seems to me that any douchebag with $7,700 and three days to spare could obtain a cert. to teach MMA with the blessing of ATT.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it possible that the people they are certifying are already capable of teaching MMA, and the only thing being taught in the seminar is the "ATT method"? The people attending the seminar might just be getting a curriculum for their MMA school that would then be certified by the ATT so they could use the ATT in marketing their gym.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Is it possible that the people they are certifying are already capable of teaching MMA, and the only thing being taught in the seminar is the "ATT method"? The people attending the seminar might just be getting a curriculum for their MMA school that would then be certified by the ATT so they could use the ATT in marketing their gym.
    That would be fine in my opinion. However, that assumes that the instructor was already qualified to teach MMA and that ATT was making instructors apply for the certifation which would require MMA experience at the threshold to get the cert. stamped by ATT.

However, the tenor of the email reply given to Oldman was that a Tia Chi instructor could pay $7,700 and roll for three days and get an MMA Cert.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then maybe someone should look into the schools that have been certified so far to evaluate the level of MMA experience.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    That is what urks me the most about the whole set up. It seems to me that any douchebag with $7,700 and three days to spare could obtain a cert. to teach MMA with the blessing of ATT.
    good thing I don't have $7,700 burning hole in my pocket.

I was wondering if somewhere within the framework of the contract, since the Level 1 "franchisee", for a lack of a better word, is able to use the name and logo of ATT within their advertising, if they ATT is able to exact some measure of control over the method, verbage or description of the training the student is receiving.

They state in the e-mail Oldie posted: "This program is definitely not set up to train pro fighters. That is what ATT does, we are encouraging schools to capitalize on the mma craze, without losing their traditional roots" and "The ATT gives you credibility of great proportion. Joe Rogan is quoted every UFC event as saying "ATT is the #1 mma camp in the country." I firmly agree.)"

But I don't see anything which allows ATT to remove sanction from a school misrepresenting what ATT's intenitons are

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What will ATT-certified schools call their kid programs? Grade School Grapplers? Top Team Tots? Will there be cross-marketing with the American Girl store? (Ashley The Cagefighter, 2010!)

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington
    What will ATT-certified schools call their kid programs? Grade School Grapplers? Top Team Tots?
    Lil Toppers
    Will there be cross-marketing with the American Girl store? (Ashley The Cagefighter, 2010!)
    Top Heavy

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Then maybe someone should look into the schools that have been certified so far to evaluate the level of MMA experience.
    That would be an excellent way forward.

I don't suppose there'd be a chance that the guys running this scheme would pass on participating school's details for testimonial/research purposes?

Also, props to the ATT guys who have posted on this thread and haven't been afraid to voice their concerns.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 2:56pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I definitely think we need someone to look in on a certified school.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 3:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I read his post correctly, Oldie tried, but the school was closed.
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast