Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859 60616263 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 4:13pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I've said already, this program is nothing more than a means of cashing in on a fad, whilst 'cashing in' isn't particularly a bad thing, especially given ATT's reputation for quality training, Boyd is teh correct. And there will be people who abuse their "CERTIFICATION"

--Dave

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 12:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    oh hey sup

I'm not reading every post in this thread so I hope the Internet will forgive me if I'm 12 hours late to the party, but listen carefully because what I am going to tell you is the only thing that matters:

...Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...........yeah, I get it and acknowledge it....nothing new here
    Don't take my BIG YELLOW LETTERS out of context. It WAS NOT directed at your "band wagon" criticism which is, as had been said many times on this thread, a valid criticism.

It was directed at your prepubescent trolling fuckwit post found at number 361.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    here's the part that i don't get. you keep on referring to "semi-private" instruction. to me that means that you and one other person have the undivided attention of the coaches in question.

erik paulson offers this type of instruction for a couple thousand dollars for a weekend. you can work one on one with him or you can split the cost with a training partner.

to me the ATT program looks like a seminar. there is a room full of participants, and the instructors are going around working with the various attendees.

now, correct me if i am wrong about this, but for a seminar i would only expect to pay a couple hundred dollars at the most to work with paulson (and that would be a two-day seminar)

so unless you and a partner get to go to ATT for intense personal training ALONE with the ATT team, your pricing breakdown doesn't ring true to me.
    That's a good point. Thing is, I always considered a semi-private to be a sessions with an instructor shared with one to three people.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 11:17pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is what I do NOT get:

$3500 will pay for almost 2 years of unlimited training in most MMA/BJJ places, but let's say 1 year plus a bunch of privates. Why would anyone choose to trade that for a "short course" is beyond me. Unless training is not what they are looking for...

This is for people who have the money and do not want to put in the work.

As for failing people, give me a break! Let's see the contract: "oh btw, if you fail the test, we give you your money back...".

Tomas

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/18/2008 11:57pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    This is what I do NOT get:

$3500 will pay for almost 2 years of unlimited training in most MMA/BJJ places, but let's say 1 year plus a bunch of privates. Why would anyone choose to trade that for a "short course" is beyond me. Unless training is not what they are looking for...

This is for people who have the money and do not want to put in the work.

As for failing people, give me a break! Let's see the contract: "oh btw, if you fail the test, we give you your money back...".

Tomas
    Read the response thread. It's a response directly from Liborio. He stated specifically, that if someone was not doing well enough he would refund their money.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 3:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This program seems ideal for someone who is lets say a Judo BB and lives and teaches in the middle of But f&#K nowhere and wants to add some MMA training for his students.

Spending some time and money where a full years instruction is not available, picking up some basics to pass on to his/her students.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 7:25am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    Therein appears to lie the story.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 7:54am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read Liborio's statement.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since when does doing "karate" and teaching (even for a bunch of years) qualify as competent striking ability around here?

I'm just sayin'.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 11:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    Since when does doing "karate" and teaching (even for a bunch of years) qualify as competent striking ability around here?

I'm just sayin'.
    Since American Top Team said it did.:ingun: