Administrator

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 9:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    This is McDojoism. Despicable McDojoism. If the purpose of the site is to fight McDojoism and frauds and fakes, motherfuckers should be all over that ****. Who gives a **** if it's the ATT?

Hypocrisy. Fucking hypocrisy.
    Really? Are you doing anything? I see Oldman34 doing something about it. It is called discussion to see where it is going.

It is discuss Mcdojo and Investigate bullshido. Being against something and fighting are two different things. There are some McDojo practices by reoputable schools.

agree on Mcdojoism. Can we even call bullshido on the program? (not bullshido on ATT itself)

Bunch of DVD's + 3 days of training = certificate to teach? sure they limit at ATT level 1 and stuff but you can see how this may mislead consumers and promote BS...

Oh and lets get something straight. Is it a McDojo practice? Hell yeah. Bullshido? Nope.

If you don't know the difference please ask for a clarification.

Now if the schools that do this try and say they are fight trainers then, we are headed into Bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 10:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake

Oh and lets get something straight. Is it a McDojo practice? Hell yeah. Bullshido? Nope.

Now if the schools that do this try and say they are fight trainers then, we are headed into Bullshido.
    please explain why this program will not promote bullshido? there may be no LARPing/chi blast/deadly street antigrapple, it'll likely be under qualified instructors teaching poor quality "MMA".

though to be fair, that's to be seen. as per some previous posts, it's probably to early to tell. but i think the potential of abuse of this certification to teach MMA is great...

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 10:27am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Are you doing anything? I see Oldman34 doing something about it. It is called discussion to see where it is going.

It is discuss Mcdojo and Investigate bullshido. Being against something and fighting are two different things. There are some McDojo practices by reoputable schools.

I'm not usually want to disagree with you, but I do think this could possibly quaify as Bullshido. This is going to give people a false sense of security in skills that they haven't actually gained. There is absolutely no way that someone could gain the competence to teach ANY level of MMA from a 3 day course and a bunch of DVD's, yet they are telling them otherwise. This is right in the heart of what bullshido is to me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 10:45am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I'm not usually want to disagree with you, but I do think this could possibly quaify as Bullshido. This is going to give people a false sense of security in skills that they haven't actually gained. There is absolutely no way that someone could gain the competence to teach ANY level of MMA from a 3 day course and a bunch of DVD's, yet they are telling them otherwise. This is right in the heart of what bullshido is to me.
    Interesting you don't agree but you do.

Yes, we agree.

Yes, I know semantics. I'm saying the program itself isn't bullshido because they are training this way. When the local TKD teachers (sorry Oldman) takes it in the wrong direction it becomes bullshido.

Yes, I'm making a distinction. The reason is videos on Vale Tudo, taught by a non-competing Ninja, is bullshdio.

Making a DVD program of what you teach, to sell to the masses*, is A McDojo practice.

*No, I'm not talking a helpful technique or learning DVD.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 10:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But this is specifically marketed to martial arts instructors (who are not qualified to teach MMA) so they can cash in on the "MMA craze". ATT are lending their name to these guys and giving them false legitimacy, that's Bullshido no?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 10:52am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting you don't agree but you do.

Yes, we agree.

Yes, I know semantics. I'm saying the program itself isn't bullshido because they are training this way. When the local TKD teachers (sorry Oldman) takes it in the wrong direction it becomes bullshido.

Yes, I'm making a distinction. The reason is videos on Vale Tudo, taught by a non-competing Ninja, is bullshdio.

Making a DVD program of what you teach, to sell to the masses*, is A McDojo practice.

*No, I'm not talking a helpful technique or learning DVD.
    ok, i see what you're saying there. In and of itselft what ATT is doing isn't necessarily Bullshido, however I think we can all agree that this is pretty much guaranteed to result in MMA Bullshido being taught at a number of schools that decide to participate in this.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 10:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I don't give a **** who trains what. Motherfuckers can do whatever they want to. You guys, however, don't have that luxury. You are the ones who like to turn it on at the slightest hint of bullshidoim/mcdojoism?

Hypocrisy. Rampant hypocrisy. You want a cop out because you don't want to bring **** on the ATT. Coward?

Yeah, so it's OK to sell bad goods, but it's not OK to use them? What the **** do you think the McDojo instructors are going to do? Start giving dance lessons? Seriously?

**** that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 11:00am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But this is specifically marketed to martial arts instructors (who are not qualified to teach MMA) so they can cash in on the "MMA craze". ATT are lending their name to these guys and giving them false legitimacy, that's Bullshido no?

Good point.

That's why I say semantics.

Krav Maga comes to mind immediately. When I said the same thing about some of their programs, I was blasted off a thread. So, I guess it is going to be up for interpretation. That is what this is modeled after IMO, from oldman's posts and reading the website.

Hopefully, with contact, it can get corrected to a point where it is more cut and dry. I guess the argument that was made, in another thread, was better them than some hack.

No, I don't agree with that but, I see the argument.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/12/2008 11:04am at . Reason: Don't want idiot thinking he has a good point.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 11:02am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Personally, I don't give a **** who trains what. Motherfuckers can do whatever they want to. You guys, however, don't have that luxury. You are the ones who like to turn it on at the slightest hint of bullshidoim/mcdojoism?

Hypocrisy. Rampant hypocrisy. You want a cop out because you don't want to bring **** on the ATT. Coward?
    Waaaah. You are an admitted troll that brings zero to a conversation. When you contribute instead of complain then you can bitch.

Yeah, so it's OK to sell bad goods, but it's not OK to use them? What the **** do you think the McDojo instructors are going to do? Start giving dance lessons? Seriously?

**** that?
    Yeah just like you can't help or talk but, just complain. Way to skip my question.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 11:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Waaaah. You are an admitted troll that brings zero to a conversation. When you contribute instead of complain then you can bitch.

Yeah just like you can't help or talk but, just complain. Way to skip my question.
    So that's your copout? I thought as much.

Carry on. But you when you say your mission is to combat fakes and frauds in Martial Arts, you should add a disclaimer that says "but not when it applies to people we like".

And what question do you refer to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast